PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Colorado

NSP64
07-20-2012, 06:32 AM
another senseless shooting at a movie theater in aurora colorado this morning . I pray no one from here is affected.

btroj
07-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Senseless it was. Sadly, I see a renewed call for fun control. Soon we will get a pat down at theaters too.

scb
07-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Here comes the Obama assault weapons ban.

flounderman
07-20-2012, 08:01 AM
we will probably find out the shooter has a history of violence, mental health problems, treated and released, arrests and probation, abused as a child, unemployed, electronic game addict, bad social life, recently separated, all of the above, it wasn't his fault. possibly ex service man with post stress. somebody should have seen some warning flags. I doubt it was a muslim terrorist. I would guess the guy is white, under 30, with some military training, could have been in combat, unemployed, some recent incident put him over the edge. the shootings at columbine started the crowd killing spree. those people had specific targets, virginia tech was random, but the shooter had a connection with the school. now it has gotten to the point you shoot up a crowd of people to get free room and board for the rest of your life. eliminating the death penalty hasn't proved to be a deterent. I don't recall any mass shootings in texas. concealed carry and the death penalty will do more to cure this epidemic than all the laws they can think of. It is already illegal to go around randomly shooting people. what good would another law against it do?

DCP
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
At least 14 killed
At least 50 injured

Can you CC carry in theater in Colorado ? Must be all young people.

The President has been notified. (You think)as per NBC news

btroj
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
We should ask Obama if he did this himself? He was educated in schools by a teacher, drove on roads, and all so isn't the government behind this?

Yep, he will have a history of odd behavior. His FB page will have comments regarding an attack or something, and this won't be a shock to some around him.

In an open society it is impossible to stop every evil person intent upon causing harm from doing so. He was intent upon killing and no gun law was going to stop hi,.

garym1a2
07-20-2012, 08:19 AM
24 male, probally video game warrior type.

we will probably find out the shooter has a history of violence, mental health problems, treated and released, arrests and probation, abused as a child, unemployed, electronic game addict, bad social life, recently separated, all of the above, it wasn't his fault. possibly ex service man with post stress. somebody should have seen some warning flags. I doubt it was a muslim terrorist. I would guess the guy is white, under 30, with some military training, could have been in combat, unemployed, some recent incident put him over the edge. the shootings at columbine started the crowd killing spree. those people had specific targets, virginia tech was random, but the shooter had a connection with the school. now it has gotten to the point you shoot up a crowd of people to get free room and board for the rest of your life. eliminating the death penalty hasn't proved to be a deterent. I don't recall any mass shootings in texas. concealed carry and the death penalty will do more to cure this epidemic than all the laws they can think of. It is already illegal to go around randomly shooting people. what good would another law against it do?

WILCO
07-20-2012, 08:28 AM
At least 14 killed

Now they're saying it's 12 killed.

NSP64
07-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Helmet
Gas mask
Kevlar vest

One ccw person could have stopped it.
My GF used to think I was paranoid carrying all the time, not so now.

WILCO
07-20-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't recall any mass shootings in texas.

October 16, 1991. Luby's Massacre. 24 murdered.

Phat Man Mike
07-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Wow it's a sad day for sure! And he had buckets of ammo in his apartment. Something for the media to beat down again. A sad morning for sure. Prayers going out to all involved .

dpaultx
07-20-2012, 08:49 AM
October 16, 1991. Luby's Massacre. 24 murdered.

Happened before we passed CCW in 1995.

DCP
07-20-2012, 08:53 AM
They sure will

Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises"

If this move wasn't made these people would be alive today

So should we banned move theaters or moves or or both
Maybe even video games

"If just 1 person could be saved"

:kidding:

Vaya con Dios

Wow it's a sad day for sure! And he had buckets of ammo in his apartment. Something for the media to beat down again. A sad morning for sure. Prayers going out to all involved .

WILCO
07-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Happened before we passed CCW in 1995.

Okay. Still happened though...................

LUCKYDAWG13
07-20-2012, 09:11 AM
my prayers are sent to the families

Roundnoser
07-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Here comes the Obama assault weapons ban.

Let no good tragedy go to waste, right?! -- Just one more reason that Obama MUST not get another term.

I feel terrible for those victims, but I fear that our corrupt government will try to limit our freedoms in the name of protecting "future" victims.

pmer
07-20-2012, 09:19 AM
I just herd a interview on the radio from Gary Luverne author of Shooter (or sniper) in the Tower. 1966 shooting at a Texas university.

He says, statisticly, these people are allways extremely self centered, self focused and fustrated. Nearly impossible to predict because of the thousands of false positives. 25 - 35 white males. Not really crazy in a obvious sense; but well capable of planning and executing a string of events.

CCW is the only way.

Prayers and thoughts going out to those families and victims.

gray wolf
07-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Needless to say this is a sad day, sad for the victims-- some of them small children. My prayers for them.
BUT, Some of the media is saying already that he is probly a anti constitutionalists.
Strongly hinting at the fact.
It's a sad day for gun ownership also. The antis will ride this horse until it drops.
Almost all times these creeps kill themselves. But not this time.
So here he is fully armed, kills all these people, is armed with multiple weapons,
They say he had a house full of bad goodies, AND
He is taken alive without a fight.
OH but don't worry we have the U N treaty to save us
It's not passing my smell test--Sorry.
The commie news will have a field day with this one.
Hold onto your hat's.

alamogunr
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Let no good tragedy go to waste, right?! -- Just one more reason that Obama MUST not get another term.

I feel terrible for those victims, but I fear that our corrupt government will try to limit our freedoms in the name of protecting "future" victims.

Are we sure that someone in the Democratic re-elect the president campaign didn't initiate this?

I wouldn't put it past them but I doubt that is what happened. They would have picked someone that committed suicide rather than give himself up.

captaint
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I really can't imagine what it must be like for the families and friends of the victims. So senseless. We're going to take a beating over this. The "press" will be salivating over this one for weeks. Mike

koehn,jim
07-20-2012, 10:07 AM
alamogunr
That comment and post is so far beneath contempt, I cant imagine anyone being so messed up in the head that your first thoughts are to try to turn somthing like this political.

H.Callahan
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
The surreal part of this for me is that is just a few blocks from where I used to live. The wife, daughter and I went to that theater all the time for movies. If we still were there, it is likely that we would have gone to see that.

The wounded were triaged at a nearby high school. The nearest high school to that theater was where I worked for a few years after I was laid off by the airlines.

Very strange. And sad. After this and Columbine I suspect things are going to be particularly bad in Colorado, but the rest of the country is going to feel it as well.

wallenba
07-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Mall Ninja. Frustrated by America's lack of recognizing him for being a 'hero on guard at home'. Decided to pay us back for not being in awe of him.
Who really knows? Theses guys all have their own reality, apart from normal people. I see them as having their maturity developement arrested somewhere around the age of ten. They may look, act, and live in the adult world, have normal IQ's, but maturity, and sense of self-awareness has been left behind.
Hate is a strong word, I don't like using it. But these people deserve it. They take away from people the one thing anybody ever really has...life. I would never put our interests above the victims lives, but once again we gun owners will be put on the defensive because of these selfish creeps who kill simply because it makes them feel good.

white eagle
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Senseless it was. Sadly, I see a renewed call for fun control. Soon we will get a pat down at theaters too.
its too damn bad someone didn't have a gun there so they could have ended this clown's terror spree
just reaffirms my need for a cc permit :groner:

Reload3006
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this senseless tragedy in Aurora Colorado. Having put a son in the ground I do first hand know the pain and confusion and feelings of helplessness and loss. In time they will learn to live with the emptiness left in their hearts by a diabolical thug. Sadly already people are trying and will continue to try to use this incident to further their political careers or agendas. It sickens me. When in my opinion all these terrible tragedies are the result of a Nation that has turned its back on God. When Man is left to his own sense of justice and morality this is what happens. Satan is giggling with delight right now....Dan.

gray wolf
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
CNN Piers Morgan Calls For Gun Control...

Bloomberg: What are Obama, Romney going to do about guns?

R.M.
07-20-2012, 11:37 AM
14 dead now @ 9:30 am
I guess his apartment is booby-trapped too.

EMC45
07-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Very sad. I pray for the families of the victims and the victims as well. No one carries concealed in Colo.? Wallenba hit the nail on the head in the above post.

EMC45
07-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Raum Emmanuel says to "never let a good crisis go to waste". Shameful how this tragedy is already being politicized.

H.Callahan
07-20-2012, 11:43 AM
No one carries concealed in Colo.
The permit has to be approved by the Sheriff. When I was there, the Sheriff of Arapahoe county (where half of Aurora lies) then was notorious for not approving carry permits. I didn't even bother to try as a number of people that I know tried, but were rejected.

R.M.
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Things have changed. Many, many people have permits, but don't carry, for reasons that only they can say.

ErikO
07-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Helmet
Gas mask
Kevlar vest

As long as that CCW person had a gas mask, illumination and hearing protection.

That way they might have known to get their family to head to the lobby and not the fire exits where folks were getting shot up.

This guy had a plan and stuck to it. Event was timed and planned for maximum panic in a target-rich environment.

If you would open fire in a crowded theater after panic and confusion set in, what would your instructor say?

ErikO
07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Very sad. I pray for the families of the victims and the victims as well. No one carries concealed in Colo.? Wallenba hit the nail on the head in the above post.

Also, theaters are free fire, er, gun free zones.

The shooter picked a ripe target.

