PDA

View Full Version : I used BLACKMAIL last night

Johnch
07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I have not been able to trim shooting lanes or do the other stuff to get ready to bow hunt
Figured I would just hunt a few easy ground setup's

So last night my nephue ask if I had the stands ready for season
I told him the truth ......I couldn't
I layed it on thick about the torn rotator cuff http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/images/smilies/smiley_blackeye.gif

So he started to act sad , as he hunts with me sometimes
And has been practicing a lot with his bow

So I told him if he wanted to bowhunt for deer
He had to HELP clear the shooting lanes and get a few spots ready for my ground blinds

LOL he said OK :bigsmyl2:

So early this AM we headed out back and got a start
I used the bushhog to clear the old lane
He started setting up a ground blind and brushing it in
He got to use the polesaw to trim a few limbs

He hauled 2 more mineral blocks out and the project of setting up the deer feeder ( I will not start feeding till a few weeks before season )

Probely 2 more mornings and we ......he will have all the shooting lanes cut and stands ready

So I will probely be able to hunt afterall http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/images/smilies/DancingPickle.gif

John

firefly1957
07-22-2012, 08:57 PM
That is not Blackmail that is your nephew helping you out and what family is for just like you allowing him to hunt there!

NSP64
07-22-2012, 09:32 PM
How are you going to bow hunt with a bad rotator cuff.

runfiverun
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
going put on a limb here.
call your sis and thank her.

Mk42gunner
07-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Not Blackmail, a little guilt trip maybe, but not blackmail.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my daughter; unless she wants dear old Dad to do something for her.

Robert

Bullfrog
07-22-2012, 11:16 PM
You appear to be very very thirsty after that and he should buy you beer too! LOL

Jim
07-23-2012, 05:37 AM
I agree with the others. It's not blackmail, it's paying dues for priveledges.

Johnch
07-23-2012, 07:51 AM
How are you going to bow hunt with a bad rotator cuff.

I have a crossbow and a freind gave me a battery powered cocker

Also all of the land I will be hunting is NW Ohio .....so it is flat
Lots of feilds , with small woods and creek bottoms
So I can get the ATV in almost everywhere to drag a deer out

Not the best
But till they opperate on the shoulder , the best I can do :cry:

John

Goatwhiskers
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
SWMBO has had both sides done, I even got to do some of the therapy!! Payback is a bxxxx. Point is, if you DO what the therapists tell you, you will easily be back 98-100% in a month to six weeks. Good luck! Goat

hiram1
07-23-2012, 08:27 PM
good luck my friend do what thay say

Jal5
07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
that crossbow with the ratcheting string cocker saved me last season when I thought I wouldn't get to hunt due to recovery from back surgery! Didn't get to shoot one with the bow though but at least I was hunting. Good luck. Joe

H.Callahan
07-25-2012, 05:00 PM
SWMBO has had both sides done, I even got to do some of the therapy!! Payback is a bxxxx. Point is, if you DO what the therapists tell you, you will easily be back 98-100% in a month to six weeks. Good luck! Goat
I did a 100% total tear (all four ligaments) in January 2011 -- on my dominate side, of course! Operation done in March 2011. I now have a ~50% permanent disability (can't raise my arm over shoulder height). I am just now getting to the point of contemplating shooting something stronger than a .22 in a long gun. Pistols have been ok, but I have to take frequent breaks to let the shoulder rest.

So it all depends on how bad it is.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
not black mail at all

when I was 16 I was at work , my dad had called my boss a family friend told him he had a deer and I needed to come drag it out , as he had just had back surgery the year before

thats paying dues