PDA

View Full Version : my guns and my wifes cat

27judge
07-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Something to give you a smile. My wife has two cats(house cats never allowed outside).Every time i go to the range i return home and lay my guns on my pool table for later cleaning.For some reason one of my wifes cats likes my guns or the cases they are are carried in, as this is what i find. This a big cat who does not believe in gun control tks ken

Pb2au
07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
That's strange. My cats do almost the same thing. When I get back from shooting, they inspect,smell and crawl all over my stuff.

Ickisrulz
07-22-2012, 04:53 PM
The thought of cat hair on my guns makes me shiver.

Bloodman14
07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Man, I got cat hair in my lube!

just.don
07-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Everything I own is covered in hair from my wife's dog.

Jaybird62
07-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Better be careful. If you've got more than one cat and they lay on your open gun cases, the other will likely get jelous and "mark" the gun case. Found out the hard way this happened to one of my pistol cases... the one with a mint Model 29 Smith in it. About three weeks later, I reopened the case and got a nasty surprise. Left a couple of dime-sized rust spots on the frame and cylinder. I never leave an open gun case anywhere around the house as long as we've got cats around.

27judge
07-22-2012, 06:48 PM
no problem guns get cleaned and put back in safe all cases go outside to storage shed rite away tks ken

Silver Eagle
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
One of our cats likes to lay on my range bag any time it is out. He also lays on or in suitcases. Including when you are packing!
They know when you are getting ready to go out.

Silver Eagle

DSL1138
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
He also lays on or in suitcases. Including when you are packing!

It's funny, I have a cat that does the exact same thing. Although my cat nearly flatten's the suitcase because the sucker weighs nearly 25 pounds.

Wayne Smith
07-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Cats will go an lay on anything that is different. I have had a sheet of typing paper on the floor and gotten up to find a cat on it. We only have two. Paper bags, boxes, and yes, gun cases. One of ours will even center herself on the pattern in the rug.

reloader28
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I dont use gun cases, but our Siamese cat sure likes the reloading room.
If the doors open, he comes in there all the time.

RobS
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
A famous quote: "Curiosity killed the Cat". Not that I am saying I wished your cats would die but man I can imagine (maybe I should say I don't want to imagine) what claws can do to a good firearm or good case. And I'm sure someone will say that their cats are declawed.............

Beau Cassidy
07-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I always make sure my cases are closed and put away. I like cats and have more than a few. They taste like chicken. Off topic but when a young fellow I had a cat that looked just like him. We called him Boogie.

richhodg66
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Weonly have one cat now, but guns seem to make him nervous. I think the metalic sound of an action working is what sets him off.

We had a big old sweet cat that used to have to lie on anything new if you set it down, didn't matter what it was or how angular or hard, he would plop down on top of it. He had a great personality, but he did have some strange quirks.

I love cats. I love dogs too, but I just couldn't imagine not having a cat around. This is really the first time in my 25 year history with my wife that we've only had one that I can remember, our older one died a year or so back and we just haven't replaced him.

blackthorn
07-26-2012, 10:41 AM
When we retired in 2004 we moved to Kamloops with our three cats. Since then the oldest cat had to be put down due to health reasons, then, last year a coyote got the second oldest so we only have one now. All three were add-ons to the family. The oldest came to us from our son due to it having allergies from something at his place and the other two just showed up and stayed.