R.M.
07-20-2012, 11:51 AM

I don't think so in CO. I know I carry in them, right or wrong.

pmer
07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
The Brady campaign against common sense (gun violence) allready has a picture of the theater on their webb page. "Sign our petition now"

I guess they had those "bans guns" signs for the CCW holders at the mall. I don't know but couldn't there be some responsibilty on the property owners for not letting people protect themselves?

Powellcole5490
07-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Well that theater is about a 5 minute drive from us and we have watched a few movies there. Luckily, no one I know personally was affected; however, we are getting word on base that some military members stationed with me were affected. We don't have any details yet. This is just further motivation for me to get my concealed carry. I've put it off for far too long!

Recluse
07-20-2012, 12:44 PM
The shooting mirrors the first chapter in my book where the scumbags target people they KNOW will be unarmed, and thus defenseless.

The fact that libtards don't get this is yet another indictment of the pubic education system they are in charge of.

:coffee:

Dragoon 45
07-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Just heard on a radio news report, the alledged shooter had just dropped out of Medical School last month. He is supposed to be 24; so I doubt he is a vet.

There is also something in the news about Good Morning America tracking down the shooter's mother. When they called her she was unaware her son was the shooter. When informed her son had just killed a number of people, she said something to the effect of "that's him". So she obviously knew he had some problems.

Recluse
07-20-2012, 01:00 PM
As long as that CCW person had a gas mask, illumination and hearing protection.

That way they might have known to get their family to head to the lobby and not the fire exits where folks were getting shot up.

This guy had a plan and stuck to it. Event was timed and planned for maximum panic in a target-rich environment.

If you would open fire in a crowded theater after panic and confusion set in, what would your instructor say?

I've told my wife and daughter that if anything like that happened, they were to grab hold of my back belt loops and follow me to safety.

As far as opening fire after panic/confusion set in? That is up to the individual and not his or her instructor.

The last thing you should ever worry about when trying to save your own life is what someone else might think.

Mud Eagle
07-20-2012, 01:03 PM
There is also something in the news about Good Morning America tracking down the shooter's mother. When they called her she was unaware her son was the shooter. When informed her son had just killed a number of people, she said something to the effect of "that's him". So she obviously knew he had some problems.

I think that's a gross distortion.

My take was that when she was telephoned by the press, they were asking if she was the mother of the shooter, and that is when she said it.

I believe she said, "you've got the right person", as in, "yes, that is my son."

A San Diego woman identifying herself as James Holmes's mother spoke briefly with ABC News this morning.

She had awoken unaware of the news of the shooting and had not been contacted by authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

"You have the right person," she said.

"I need to call the police," she added. "I need to fly out to Colorado."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-people-dead/story?id=16817842

Love Life
07-20-2012, 01:09 PM
A terrible tragedy. 12 families ruined, 50 people wounded. The creep didn't even have the decency to kill himself.

As for 1 CCW holder stopping this I don't know. The CCW person may have or he/she may have wet their pants and curled into a little ball.

I will say a prayer for the victims and their families. I will say a different prayer concerning the shooter.

R.M.
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
At least CO has the death penalty, as long of a process as it is.

Roundnoser
07-20-2012, 01:22 PM

Isn't that almost always the case?...Virginia Tech, Columbine, Ft. Hood, LA, etc...When will the anti-gun establishment get it?

In this case, it isn't just some idiot with a gun. This guy was prepared with protective gear, explosives, and buckets of ammo. It isn't simply a case of "Mano e mano" self defense. I don't carry a pocket pistol in preparation for a war...just self-defense.

Before the anti-gun people go nuts over this incident, lets also consider the other laws that the guy has simply ignored: Possession of explosives (probably without a permit), murder, attempted murder, conceal carry without a permit, Unlawful use of a firearm, use of protective equipment (vest) in the commission of a crime, etc. -- I don't think this guy gave a hoot about any gun control laws...as we all know, the law only applies to those who desire to follow it.

H.Callahan
07-20-2012, 02:01 PM
From Aurora PD press briefing going on as I type this, the guns used were an AR15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40 Glock. Another .40 Glock found in his car. He was wearing a ballistic vest, a ballistic helmet, ballistic leg guards, ballistic groin protector and a gas mask.

Might have been difficult to bring him down even with a CC permit.

Recluse
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
From Aurora PD press briefing going on as I type this, the guns used were an AR15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40 Glock. Another .40 Glock found in his car. He was wearing a ballistic vest, a ballistic helmet, ballistic leg guards, ballistic groin protector and a gas mask.

How the hell did he get into this "NO GUNS ALLOWED" bastion of pubic safety carrying all that hardware???

Yeah, it would've been difficult bringing him down with all that body armor, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that a couple of .45 rounds to the chest even with the ballistic vest on will bring you to your knees. So will a 9mm double-tap.

I once (stupidly) volunteered for a live demo of Second Chance body armor back in my young and foolish days. The double-tap of 9mm hurt like crazy, but the single .45 slug hit so hard I thought I was having a heart attack.

It would've been tough, but doable on this creep.

But the one thing we've seen time and time again is that gun control did not STOP the event from happening, but merely guaranteed the outcome of it.

GT27
07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
They need to set an example with this guy,anyone that acts, and plans, and commits such an act of violence,from the states, or out of the states will pay the ultimate price swiftly!This will drag on forever though with our current judicial system!! Prayers for the folks that lost their lives and the family members that are mourning their deaths! GT27

1Shirt
07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Let's see, a former Med Student, from a liberal University who reportedly was on a PH. D track. Do you think maybe he was possibly a deranged ultra liberal gamer?
1Shirt!

H.Callahan
07-20-2012, 02:26 PM
How the hell did he get into this "NO GUNS ALLOWED" bastion of pubic safety carrying all that hardware??
Apparently, he, or someone else opened the emergency exit at the front of the theater, propped it open and then he carried everything in from his car that was parked near the emergency exit.

Recluse
07-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Apparently, he, or someone else opened the emergency exit at the front of the theater, propped it open and then he carried everything in from his car that was parked near the emergency exit.

That certainly satisfies the "premeditated" portion of a murder charge.

Quite honestly, I'd be content if one of the victims' families paid off someone in jail to ice this scumbag and save us a lot of grief.

sparky45
07-20-2012, 02:48 PM
alamogunr
That comment and post is so far beneath contempt, I cant imagine anyone being so messed up in the head that your first thoughts are to try to turn somthing like this political.

Lighten up Jim, seems like sarcasm to me.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-20-2012, 02:49 PM
11q it!

blademasterii
07-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think they should ever release the name of the shooter in situations like this. Make absolutely no mention of him or anything about him other than he is dead or in custody. If in custody, bring in multiple people that were shot at or shot for a 100% positive I.D. That being done death sentence carried out within 24 hours. PERIOD.

Bad Water Bill
07-20-2012, 03:26 PM
If this was indeed a gun free zone each and every victim should sue for at least 5 million + any and all bills incurred by the victim. This should be filed against the theater and all corporate owners. Also all of those present in the theater should do the same thing.

The owners and corp created an area where viewers were forbidden from protecting themselves therefor they are responsible for the results and should have to answer for their actions

ErikO
07-20-2012, 03:30 PM
I know I'm a pretty decent shot at 10m with a pistol on a well lit range when my adrenalin is normal. Put me in a dark theater with smoke/CS and a panicked crowd and my effective range drops to 3-5m at best.

Blacksmith
07-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Latest reports are he legaly bought two guns at two Gander Mountain stores and two at two Bass Pro Shops.

NSP64
07-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Last time I wore one, a gas mask limited your ability to see, not stop bullets. The ballistic helmut would keep any bullets from exiting the back of the head and causing more bystander injury.
If anyone that wears a vest and has been shot will tell you it doesnt feel good. Might disable enough to advance and put one in the face.
LAPD figured it out pretty quick, you can't protect everywhere.

NSP64
07-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Latest reports are he legaly bought two guns at two Gander Mountain stores and two at two Bass Pro Shops.

And every drunk driver probably bought their car at a dealership.

NSP64
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think they should ever release the name of the shooter in situations like this. Make absolutely no mention of him or anything about him other than he is dead or in custody. If in custody, bring in multiple people that were shot at or shot for a 100% positive I.D. That being done death sentence carried out within 24 hours. PERIOD.

Here, Here

Ickisrulz
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
alamogunr

Leave that to the professional politicians.

Longwood
07-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Two thing that I have seen so far really worry me.
Number one is the idiots hat took their baby to a Batman movie.
Number two is the kid that knew him well saying that he is just a normal every day kid.
I found that remark to be rather disturbing,,, if that nut was/is "Normal",,,, AKA, just like the rest of them, what is ahead for America.

I think too many of America's children live in an imaginary land and have no clue about reality.

27judge
07-20-2012, 06:49 PM
All those people and no one had a cc permit. At lease with a cc your would have a chance to defend yourself. As it was no one had a chance to defend anyone.Same thing as in AZ some months ago, one person with a cc permit could have changed the outcome . In both cases it would still be bad but maybe, just maybe it could have been less. And yes i do have a cc permit for maryland and 27 other states. tks ken

Bad Water Bill
07-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Just a thought. With the theaters security so great that he could leave the door open long enough to get dressed and re enter the theater on a opening night showing we should all be glad he did not bring in a couple of 5 gal bottles of propane.

I am not saying I am happy about what he did ( far from it ) but only pointing how much worse it could have been.

All we can do is pray for all of the folks involved and get ready for another attack on our 2A rights.

NSP64
07-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I would gladly pay 1 carton of cigs per month to the inmate who makes this fool his personal B1*ch every night.

