PDA

View Full Version : Thugs got a big surprise!!!!

oldred
07-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Old guy vs two young punks,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/18/florida-customer-shoots-suspects-during-internet-cafe-robbery/?test=latestnews

MtGun44
07-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Very well done by the guy defending himself and everyone else.

Too bad he didn't have better hits to save us all a lot of money and trouble in
the future.

Also - I can't believe they turned them loose on bail.

Bill

trooperdan
07-18-2012, 09:51 PM
They thought they came in big & bad but they left a LOT faster! 71 YO guy with a .380 trumps a non-op rusty .45, according to the perp!

x101airborne
07-18-2012, 10:04 PM
And take THAT!! You arnery dang kids!!!

Yall need a role model!

canyon-ghost
07-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Gun, baseball bat, dress all in black, uh oh... old guy, holy sheep! Lol.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Very well done by the guy defending himself and everyone else.

Too bad he didn't have better hits to save us all a lot of money and trouble in
the future.

Bill

ditto, practice practice practice

but a good show all the same

i wonder how many people who carry get to the range once a month or better to practice

Bad Water Bill
07-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Don't mess with us OLD folks. We do not play nice when you try to hurt us or loved ones. We just SHOOT You

garym1a2
07-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Too bad one of the thugs was already out on bail the next day.

Boz330
07-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Bill

I was thinking the same thing myself. No wonder the guy didn't want to speak to the media, just what he needs is his address and house on TV.

Bob

Bad Water Bill
07-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Years ago I was involved in a cop bust. 5 of the 6 in the car were wanted for crimes. 2 of them by the FBI for bank robbery in Carolina. The judge released ALL of them on recognisance bond.

Some judges should have to pass an IQ test every 6 months.

wcp4570
07-19-2012, 12:10 PM
The Fox News link was sent to me yesterday, watched it twice then showed it to the wife, we both got a kick out of the old guy saving the day. I say good for him, standing up to defend against such violence. Its not so funny when the events turns against you when you are not expecting it. I am a CHL holder and carry everywhere its legal in Texas. I hope I never have to defend myself and family, but will if I have to. You never know when that type of situation may occur. Who would have thought there would be an armed robbery in an Internet Cafe?

wcp

oldred
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Who would have thought there would be an armed robbery in an Internet Cafe?wcp

Apparently two idiots had the very mistaken idea an internet cafe would be a push over!! :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, your comment makes a very good point that a person never knows for sure where the need for self defense will arise!

MtGun44
07-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Like Bill Hickok is reported to have preferred, I try to sit with my back to a wall or corner
when in a fast food establishment for safety reasons.

Bill

geargnasher
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Years ago I was involved in a cop bust. 5 of the 6 in the car were wanted for crimes. 2 of them by the FBI for bank robbery in Carolina. The judge released ALL of them on recognisance bond.

I'm sure the judge got a good working over by a field agent or two for letting an FBI "wanted" out on a PR bond.

Gear

Plate plinker
07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Like Bill Hickok is reported to have preferred, I try to sit with my back to a wall or corner
when in a fast food establishment for safety reasons.

Bill

Always try sitting that way or with a view of the intreance/exits.

Bad Water Bill
07-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Happened and still does in CROOK OOPS Cook county Il[smilie=b:

I could write a book on the thug that tried to use a charge plate that belonged to a 75 year old lady he left bleeding on a sidewalk. And another judge found the scumbag GUILTY but placed him on probation for 6 mo from date of arrest. It was already 1 year later. If he was a good boy for those 6 mo the guilty decision would be expunged.

His rap sheet was pages long with arrested for. but never a conviction for the same reason.

Only in Chicago land.

oldred
07-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Happened and still does in CROOK OOPS Cook county Il[smilie=b:

I could write a book on the thug that tried to use a charge plate that belonged to a 75 year old lady he left bleeding on a sidewalk. And another judge found the scumbag GUILTY but placed him on probation for 6 mo from date of arrest. It was already 1 year later. If he was a good boy for those 6 mo the guilty decision would be expunged.

His rap sheet was pages long with arrested for. but never a conviction for the same reason.

Only in Chicago land.

The old guy in the internet cafe had the perfect solution to that problem if only his aim had of been a bit better!

trooperdan
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Or if he had a larger caliber.. media says he had a .380.

MtGun44
07-19-2012, 07:11 PM
One 'supficial' arm hit and two buttock/hip. I doubt that even a .45 ACP or .357 Mag
would have been fatal with those hits - if the descriptions are accurate.

Bill

Longwood
07-19-2012, 07:11 PM

A judge is nothing more than a lawyer that could not screw enough people to make a living.

Longwood
07-19-2012, 07:13 PM
One 'supficial' arm hit and two buttock/hip. I doubt that even a .45 ACP or .357 Mag
would have been fatal with those hits - if the descriptions are accurate.

Bill

Or a 20mm armor piercing.

hiram1
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
A judge is nothing more than a lawyer that could not screw enough people to make a living. As like a politician.

trooperdan
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Sadly, now these thugs have "street cred"! They've been wounded therefore must be tough guys! ****!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-21-2012, 12:27 AM
it makes me think 6 rounds in a gun is not enough, they go so fast

8 in the gun with a spare 7round mag sounds better , but 16 in the gun with a spare 15 round mag sounds better yet , shame it is so bulky

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Sadly, now these thugs have "street cred"! They've been wounded therefore must be tough guys! ****!

they may loose their cred when their buddy plays the video on his I-phone of them tripping over each other to run from an old man

oldred
07-21-2012, 04:56 AM
they may loose their cred when their buddy plays the video on his I-phone of them tripping over each other to run from an old man

Tripping all over each other trying to run from an old man and getting shot in the butt to boot, Yeah these guys are going to be real proud of themselves!!!!

smokeywolf
07-21-2012, 05:36 AM
I have zero criticism of the 71 year old hero. Of course if the suspects turn out to be anything other than Caucasian, somebody is going to be screaming racial profiling, they were being picked on, they're really good boys, they didn't really mean it, it was all just a misunderstanding, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I think the old gentleman did them a favor, he has discouraged them from trying this again. The next citizen they try to rob or murder might be a better shot.

He kept his head in a desperate situation. Responded with deliberate and calculated action. Placed himself in harms way for the sake of others. May have saved several lives.

I wonder if either one of the two current Presidential favorites would have the intestinal fortitude to do what he did.

smokeywolf