PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

Bret4207
05-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Went to the Friends of the NRA dinner last night hoping to get in touch with someone from NRA face to face that could help me with stopguncontrol.info. "Well, I'm in fund raising. I don't know much about the political end of things. Why are you trying to organize all these websites again?" Kripes, I might better have stuck to not having my emails answered as talking to that guy.

Ever notice how much it hurts to beat your head against a wall?

Bigjohn
05-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Went to the Friends of the NRA dinner last night hoping to get in touch with someone from NRA face to face that could help me with stopguncontrol.info. "Well, I'm in fund raising. I don't know much about the political end of things. Why are you trying to organize all these websites again?" Kripes, I might better have stuck to not having my emails answered as talking to that guy.

Ever notice how much it hurts to beat your head against a wall?

And the brickwork will leave a pattern on your forehead. I normally use a cushion between the wall and forehead; saves on damage to the wall. [smilie=1:

Jim
05-04-2007, 08:34 PM
And I've had people suggest I must be a communist 'cause I'm not a member. I rest my case.

KCSO
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Seems to me anymore the friends of the NRA are Hamilton, Franklin, Grant ect.

monadnock#5
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm very sorry that you got blown off by the NRA rep. Tpr. Brett. It's never a good thing to dismiss out of hand a man trying to make a difference. Please do try not to let this experience sour you on the NRA as whole however. It's no surprise that so many fellow gun owners despise the NRA. It represents everything we've come to hate about Washington. Political action committees, lobbyists, shady if not illegal deals made in back rooms, the NRA is into all that nastiness right up to its eyeballs. As such, it is perfectly suited and very adept at pursuing our interests within the US political system as it now exists. There may come a time when leaders like you can spread the word and make the call directly through the internet. But we ain't there yet.

Ken