Blacksmith
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
27judge
A cc permit in Maryland is a rare thing but maybe after the Wollard case that will change for the better. Like you said the people need the chance to defend themselves.

felix
07-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Defending one's self against Satan without the Lord's help is folly. No prayers, no protection. Notice what the movies emphasize these days. ... felix

Blacksmith
07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Felix next post will be 10,000 two gold boolits. WOW!

27judge
07-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Blacksmith you are so correct . in md you must have a business to even apply for a cc permit. Even then it takes up to 3-4 months .I have long supported the idea that everyone should be allowed to defend them selves I believe in full background checks etc but every state should look at the right for self defense .tks for your time ken

Dragoon 45
07-20-2012, 09:41 PM
In this article are supposed crime scene photos. What is shown in the photos does not match the description in the news and I have seen the same reports you mentioned on Fox News. The vest in the photo is far from being full protection. There is a helmet in the photo, but I see nothing resembling the groin protector or leg protectors. True they may not be in the field of view. Those same reports also stated he was wearing a gas mask and a pair of goggles, yet with the gas mask shown there is no way to wear goggles underneath it and still get a seal on the gas mask.

From the photos there is not near enough equipment there to be fully encased in protective armor. It will take months to get the full story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176377/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-theater-shooting--James-Holmes-looked-like-said-JOKER.html

Dragoon 45
07-20-2012, 09:43 PM
You may be right, but that is not how it was reported on a number of other news casts.

I think that's a gross distortion.

My take was that when she was telephoned by the press, they were asking if she was the mother of the shooter, and that is when she said it.

I believe she said, "you've got the right person", as in, "yes, that is my son."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-people-dead/story?id=16817842

David2011
07-20-2012, 11:20 PM
But the one thing we've seen time and time again is that gun control did not STOP the event from happening, but merely guaranteed the outcome of it.

Isn't that the WHOLE problem?

David

jblee10
07-20-2012, 11:22 PM
I just wish they had an early showing in congress!!!!!!!!!!! Or the White House!!!!!!!!!
Why do these f ing idiots take it out on the general public?

nicholst55
07-20-2012, 11:39 PM
This nutcase sounds like a domestic terrorist to me. Send him to Gitmo for about ten years, then execute him.

Plate plinker
07-20-2012, 11:39 PM

I might have to start carrying a magnum of some sort that can defeat body armor. Or hope I can pull off a head shot under great duress.

jblee10
07-20-2012, 11:42 PM
I thought gitmo was supposed to be closed down 3 and a half years ago?

H.Callahan
07-21-2012, 01:12 AM
In this article are supposed crime scene photos. What is shown in the photos does not match the description in the news and I have seen the same reports you mentioned on Fox News. The vest in the photo is far from being full protection. There is a helmet in the photo, but I see nothing resembling the groin protector or leg protectors. True they may not be in the field of view. Those same reports also stated he was wearing a gas mask and a pair of goggles, yet with the gas mask shown there is no way to wear goggles underneath it and still get a seal on the gas mask.

From the photos there is not near enough equipment there to be fully encased in protective armor. It will take months to get the full story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176377/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-theater-shooting--James-Holmes-looked-like-said-JOKER.html
The description of the armor was as given from the Chief of the Aurora PD at the first news conference that was being held at around 12:00 MST. I was listening to KOA radio (via the Internet) in Denver and was typing as he was describing the guns and the armor.

Blacksmith
07-21-2012, 02:05 AM

Which is the reason you should practice the Mozambique Drill untill you can do it under stress.

Now they will be calling for ammunition limits which will limit your ability to practice. After all he had 6000 rounds he bought legally over the internet.

Stephen Cohen
07-21-2012, 02:24 AM
I give my condolences to all affected, these sorts of things are fare to frequent and have a lasting affect on us all in one way or another. I wonder how many of his friends or family knew he had a screw loose, and why he was not reported to proper authorities as an unfit gun owner. Im proud to say I have notified authorities a couple times about unfit individuals, one who actually threatend to kill his family and later tried to top himself with medication, could have been a lot worse had he still had his guns. I know you all hold the 2nd dear to heart, I truely believe it did not apply to this individual and Im sure those who were murdered would agree.

BD
07-21-2012, 08:17 AM
As far as I know CC is completely legal in movie theaters in CO. It also seems that this loser took some precautions against the possibility of CC response, using smoke and some type of body armor as well as a 12 gauge pump and an AR. Unless you were right next to him, return fire would likely have drawn a devastating response. A nightmare senerio for the guy with a .38 snubby in his pocket.

Unfortunately, as long as the MSM is going to reward these cowards with their week of infamy, we will occasionally have these events in a "free country". I believe the answer lies with our response, (media), rather than with increased preparations for defense.

All of the other major English speaking nations on earth have instituted major gun control laws as a result of similar instances. In all cases the result was a rise in violent crime against citizens across the board. Why would we go down that road?

BD

EMC45
07-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Gas masks are soft rubber. Easily penetrated by a handgun round. Throats are normally unprotected as well even with modern IBAs there is a just a throat protector that is a soft ballistic panel. Any hits to these ares will get this creep's attention! We can ponder all day about what we "woulda coulda shoulda" done, bone in the end this is a terrible tradgedy and mine and my family's prayers will continue on to the throne room of God for all those affected.

Bullfrog
07-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Sure is a lot of speculation that goes on. I live here. I have been there. I went to a movie at a different theater that day with my family. CC is allowed here with permit and open carry is allowed as well. Theater had a sign posted, but that is more a deterrent than anything else. Fact is that if someone was carrying, they did not respond. The area it happened in is not the best part of town and they have armed guards there anyway. My immediate family was not affected except my wife that has to deal with the aftermath at work in the medical field. There was no way to stop a lunatic from doing this and it is a sign of the times. I grew up there, I know the area well as well as how it is now. Bottom line is that this low life scum bag from a privileged family thought that he could get power and be someone. This is evident because he surrendered without incident behind the theater and in fact was waiting by his vehicle. As others have said already, all we can do is pray for the families involved. As for the aftermath to our sport and hobby there is no way telling in this political environment, but I have a suggestion: Join the NRA if you are not a member or increase your membership status. Nuff said. God Bless us all.

Bad Water Bill
07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Let us NOT forget all of the other folks in that theater. Even if they did not
have a friend etc harmed or killed they will re live that event for the rest of their life.

I would not want to think of the thousands of night mares they will have in the rest of their life.

DCP
07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
This JOKER is a true COWARD
All the Armor he had on he didn’t want to die.
When the real MEN showed up, he just surrendered.

He just drops out of Medical school so he won’t be a Dr

He wanted the fame, for his name to live in infinity.
No one will look at movie theaters or Moves the same way again

The press will cover this forever, just what he wanted.

I think they should not execute him, but put in a solitary confinement and let no one talk to him. If the courts won’t put him in solitary confinement then just execute him.

Here is the real problem. COPYCATS -Who or what will be next.

Not even God can change the pasts. So must be extremely vigilant to protect the future

Thumbcocker
07-21-2012, 09:51 AM
It looks like the hospitals did a fantastic job of getting people and resources together quickly.

singleshot
07-21-2012, 10:12 AM
As far as the gun control discussion goes, the government mentality is "if somebody craps his pants, we all wear diapers" when NOBODY has evil intent. We know some DO HAVE evil intent within our government.

popper
07-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Just another malcontent willing to take out his anger on us. A product of liberal society where there aren't supposed to be consequences to your actions. They show up every so often, not much we can do about it, other than Felix's remark. Let's see, got a degree (from a Ca. 'university') get into grad school, can't find a job but gets unemployment (and pays for 4 or 5 guns and 6K rounds of ammo), is 'unenrolling?' from grad school ( I guess he wanted his tuition back) and blames the public for his failure. Yup, just an evil malcontent. Soccer moms will demand gun control vs teaching their children right and wrong. It's going to get worse, the pendulum swings both ways. Prayers for ALL those involved.

Bad Water Bill
07-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Ask any of those anti gun folks how good total control works in BHOs home town?

There are more people killed EVERY week on the streets of Chicago than that. Heck sometimes just one weekend.

The shootings are so bad that the mayor and chief if police have asked the gang bangers to please do their shootings in the alley so they do not hit children.:bigsmyl2:

One of the nicest things I did hear about was that by noon a fund for the victims had been set up and they already had over $150,000 in it.

MBTcustom
07-21-2012, 11:28 AM
This is terrible! Just terrible!
I am squirming at the thought of how this will be used against gun owners. In the mean time, I just read this whole thread and I can't believe how many of you said "its finally time for me to get my CCW permit".
You have it wrong. Its high time that you take responsibility for your own protection. I hate that when I am in public, I am the one armed person for every hundred that are around me. If I decide to respond to a situation, there may be two other people who could have helped me but don't because they were too lazy to get a CC permit or just carry a gun government regulation be darned!
Yeah one guy might have had a hard time defending that crowd from the gunman, but two could have saved themselves and those around them. Is it such an impossibility to think that 2 out of every fifty people want to take responsibility for their own lives and those of their children? Apparently so.
Listen up! It is time that you get your CCW permit!
Its also time that you take responsibility for your gun rights by calling and writing to your lawmakers so that they know how we want this nation to be run and how we think that situations like this should be dealt with.
Right now, for every one of us that writes a letter stating our belief that empowering the citizens to defend themselves is the right answer, there are 10 liberals who are writing saying that disarming the citizens is the way to prevent this type of massacre.
It is time to take responsibility! Everyone will agree on one point, psychos like this will always be there, and will always try to hurt people for senseless reasons. If they cant get a gun, they will get a can of gas and a match. It doesn't matter! However, we are much better able to defend ourselves with a firearm.
We are the ones that decide what we are allowed to defend ourselves with. If you think its not a big enough issue to make a phone call or drop a letter in the mail, then you will have little more than the pen you did not use, to defend yourself and your familiy when its your turn to face a situation like this.
Mark my words, this will be used as an excuse to take your rights away. Take it seriously, and fight! Fight for your safety and that of your family! Fight for your God given freedom of self defense! Fight for a country that wont punish you for wanting to have a choice of when and how to die!
I tell you I will not go out like that. I had a good Christian friend that was gunned down as he worked behind the cash register at a local gas station. I decided right then to keep scripture in my heart and a gun on my hip!
I will not die in a country that spoon feeds me my freedom, and no man or woman will take the lives of me or my family without paying a dear price for it, weather it happens at the mall, in the theater, in a restaurant, or at home. When I step out of the house to go somewhere with the family, or alone, I always ask myself this question: "who is protecting me/us?" I might ask you the same thing. The gunman in Colorado asked without using words.
I tell you it is time to write letters.
Use the pen while you have the gun on your hip! For without the gun, the pen is useless.

DCP
07-21-2012, 11:54 AM
goodsteel

I couldn't help but think of this when I read your post.

Lord, make me fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun ”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. (Unknown)

Vaya con Dios

I am squirming at the thought of how this will be used against gun owners. In the mean time, I just read this whole thread and I can't believe how many of you said "its finally time for me to get my CCW permit".
You have it wrong. Its high time that you take responsibility for your own protection. I hate that when I am in public, I am the one armed person for every hundred that are around me. If I decide to respond to a situation, there may be two other people who could have helped me but don't because they were too lazy to get a CC permit or just carry a gun government regulation be darned!
Yeah one guy might have had a hard time defending that crowd from the gunman, but two could have saved themselves and those around them. Is it such an impossibility to think that 2 out of every fifty people want to take responsibility for their own lives and those of their children? Apparently so.
Its also time that you take responsibility for your gun rights by calling and writing to your lawmakers so that they know how we want this nation to be run and how we think that situations like this should be dealt with.
Right now, for every one of us that writes a letter stating our belief that empowering the citizens to defend themselves is the right answer, there are 10 liberals who are writing saying that disarming the citizens is the way to prevent this type of massacre.
It is time to take responsibility! Everyone will agree on one point, psychos like this will always be there, and will always try to hurt people for senseless reasons. If they cant get a gun, they will get a can of gas and a match. It doesn't matter! However, we are much better able to defend ourselves with a firearm.
We are the ones that decide what we are allowed to defend ourselves with. If you think its not a big enough issue to make a phone call or drop a letter in the mail, then you will have little more than the pen you did not use, to defend yourself and your familiy when its your turn to face a situation like this.
Mark my words, this will be used as an excuse to take your rights away. Take it seriously, and fight! Fight for your safety and that of your family! Fight for your God given freedom of self defense! Fight for a country that wont punish you for wanting to have a choice of when and how to die!
I tell you I will not go out like that. I had a good Christian friend that was gunned down as he worked behind the cash register at a local gas station. I decided right then to keep scripture in my heart and a gun on my hip!
I will not die in a country that spoon feeds me my freedom, and no man or woman will take the lives of me or my family without paying a dear price for it, weather it happens at the mall, in the theater, in a restaurant, or at home. When I step out of the house to go somewhere with the family, or alone, I always ask myself this question: "who is protecting me/us?" I might ask you the same thing. The gunman in Colorado asked without using words.
Use the pen while you have the gun on your hip! For without the gun, the pen is useless.

nicholst55
07-21-2012, 11:59 AM
"The Department of Defense is deeply saddened by the news of the tragic incident at the Aurora Mall Movie Theater in Aurora, Colo. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families of those impacted by this event.

One sailor was injured and one, known to have been at the theatre that evening, is currently unaccounted for. Two airmen were injured in the incident. The Navy and the Air Force are working with the families of these service members to ensure they have the care and attention they need.

We can also confirm that the alleged gunman in this incident, James Holmes, is not a past or current member of any branch or component of the U.S. Armed Forces."

Like I said earlier, he's just a domestic terrorist.

pmer
07-21-2012, 12:00 PM
One thing that bugs me about the dark theater and IF there were good guys trying to stop the shooter... it could turn into a who is shooting who situation.

I suppose a jerk like this is most vunerable from behind.

MBTcustom
07-21-2012, 12:13 PM
it could turn into a who is shooting who situation.

I'm so tired of hearing comments like this every time the subject of CCW is brought up as a possible deterrent to a situation like this!
Dadgum it! I'll take that any day as apposed to being gunned down like sheep!!!!!
Not only that, but I think that most of us are much more proficient at determining that the guy with the AR-15, body armor, and gas-mask is the one that needs to be shot!
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the guy that has people behind/around him is not the one you should be shooting at.

pmer
07-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm still a proud gun owner. This can only be bad for gun ownership if gun owners let it become bad.

pmer
07-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm so tired of hearing comments like this every time the subject of CCW is brought up as a possible deterrent to a situation like this!
Dadgum it! I'll take that any day as apposed to being gunned down like sheep!!!!!

I've been in tear gas, you can't think and can't see after few seconds. Most of us don't know how they'd react IMO.

gray wolf
07-21-2012, 12:34 PM
OK, I guess I have to open my self up for a little flaming,
sorry but there are some things I just do not understand, and they don't seem to come together for me.
So here we have person who is not of great wealth, but gathers together a huge amount of gear, arms, and ammo. Is schooled in complicated self destructive devises ( boob traps ). Who or how did he get trained in there use ? the internet ? come on now!
Lives in an apartment that the lights were always out and no one saw him hanging out. Already we have invoices posted on the net for some of the things he bought.
Like the pass port or was it a drivers license that floated down to the ground after 911 and was found by an F B I agent. fire, brimstone, mayhem, and total destruction and down floats a piece of paper and it just so happens to belong to one of the perps.
So he goes into a the movie sits down and gets a phone call, He, then leaves the movie and someone returns all garb up. and does the dirty deed.
NOW, can anyone identify him as the shooter ? know, why ? cause his face was covered and so was most of his body. A witness has said that one of the grenades was thrown from the opposite side of the theater. Now how did that happen ?
He leaves and is found outside the theater hanging out waiting for the police.
He left the theater, was it him that came back in ? How would you ever know ?
Remember No one saw the face of the shooter.
This guy is so hell bent to kill, he booby traps his apartment. gets all this gear and ammo and guns, kills all these people with blatant disregard for men, women and children AND babies. Then gives it up without a fight ? He leaves buckets of ammo at his residents ? why not put it in your car ? what was all the extra ammo for ?
after all he gave up, indicating a last stand was not in the plan.
Somehow there seems to be a little more to this. Read, ( it stinks )
Fast an furious was a total disaster for the Gov. the UN arms treaty is just around the corner. What other kind or horrific event could happen to out rage everyone against guns. He used an assault rifle, high Cap mags. shot gun.
hand gun, and had a knife, used and made destructive devises.
Sorry if I left some things out, Hey lets ban all that stuff.
I am afraid we are going to see the biggest push for disarmament that any of us have ever seen, and this time they just may get it.
Hey ! just saying, after the dust has cleared a little there seems to be a little fuzziness about the whole thing.
Now I am not saying that it was a put up job like a MK ultra thing err something
or that our Gov. that cares so much about us, and wants us safe and all
would ever conceive of anything so devious just to foster an agenda.
So they were assured of all the support they could get for there treaty.
Well just saying, the pieces are not fitting together so well, OH well perhaps we need to push them into place or shave a few edges.
Sorry I see this as the last dance hit piece for gun controle.

MBTcustom
07-21-2012, 12:35 PM
I've been in tear gas, you can't think and can't see after few seconds. Most of us don't know how they'd react IMO.
Well, if your not in the habit of taking responsibility for your own safety by strapping on your side arm, Its a veritable certainty how you will react: You will die, or get shot up, and you will watch helplessly as the folks around you die, and get shot up. If I am ever in that situation, I hope I am so blinded by the tear gas that I can try to tell myself that I couldn't do anything even if I had brought my sidearm. Maybe it would help me sleep at night

Bad Water Bill
07-21-2012, 12:52 PM

I do have a UTAH CCW because Obama's #1 boy will not allow me to protect myself and friends so I can only use when I leave Illinois.

Crime is so bad here that Mayor Rahm Emanuel made a plea to the gang bangers to try to do their shooting in the alleys so as not to hit the children playing in the streets. Who the ? is running the city anyhow?

With ? like tricky Dickie Durban (my senator) and Jessie (A W O L for? months) Jackson Jr (my congressman) as the only folks to contact the only hope we have here in Illinois is to take EVERYTHING thru the court system.

Not only does it take a lot of time but it also costs a lot of $ which we have to donate. Then the city and county raise my taxes so they can crush our 2A rights. It cost the city of Chicago 1.6 MILLION DOLLARS of tax payers money to lose the OTIS McDONALD case.

Since ALL 49 other states have some form of CCW permits no one here has any excuse not to have a permit. Just because you have one does not mean you MUST wear it 24/7/365 but you can carry when ever you feel the need to and not get in trouble.

You do not know how fortunate you are to be able to get your CCW till some politicians take that right away because they WILL say "see we let you have CCW and ONLY X amount of citizens even bothered to apply for one. That PROVES there is no need for a CCW in your state so REVOKE the law. Then you can join me here in Illinois and be a defenseless target for any criminal looking for a thrill.

Don't think about it do it now before it is to late.

Plate plinker
07-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Was it tear gas or something else?

Also I always try to sit near the exit or the back wall. That way I can get out or see everybody. In a large theatre would gas quickly fill the entire room or would the vents be sucking it out quickly before it reaches me? I know there are many variables to many to really ever know. I speculate that if so done would have engaged this DEFECT he probably would have fled.

Bullfrog
07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
goodsteel

I couldn't help but think of this when I read your post.

Lord, make me fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun ”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. (Unknown)

Vaya con Dios

I believe what you are looking for can be found here
http://www.rangerup.com/brass.html

MtGun44
07-21-2012, 04:37 PM
One good shooter returning fire with a major caliber would have stopped it like the
church shooting when the churchgoer (female, ex-cop) stopped the goblin after he
had shot several in the parking lot and was moving to the main congregation.

Be armed, be part of the solution.

Bill

MBTcustom
07-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Also I always try to sit near the exit or the back wall.

Excellent advice. I always sit with my back to the wall and where I can see all the exits. I watch the people, I use reflections for windows etc. Yesterday, I was in line at the tobacco store. I was looking at the display case and noticed the reflection of a man who entered the room quietly and made his way towards me. I side stepped casually like I was looking at something on the counter next to the guy in front of me. It was a small motion, but it put me in a better position with this feller coming up on my blindside. Of course he was just getting in line for the teller, but I was aware of that fact.
At work, my back is to the shop entrance so while I am working on something in the milling machine, I cannot directly see who is behind me, but I have three reflective surfaces that I use as rear and side view mirrors. Many times someone has walked up behind me and said something to get my attention and without looking up I ask them by name what I can do for them. Folks think I have eyes in the back of my head, but the truth is I notice my surroundings.
If you start noticing your surroundings you will start seeing things that you didn't before, including the motives of the people around you. Police do this all the time, but there is no reason that we can't as well, and we should.
Think about it, most cops don't get as much trigger time as we do, they have a radio etc etc, but why would you think that they are any better prepared to deal with a tense situation than we are? I'll tell you. The difference between a cop and a normal person with a gun on their hip is that fact that the cop notices his/her surroundings and watches people. I know this because I have had several family members that were cops, and my sister was a state trooper. If you get your CCW permit, you need to train yourself to notice your surroundings and be prepared to respond when the need arises. Practice shooting often, but sharpen your mind even more. It takes conscious effort to convert yourself from a sheep to a wolf.

Longwood
07-21-2012, 04:59 PM
One good shooter returning fire with a major caliber would have stopped it like the
church shooting when the churchgoer (female, ex-cop) stopped the goblin after he
had shot several in the parking lot and was moving to the main congregation.

Bill

Yep!!!
A well trained shooter who could keep his cool, would have an excellent chance at taking him out.

bearcove
07-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd rather fight than not. The tear gas is bad stuff but if you want you can still function. I've been in concentrated amounts to where it burns your skin. I could still see and function. You want to close your eyes but don't have to.

WILCO
07-21-2012, 05:46 PM
The fact that libtards don't get this...

They get it. It's all part of their master plan.

Blacksmith
07-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Bad Water Bill

Since ALL 49 other states have some form of CCW permits no one here has any excuse not to have a permit. Just because you have one does not mean you MUST wear it 24/7/365 but you can carry when ever you feel the need to and not get in trouble.

My state has CCW permits but won't issue them to regular people. We are still fighting that battle and it is costing us money for both the sides, donations and taxes. We are waiting on the circuit court next but it will no doubt go all the way to the supremes.

I would rather die trying than be shot like a..... the incoming might mess up his aim and save someone else and he gave up without a fight so maybe a couple of rounds impacting around him would have changed his mind about the whole thing.

Longwood
07-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Bad Water Bill

maybe a couple of rounds impacting around him would have changed his mind about the whole thing.

Exactly,,, he would never expect it and would immediately see that he needed to change plans.
A trained shootest would use the opportunity to do that for him.

Marlin Junky
07-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Helmet
Gas mask
Kevlar vest

Against someone wearing all that body armor? I don't think so.

I'd really like to know how he acquired all that armor and what the media has called a 100 round magazine for his AR.

MJ

Longwood
07-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I think he was trying to show just how easy it is for nut cases to pull a stunt like he did.
It will not surprise me at all when he lets it be known that he was out to do good.

Marlin Junky
07-21-2012, 07:01 PM
...and one, known to have been at the theatre that evening, is currently unaccounted for.

That's interesting. Accomplice? Terrorist plot? Money from a George Soros organization?

MJ

Blacksmith
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Against someone wearing all that body armor? I don't think so.

I'd really like to know how he acquired all that armor and what the media has called a 100 round magazine for his AR.

MJ

People in body armor can still be wounded or killed and just putting him at risk may be enough.

100 round drum magazines are listed in the Midway catalog. They are known for their tendency to jam.

Reload3006
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
i am happy to say ive never had to test the theory about being able to continue the fight after being hit in a vest I am told it hurts like a son of a gun. I have had the pleasure of the gas chamber in Boot camp..... yes you can still function but its not a pleasant experience. Watching the news this evening there are already several communist liberal democratic politicians calling for more gun laws. hold on to your seats boys the bodies are not even warm yet and the Libtards are calling for laws. I suggest we mark them and vote for their replacements.

gray wolf
07-21-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

7/20/12
Mike Adams

Quote:
(NaturalNews) James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado shooter who reportedly opened fire at a Batman movie premiere, was a medical student at the University of Colorado, pursuing a PhD in neuroscience, reports ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-peop...)

As part of the attack, Holmes painted his hair red and referred to himself as "The Joker," one of the arch enemies in the DC Comics-inspired Batman movie series. (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the...)

According to news reports, this sudden violent rampage was completely out of character for James Holmes, who was described as "shy."

The New York Times is now reporting:
Billy Kromka, a pre-med student at the University of Colorado, Boulder, worked with Mr. Holmes for three months last summer as a research assistant in a lab of at the Anschutz Medical Campus. Mr. Kromka said he was surprised to learn Mr. Holmes was the shooting suspect. "It was just shocking, because there was no way I thought he could have the capacity to do commit an atrocity like this," he said. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-mall-shooting.html?page...)

"He spent much of his time immersed in the computer, often participating in role-playing online games..."

There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three).

His behavior doesn't add up

His behavior already reveals stark inconsistencies that question the mainstream explanation of events. For example, he opened fire on innocent people but then calmly surrendered to police without resistance. This is not consistent with the idea of "killing everyone."

Furthermore, he then admitted to police that his apartment was booby-trapped with explosives. If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn't add up.

"Holmes was taken into custody shortly after the shooting, police said, adding he didn't resist when he was arrested," reports a local CBS news affiliate (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the...).

"After his arrest, Holmes told police about 'possible explosives in his residence,' Oates said. When police searched his apartment, they discovered it was booby-trapped and evacuated surrounding buildings, police said. Oates said bomb technicians are determining how to disarm flammable or explosive material in the third-floor apartment. He said police could be there some time."

None of this checks out. If you're a killer bent on causing mayhem, why tell the police about your surprise bomb waiting for them back at your apartment?

Holmes was clearly provided with exotic gear

Continuing from CBS:

"He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were 'something I've never seen.' One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes' car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting."

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

"Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reports Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/suspect-neuroscience-phd-stu...).

This is not your run-of-the-mill crime of passion. It was a carefully planned, heavily funded and technically advanced attack. Who might be behind all this? The FBI, of course, which has a long history of setting up and staging similar attacks, then stopping them right before they happen. See four documented stories on these facts:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035849_domestic_terror_plots_FBI.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/034325_FBI_entrapment_terror_plots.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/033751_FBI_terrorism.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/035757_FBI_terror_plots_false_flag.html

As you soak all this in, remember that the FBI had admitted to setting up terror plots, providing the weapons and gear, staging the location of the bombings and even driving the vehicles to pull it off! This is not a conspiracy theory, it's been admitted by the FBI right out in the open. Even the New York Times openly reports all this in stories like this one:

NYT: Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-help...)

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years -- or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts. But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. ...the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of “inert material,” harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving...

Mystery man Holmes has no background

On top of all this, Holmes apparently has no background. "He's not on anybody's radar screen -- nothing," said a peace officer in a NYT article. "This guy is somewhat of an enigma. Nobody knows anything about him." (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-mall-shooting.html)

Mr. Holmes's only criminal history is a traffic summons, the authorities said. He earned a bachelor's degree with honors in neuroscience in 2010 from the University of California, Riverside, and was a graduate student in neurosciences at the University of Colorado at Denver's Anschutz Medical Campus... He was currently collecting unemployment...

Question: How does an unemployed medical student afford $20,000 in weapons gear?

If you start to look at the really big picture here, the obvious question arises: How does an unemployed medical student afford all the complex weapons gear, bomb-making gear, "flammable" booby trap devices, ammunition, multiple magazines, bullet-proof vest, groin protection, ballistic helmet, SWAT uniform and all the rest of it?

A decent AR-15 rifle costs $1,000 or more all by itself. The shotgun and handgun might run another $800 total. Spare mags, sights, slings, and so on will run you at least another $1,000 across three firearms. The bullet-proof vest is easily another $800, and the cost of the bomb-making gear is anybody's guess. With all the specialty body gear, ammunition, booby-trap devices and more, I'm guessing this is at least $20,000 in weapons and tactical gear, much of which is very difficult for civilians to get in the first place.

The mere manufacture of an explosive booby-trap device is, all by itself, a felony crime by the way. And remember: "Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reported Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/suspect-neuroscience-phd-stu...).

Question: Where does an unemployed, introverted medical school student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby traps, tactical body armor, weapons systems and more? Certainly not in graduate school!

All this leads to an obvious third party influence over all this. Someone else taught this guy these skills and funded the acquisition of the equipment.

Staged just in time for a vote on the UN small arms treaty?

More and more, this shooting is looking like a deliberate plot staged by the government itself much like Operation Fast and Furious pulled off by the ATF (http://www.naturalnews.com/032934_ATF_illegal_firearms.html) which helped smuggle tens of thousands of guns into Mexico for the purpose of causing "gun violence" in the USA, then blaming the Second Amendment for it.

All this looks like James Holmes completed a "mission" and then calmly ended that mission by surrendering to police and admitting everything. The mission, as we are now learning, was to cause as much terror and mayhem as possible, then to have that multiplied by the national media at exactly the right time leading up the UN vote next week on a global small arms treaty that could result in gun confiscation across America. (http://lewrockwell.com/eddlem/eddlem61.1.html)

Even Forbes.com wrote about this quite extensively, warning readers about the coming gun confiscation effort related to the UN treaty. The story was authored by Larry Bell (http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should...) and says the UN treaty could "override our national sovereignty, and in the process, provide license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights."

In other words, this has all the signs of Fast & Furious, Episode II. I wouldn't be surprised to discover someone in Washington was behind it all. After all, there's no quicker way to disarm a nation and take total control over the population than to stage violence, blame it on firearms, then call for leaders to "do something!" Such calls inevitably end up resulting in gun confiscation, and it's never too long after that before government genocide really kicks in like we saw with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and other tyrants.

Governments routinely murder millions

Here's a short list of government mass murder carried out throughout history, almost always immediately following the disarmament of the public (and usually involving staged false flag events to justify the disarmament):

50+ million dead: Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50)
12+ million dead: Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) - concentration camps, civilian deaths and dead Russian POWs
8+ million dead: Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-190
6+ million dead: Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39)
5+ million dead: Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44)
2+ million dead: Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-22)
1.7 million dead: Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79)
1.6 million dead: Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94)
1.5 million dead: Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-7
1 million dead: Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970)
900,000 dead: Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982)
800,000 dead: Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994)
See more at:
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

Death by government:
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.CHAP1.HTM
http://www.infowars.com/democide-government-killed-over-260-million-i...

A "monopoly of force" in government is far more dangerous than a crazed lone shooter

So yes, James Holmes and other crazed shooters kill a number of people each year in random acts of violence. It's horrifying and wrong, but it's nothing compared to the millions of lives that governments tend to destroy when they gain total power over the populace.

The most dangerous thing in the world, it turns out, is not a crazy person with a rifle; it's a government with a "monopoly of force" over the entire population. And that's exactly what the UN spells out as its goal for the world: Stripping all power from individual citizens and handing "monopolies of force" to the governments of the world, shoring up their positions as the only "legitimate" power on the planet.

See this document entitled, "Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)" policy paper No. 24:
http://www.naturalnews.com/files/Revisiting-the-State-Monopoly-on-the...

As this document reveals, a table entitled "Governance solutions for reasserting the state monopoly on the use of force" lists the options available to governments to re-establish "monopolies of force" against their own people:

• (Re-)establish state monopoly
- Ownership of WMDs
- Safety Inspectorates

• Prohibit business activity
- Justice and Execution
- Deadly Force?

• Regulate/limit activities
- Private defense/security services
- Control of financial transfers
- Export controls
- Transport and infrastructure safety
- Environmental impact

Interestingly, that document also describes "terrorism" in a way that perfectly matches the Aurora, Colorado "Batman" movie theater shooter:

Terrorists aim to spread panic and fear in societies in order to achieve political goals, be they based on left- or right-wing, social-revolutionary, nationalistic or religious ideologies. They are organized in a clandestine way, most often in small groups and cells... Typical tactical means include kidnapping, hostage-taking, sabotage, murder, suicide attacks, vehicle bombs and improvised explosive devices.

A global monopoly of force

This document is a goldmine of information about the globalist agenda to disarm and enslave the population. Check out page 28, which reads:

The legitimate monopoly of force should not be limited to the nation-state but should be based on the local, national, regional and the global levels.

Global Security Governance and the Monopoly of Force

At the global level no monopoly of violence exists. The UN Security Council already has a monopoly power to authorize the use of force at the global level, although the UN was never given the necessary means to exercise this authority, such as the capacity to implement sanctions, a police force and armed forces...

This deficiency in global governance acts as a bottleneck and a barrier to the creation of the democratically legitimized monopoly of violence that is globally required.

This story gets deep, doesn't it? Watch for more analysis here at NaturalNews.com, where we still fight for liberty and justice in a world that's increasingly becoming enslaved.

Don Purcell
07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
There is way too much that doesn't add up. Check out MK ULTRA.

gray wolf
07-21-2012, 08:01 PM
There is way too much that doesn't add up. Check out MK ULTRA.
WOW ya think !! I can't believe so many people are buying into this story.
Only thinking with one side of there brain. Then again the media and Lib mentality only have one side.

Bullfrog
07-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Malcolm,

You speak much truth and give good advise. I have done the very things you have stated and people believe there are two of me with eyes behind my head.

Blacksmith
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Grey Wolf

As far as learning how there is a United States Army technical manual intended for the United States Special Forces describing manufacture of improvised weapons and explosives from readily available materials which is widely available. I won't mention the name here to make it more dificult for copycats (PM me if you want to know).

Twenty grand charged to credit cards is certainly possiable especially if you never intend to pay it back. I never looked for armor but probably Google could find it.

As far as the government being involved, after fast and furious I would believe just about anything. And some in the media have jumped in very quickly almost like they were expecting something.

bearcove
07-21-2012, 08:44 PM
body armor/vests are over the counter.

Pony up a credit card and here comes UPS

garym1a2
07-21-2012, 09:22 PM
A CCW holders odds of getting the shooter may not be good BUT the odds are a lot worse without a gun.

The creap could have done as much damage without the guns. It seems like he knew how to make bombs.

Thumbcocker
07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Just heard how one of the victims threw himself on top of his girlfriend and took the bullets for her. Heroes come in all ages.

WILCO
07-21-2012, 11:32 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2012/07/navy-air-force-buckley-batman-shooting-victim-sailor-confirmed-072112w/

By Jeff Schogol and Mark D. Faram - Staff writers
Posted : Saturday Jul 21, 2012 12:00:50 EDT

A sailor and an airman were among those killed in a theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., early Friday, family members and military officials confirmed Saturday.

The parents of Cryptologic Technician 3rd Class John Larimer, 27, released a statement that Navy officials notified them about midnight that their son was one of those killed. Navy officials also confirmed his death on Saturday. The family said Larimer’s brother Noel is working with the Navy to bring his body home to Crystal Lake, Ill.

Plate plinker
07-21-2012, 11:45 PM
i am happy to say ive never had to test the theory about being able to continue the fight after being hit in a vest I am told it hurts like a son of a gun. I have had the pleasure of the gas chamber in Boot camp..... yes you can still function but its not a pleasant experience. Watching the news this evening there are already several communist liberal democratic politicians calling for more gun laws. hold on to your seats boys the bodies are not even warm yet and the Libtards are calling for laws. I suggest we mark them and vote for their replacements.

Yeah, had a family member who sold 2nd chance vest, he said it feels like getting hit with a hammer, you won't die but you defiantly want to get away.

mjwcaster
07-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Another tragedy by some sick whack job that didn't even have the decency to die at the scene.
I just don't get it, if things are that bad just stick your mouth on the exhaust of the your car and leave the rest of us alone.
Hell he wasn't even getting back at the kids that picked on him in school or a girl friend who dumped him, just random people out having a little fun.

And people will blame everyone but the perp, it was the guns fault, the movie's fault, the movie theater didn't have enough security, the government did it, someone should have seen it coming,it has to be someones fault.

It couldn't just be that the world is full of evil and that bad people will do bad things.
And that one guy lost it and went on a rampage, wanting to kill, but not be killed himself.

I'm sure that there will be political fallout, gun rights will be attacked, the movie theater and movie company will be blamed.

All I really know is that it is just another reminder to be thankful we are alive and to hold our loved ones just a little closer.

I had to make the wife and daughter hug and kiss the other day after they were fighting before the wife left the house.

House rule- you don't leave without saying good bye and I love you, no matter how bad things are.
You never know when it will be the last time you see a loved one and I never want my last words to be fighting words.

I almost lost my dad a few years ago to a heart attack. We worked together and are too much alike, had been fighting and if it wasn't for the job I probably wouldn't have spoken to him for a while, but had to call and talk to him about the job.

Day after the job ends and I fly back home he had a major heart attack (when the docs and nurses keep telling you repeatedly how lucky he was to be alive, it was a bad one).

I'm glad that I got another chance to have him, but also that we had already talked and kind of gotten over our problems before, that I hadn't shut him out. That my last words to him weren't fighting words.

I guess I am just saying don't take anything for granted, and keep your loved ones close to your heart.
And make sure that they know that you love them, my family is not real good at that, but I'm trying to get better.

Matt

xacex
07-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Conspiracy theory aside I believe you can do what this person has done for half the cost that has been proposed. I assemble AR 15's, and have got them down to under $500. Aside from that we know he purchased his firearms,ammunition,armor, and possibly other items from the internet for his reign of terror. If a student has good credit which I am sure this person did, it could be quite possible to collect 4 credit card with a $5000 limit. There is your $20,000. But as I stated before it could have been done for much less if a person was intelligent, and studied what to do, and where to shop. This person on his own was intelligent enough to do just that. Get away from the idea that this was designed by the government for an agenda, and look at the trigger that caused the switch in the first place. Was this person harassed, sexually abused as a child, using drugs in the weeks before the incident, or maybe something else. It could have been the freedom of being able to purchase the weapons, and gear after the years of living in a state which forbids such things"California", and hyper-focusing on the task of collecting. All it takes is a person like that to get introduced to meth to loose empathy and go on a killing spree because someone pissed him off. You or I may not understand what transpired. However, I believe we will find out what triggered this in the coming months, and maybe prevent this from becoming a trend before our guns are taken away. I for one am glad he is alive for the time being. It is a rare opportunity to get into the mind of a killer before he is put to death.
I would love nothing more than to see this guy die in a public hanging. Please don't look at my post as if I interpreted him as human who deserves to live. This person deserves more than what he has coming to him.
Protect your right to carry, and be a man if it is your time. We had hero's in this tragedy that protected others even tho they weren't able to carry a weapon. They gave their lives to save another. I know that idea is hard to grasp, but it is a diminishing value in our society that needs to be revisited.
God, and government have nothing to do with this...
xacex

jcameron996
07-22-2012, 03:27 AM
This situation is different than most similar situations in so many ways. This guy just did not go on a rampage because someone made him angry. This was an attack that appears to have been planned right down to the last detail for quite some time before it was carried out. As for making excuses as to what triggered the attack. That is all they are, excuses. I don't care if the individual had been using drugs, had mental problems, was abused as a child or claimed to have been abducted by aliens, he is still responsible for his actions. Until people begin to take responsibility for their actions and we begin to hold people accountable for their actions nothing is going to change.

Mooseman
07-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Again it proves that the Cops cannot protect anyone if they arent right there.
This guy planned this and carried out a mass murder of Innocent civilians and yes, something stinks about the whole thing...especially the timing of it.
The Point Gun owners need to make is that Many Laws were broken by this guy before and during the whole ordeal and no amount of laws is going to stop a person that is intent on breaking them or causing mayhem in our society. While he was using 1 AR-15 ,1-870 Shotgun, and 1 Glock there were a million of them sitting in peoples homes not harming anyone.
The Theater had a "No Guns allowed" sign so that people could not defend themselves, so they were like fish in a barrel....even a couple of .380 rounds in the gas mask could have stopped this killer. We live in troubled times where crime is increasing and Cops carry several guns because of it, so we should too.
I want to know what drugs both legal and illegal this guy was taking and if he had an accomplice. There are more questions than answers right now , and the blankety- blank Media is NOT helping the situation.

WILCO
07-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Get away from the idea that this was designed by the government for an agenda......

You ever hear of "Fast and Furious"?

jcwit
07-22-2012, 09:49 AM
You ever hear of "Fast and Furious"?

Thats just grasping at straws, hoping for the worse!

WILCO
07-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Thats just grasping at straws, hoping for the worse!

To say that means you choose to ignore reality.

Longwood
07-22-2012, 10:16 AM
I still think he may have had some sort of 'Anti Gun' thing planned.
If I wanted to kill off a bunch of people in a theater and draw a lot of publicity, I would have not used guns.
A nice hot fire would be much more effective and he certainly is intelligent enough to know that.
Calmly sitting in his car waiting for the cops to show up?
Something mighty fishy there.

10x
07-22-2012, 10:26 AM
A shooting in a movie theatre??? It could have been far worse. The guy could have purchased 5 gallons of Gasoline, a windproof zippo lighter, got a half dozen coat hangers and several hocky sticks or broom handles, (to block the exits) then simply dumped the gasoline and tossed in the lit windproof lighter.
This is a description of the events that took place in 1972 in Montreal Canada at the Wagon Wheel night club where 37 people died and not a shot was fired.

WILCO
07-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Calmly sitting in his car waiting for the cops to show up? Something mighty fishy there.

MK - ULTRA ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46RI2twVao

jcwit
07-22-2012, 10:38 AM
To say that means you choose to ignore reality.

No! It just shows I live in the real world and have no need for a tinfoil hat.

Government and the Fast & Furious fiasco is one thing, and individual going on a shooting spree, even a planed on is entirely different.

Comparing the 2 as coming from the same people is just ridiculous.

And I'm far from being a fan of what we presently have.

WILCO
07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
No! It just shows I live in the real world and have no need for a tinfoil hat.

Government and the Fast & Furious fiasco is one thing, and individual going on a shooting spree, even a planed on is entirely different.

Comparing the 2 as coming from the same people is just ridiculous.

And I'm far from being a fan of what we presently have.

No tinfoil hat here Jcwit. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but seeing what's unraveling before our eyes, nothing is off the table. Don't be alarmed though at your blindness, as there were plenty of frenchmen who refused to see the Nazis marching down the Chams Elysees.

jcwit
07-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm not into conspiracy theories, but seeing what's unraveling before our eyes, nothing is off the table.

Hey guy, that statement right there is a total contradiction. Can't have it both ways.

No, I'm far from blind. No I'm not a Frenchman. No, I never saw the Nazis coming, too young.

But I saw a movie once watching George C. Scott playing Gen. Patton marching in Victory.

You'd actually think this idiot Holmes was controlled by our government or G. Soros? Sure, and Hitler is still in hiding in Argentina.

10x
07-22-2012, 01:45 PM
No tinfoil hat here Jcwit. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but seeing what's unraveling before our eyes, nothing is off the table. Don't be alarmed though at your blindness, as there were plenty of frenchmen who refused to see the Nazis marching down the Chams Elysees.

Funny thing the German news reels from that era showed the French treating the German troops as "liberators"- the Allied troops got the same welcome to Paris...
Parisian business owners saw potential profits from soldiers and welcomed the Mark, just like they welcomed the pound and the U.S. dollar in 1944...

Blacksmith
07-22-2012, 01:51 PM
A shooting in a movie theatre??? It could have been far worse. The guy could have purchased 5 gallons of Gasoline, a windproof zippo lighter, got a half dozen coat hangers and several hocky sticks or broom handles, (to block the exits) then simply dumped the gasoline and tossed in the lit windproof lighter.
This is a description of the events that took place in 1972 in Montreal Canada at the Wagon Wheel night club where 37 people died and not a shot was fired.

In the USA in 1990 it was less than one gallon of gasoline and two matches and it killed 87 people in the Happy Land Social Club which is the worst mass murder in the US not counting airplane crashes and 9/11. Once again no gun and no shots fired, he found the can and the gas cost him $1.00.

Here is the story:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/happyland/fuego_3.html

And here are the technical details:
http://fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire92/PDF/f92041.pdf

Sounds like gasoline should be banned before guns.

10x
07-22-2012, 02:11 PM
In the USA in 1990 it was less than one gallon of gasoline and two matches and it killed 87 people in the Happy Land Social Club which is the worst mass murder in the US not counting airplane crashes and 9/11. Once again no gun and no shots fired, he found the can and the gas cost him $1.00.

Here is the story:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/happyland/fuego_3.html

And here are the technical details:
http://fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire92/PDF/f92041.pdf

Sounds like gasoline should be banned before guns.

Gasoline is one of the most dangerous substances there is.
The fumes can cause intoxication if inhaled and if enough is ingested ( gasoline fumes can be inhaled or the liquid absorbed through the skin) there can be brain damage and other neural damage.

Gasoline fumes can be explosive
Gasoline is highly flammable
Gasoline has a low flashpoint.

It takes a pound of gun powder to move a pound of lead a mile. It takes well undera pound of gasoline to move several thousand pounds of metal several miles
That is the significant difference in stored potential energy...

gray wolf
07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Put up job, plain and simple. There's no way you gonna make me believe otherwise.
If some folks choose to think otherwise, well that's fine, no argument from me.
I defend your right to think any way you choose. I think to highly of my brother
casters to induce any drama.
However the police are looking for a second person of interest as I type this.
It's simply a matter of some thinking differently than myself.
I have posted comments, yes, but I try to stay with printed matter that looks and sounds feasible. I never close the door on my thinking.
Also I don't own a Tin foil hat.
To my brothers that see what's going on I applaud you.
Maintain your friendship with members here cause they will most likely always watch your back. We are made up of grit all of us, young and old.
So lets stay with facts, at least people can have a chance to digest things if they resemble what could be.
I myself choose to believe Set Up--false flag. Will it ever be found out ?
Probably not. I am very well aware how things work.
So if I have some facts that people can sink there brain into I will post it.

jcwit
07-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I saw Elvis the other day at 7/11, buying a extra lg. Slurrpy!

Recluse
07-22-2012, 05:29 PM
i am happy to say ive never had to test the theory about being able to continue the fight after being hit in a vest I am told it hurts like a son of a gun. I have had the pleasure of the gas chamber in Boot camp..... yes you can still function but its not a pleasant experience.

As I stated before, I can tell you about taking some rounds while wearing body armor and it isn't fun. I'll guarantee you that a double-tap from even a 9mm would've taken this guy down to his knees, and a double-tap from a .40S&W or .45ACP would've incapacitated him.

The double-tap 9mm I took felt a small car had hit me. The single shot from the .45ACP felt like I HAD been shot, and I honestly thought I was having a heart attack it hurt so bad, my breath was long in coming back and that I almost couldn't move my arms the pain was so bad.

Tear gas? Had that in boot camp and all it took was once. No fun. But the second time, we knew how to handle it (without the masks). Still wasn't fun, but doable.

There were reportedly a few active duty military types in there, so unless they've changed boot camp curriculums, those folks should've had some previous exposure/training with tear gas.

Grey Wolf

As far as learning how there is a United States Army technical manual intended for the United States Special Forces describing manufacture of improvised weapons and explosives from readily available materials which is widely available.

Twenty grand charged to credit cards is certainly possiable especially if you never intend to pay it back. I never looked for armor but probably Google could find it.

As far as the government being involved, after fast and furious I would believe just about anything. And some in the media have jumped in very quickly almost like they were expecting something.

Any one of those things, or even a couple of them put together would make this more believable as just a fringe lunatic.

But the incredible totality of EVERYTHING this guy did is what makes me think he had some very competent outside help. I don't know about "brainwashing," but I'm confident in going out on a limb and stating my opinion that there was someone behind the curtain.

WILCO
07-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Funny thing the German news reels from that era showed the French treating the German troops as "liberators...

Better to do that than recieve a boolit in the head without a blindfold. Remember the North Koreans crying and wailing in the street because their dear leader died? Those who didn't cry enough were rounded up.

WILCO
07-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I think to highly of my brother casters to induce any drama.

Same here. I've said all that I've wanted on this topic. [smilie=s:

mold maker
07-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Another tragedy by some sick whack job that didn't even have the decency to die at the scene.
I just don't get it, if things are that bad just stick your mouth on the exhaust of the your car and leave the rest of us alone.
Hell he wasn't even getting back at the kids that picked on him in school or a girl friend who dumped him, just random people out having a little fun.

And people will blame everyone but the perp, it was the guns fault, the movie's fault, the movie theater didn't have enough security, the government did it, someone should have seen it coming,it has to be someones fault.

It couldn't just be that the world is full of evil and that bad people will do bad things.
And that one guy lost it and went on a rampage, wanting to kill, but not be killed himself.

I'm sure that there will be political fallout, gun rights will be attacked, the movie theater and movie company will be blamed.

All I really know is that it is just another reminder to be thankful we are alive and to hold our loved ones just a little closer.

I had to make the wife and daughter hug and kiss the other day after they were fighting before the wife left the house.

House rule- you don't leave without saying good bye and I love you, no matter how bad things are.
You never know when it will be the last time you see a loved one and I never want my last words to be fighting words.

I almost lost my dad a few years ago to a heart attack. We worked together and are too much alike, had been fighting and if it wasn't for the job I probably wouldn't have spoken to him for a while, but had to call and talk to him about the job.

Day after the job ends and I fly back home he had a major heart attack (when the docs and nurses keep telling you repeatedly how lucky he was to be alive, it was a bad one).

I'm glad that I got another chance to have him, but also that we had already talked and kind of gotten over our problems before, that I hadn't shut him out. That my last words to him weren't fighting words.

I guess I am just saying don't take anything for granted, and keep your loved ones close to your heart.
And make sure that they know that you love them, my family is not real good at that, but I'm trying to get better.

Matt

You are exactly right. The only thing guaranteed in life, is that one day it will end. There may never be another chance to even say goodbye.

EDK
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
ANYONE who has followed the news...and that's about all that was on for a few days...has heard of MEDIA attempts to tie in the Tea Party in this...plenty of accusations; slow to admit right name...wrong person and apologize for their mistake/falsehood. Mr. Bloomberg got busy on television also. In this worst of times, the vultures tried to seize an opportunity. Who said something about "not wasting a crisis." AND the UN anti firearms treaty coming up in a few days...what a coincidence!

Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney both were "very presidential" in their responses.

My prayers for the survivors and families of both victims and survivors.

No experience with wearing a ballistic vest and getting shot while wearing one. My research compared a handgun round hitting your vest to a punch from an athletic small woman...wouldn't knock you down, but it would get your attention.

:redneck::cbpour::guntootsmiley:

MtGun44
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I read a report written by a cop who was shot on a soft ballistic vest with a 45 ACP.

His comment was roughly "A .45 ACP is stopped by the vest, so it doesn't kill you,
but it takes you out of the fight. It hurts so bad you just want to sit down and
cry."

Why didn't anyone even try to rush this guy? He was blind over about 300 of 360
possible degrees due to a gas mask and if jumped by one or two, it would be over
in a few seconds? As far as I can tell, nobody even tried to jump him while he was
reloading or changing weapons.

Bill

Recluse
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
possible degrees due to a gas mask and if jumped by one or two, it would be over
in a few seconds? As far as I can tell, nobody even tried to jump him while he was

Bill

Good question. He was outnumbered severely and when his magazine *****'d on him, I can't believe some people didn't tackle him and beat the living hell out of him.

GRid.1569
07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Saw him on TV at the court.... he's looks very "detatched" from the world around him...
a seriously F.U. guy.... If the D.A. gets him a death sentence it'll be doing him a favour I think....

Worst thing about it was he could carry on without intervention.... even with body armour a ton 'o lead (or a ton of people) heading his way could have stopped it sooner.... but there again you wouldn't hear much about how it was stopped / limited, but you'd still hear about the numbers killed or injuried...... even if it could of been worse....

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I was listening to an updated story about some of the victims that were visiting from Wisconsin, this was on Wisconsin public radio this morning , the next story was about the cop/former cop that is now on trial for his 3rd wife's murder and a suspect in his 4th wife's disappearance . and i thought to myself don't the antis get it , they can't discern if cops are not going to become a murderer , why on earth to they think they can tell if anyone else is will, but it is extremely unlikely that anyone who passes the tests for a CCL every does as it is extremely unusual that someone who becomes a cop ever does but we had a young deputy sheriff a few years back kill his ex girlfriend and several of her friends at a party when he became jealous.

the only answer is to arm as many as will accept the responsibility, run a criminal background on them, the standards for CCL/CHL/CCW/CCP

don't ask how 1 CCL holder might have changed things ask how 5, 10 , 20 30 CCL holders in that theater might have changed things. the theater has 300+ seats

as for the "well then CCLs will be shooting each other blah blah blah" in the case of a mass shooting the guy with the sub compact or snub nose is not the problem , CCL's will be pointing their gun in a non threatening direction as soon as the threat is down like low ready

the tear gas , pepper stray or what ever it was would have made it difficult to see , but with reports of seeing the shooter fumble a magazine on the reload some one must gave been able to see fairly well

I have never been shot in a vest but friend was when he worked for the police , he was only shot with a 32acp and he thought the vest had failed and he was going to die, with as bad as it hurt , he wasn't exactly small or weak either.

we can rehash this out , but simple fact is mass shootings don't happen where a statistically high percentage of the people present in a location are legally carrying , criminals look for easy targets and Criminal don't worry about how many laws they break.

we collectively as gun owners , CCL holders , instructors and 2A rights advocates, should be working to train and educate more good people so that there are fewer easy targets.

MtGun44
07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
If a .32 ACP feels that way, imagine what a 230 ball .45 ACP round feels like!

The cop said it took him out of the fight, could not continue, even though no real
permanent injury.

Bill

375RUGER
07-23-2012, 08:30 PM
I just wonder who in theater gets to wake up every morning for the rest of their life and say "I wish I hadn't left my gun in the car because of that stupid NO FIREARMS ALLOWED sign.

Old Ironsights
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I was listening to an updated story about some of the victims that were visiting from Wisconsin, this was on Wisconsin public radio this morning , the next story was about the cop/former cop that is now on trial for his 3rd wife's murder and a suspect in his 4th wife's disappearance . ...

Peterson needs to disappear... and re-appear in a bathtub.

Just like wives #3 & #4...

Bad Water Bill
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
All evidence points to Stacy (wife 4) was stuffed in a blue plastic 55 gal bbl and sent down the Illinois river never to be seen again.

He has enjoyed free room and board for to long now.

For some STRANGE reason he has several women standing in line to become Mrs 5-6-7. How desperate must some people be to marry him?

TXGunNut
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM

Bill

I wasn't there, I've never rushed an active shooter but it's a tactic that has merit.
I can tell you it takes considerable discipline to shoot a target running towards you. OTOH I'll very seldom partronize a business that won't allow me on the premises armed.
Conspiracy theory? Not likely, just another kook with an alternate version of reality. Plenty more out there just like him, trust me.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-24-2012, 09:32 AM
that he gave up to police with no fight , was interesting and different than most of these , makes me think that met with the first sign of opposition that he might have fled or given up

MBTcustom
07-24-2012, 10:34 AM
:goodpost:
My thoughts exactly.

BD
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
My thought is that this guy is a little different than the norm in that he didn't intend to die. Hence the smoke and protective gear. He stopped shooting to protect his life as soon as he was sure that he's killed enough people to guarantee his making the news for a week. He wanted to be around to enjoy his media reward. Higher intellect than the usual mass murderer, and definitely not insane in the criminal defense definition of "insanity".

Moonie
07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
It is my understanding that he had a tactical vest, NOT a bullet resistant vest, this has been misreported in the media.

R.M.
07-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I guess CBI checks are up something like 41% since the shootings.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21142159/gun-sales-up-since-tragedy

MtGun44
07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
After the Arizona Congresswoman was shot, I did some research on schizophrenia.
Apparently, some tiny fraction of males (very often bright, educated) in their late teens
or early twenties go off the rails. Schizphrenia has nothing to do with split personality,
a TV invention. Apparently, various levels of delusions, paranoia, etc, and in a small
subset, often associated with drug abuse, there is violent reaction to imaginart voices,
perceived oppression, etc. For females the onset is more often ~ten yrs later.

It is starting to look like this guy is one of them.

NOT trying to excuse him in any way. Even if mentally broken, he should be excuted.
He is of serious negative value to society if he EVER gets out. Not unlike Old Yeller,
regardless of past achievements he needs to be put down.

Bill