PDA

View Full Version : Do I Know That Guy?

Ricochet
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Monday my boy was working in a big fashion show in New York. At one point he thought a guy next to him backstage looked familiar. Said something about it to his roommate, who's from Brazil. He told him, "That's because he's Bill Clinton, you idiot!" Probably just as well he didn't recognize him. He's got a smart mouth sometimes.
:lol:

I found a few news stories about the show, one of which is here. (Didn't find any with a pic of my kid, though.)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20070501/en_fashion_fwd/americasnexttopdesigners

monadnock#5
05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm glad ole Bill gets out of the house to enjoy the anonymity he so richly deserves.

Ken

Bret4207
05-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Tell your son to take a good hot bath with lots of disinfectant. No telling what he might have caught!

Ricochet
05-04-2007, 09:11 AM
It gets worse. Mayor Bloomberg was in there, too.

Thin Man
05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Now, whatever in the world was Slick Willy doing in the backstage area of a fashion show? Hmmmmmmm....................................

gregg
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Monday my boy was working in a big fashion show in New York. At one point he thought a guy next to him backstage looked familiar. Said something about it to his roommate, who's from Brazil. He told him, "That's because he's Bill Clinton, you idiot!" Probably just as well he didn't recognize him. He's got a smart mouth sometimes.
:lol:

I found a few news stories about the show, one of which is here. (Didn't find any with a pic of my kid, though.)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20070501/en_fashion_fwd/americasnexttopdesigners

I had a big belly laugh :-) Got two boys myself. 25 and 26 this summer 26 and 27.
Just a little out of the box like there dad.

Ricochet
05-05-2007, 03:05 PM
My boy's my shooting and handloading buddy, also into milsurps but more interested in the newfangled fast firing stuff than I am, so he's in foreign territory.

As for what Bill was doing there, the news reports said he was there to introduce Oscar de la Renta.

According to my boy, who was one of 'em, the models of both sexes all do a lot of running around nekkid backstage between costume changes, and there was a lot of liquor about the place. So why should we be surprised to see Bill turn up?
:kidding:

Ricochet
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Just heard a few minutes ago he's going to Paris soon. A designer of jeans and jewelry picked him, another male and a female model for a shoot. The other two aren't from his agency. He gets flown over there, travel and all expenses paid, and paid more than enough to make it worthwhile for two days' work.
:D

I still think they need more mature, full-figured, slick-headed guys in that field. :mrgreen:

targetshootr
05-07-2007, 07:04 PM
If I had to hang around someone to pick up leftovers, I think Bubba Elvis would be the man. Even if it meant going to fashion shows.

:Fire:

HORNET
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey, Ricochet..
Maybe you can talk somebody into a package deal for you and your boy....Kind of a BEFORE and AFTER:roll: [smilie=1:

Ricochet
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
LOL! The kid does look a lot like I did at his age, which must scare the hell out of him! :mrgreen:

BruceB
05-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I was driving my '74 Jimmy (fat tires, winch, rollbar etc) along a street on the edge of Yellowknife, in the Northwest Territories one day in the late '70s. I met a lone pedestrian walking along the right shoulder toward me, and about the time he appeared in the rearview mirror, I said "JeeZUSSSS....that was Pierre Trudeau!!!!!!" It was, too, the damned commie Prime Minister was briefly out of power. No guards or companions, just a fat simpering TEMPTATION. Man alive, I coulda saved Canada a whole LOT of grief and pain with just a twitch of the wheel..."I dunno Officer, the danged horsefly made me jump....."

I almost drove around the block to try for another chance!

onceabull
05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
During the Trudeau years, I was taking on adult refreshments in Jasper when some local color introduced me to their version of the 3 airplane passengers(Pierre T, a Padre & a hippie)with just two parachutes available story..I suspect it was good for a round of beverages from at least every other yank that showed up, eh.? Onceabull

Scrounger
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
During the Trudeau years, I was taking on adult refreshments in Jasper when some local color introduced me to their version of the 3 airplane passengers(Pierre T, a Padre & a hippie)with just two parachutes available story..I suspect it was good for a round of beverages from at least every other yank that showed up, eh.? Onceabull

When I heard it, the flyers were Jesse Jackson, the Pope, and Sister Theresa.

BruceB
05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
The latest version I'd heard had Hillary, GW Bush, Jessie Jackson, the Pope and a twelve year old girl.

Pilot comes out of the cockpit, says the plane is going to crash, and there are only four chutes for the five of them. Then he jumps.

Jessie says, "Mah peeples NEED me!", takes a chute and jumps. The Pope says, "I still have too much work to do on Earth!" and he chutes out the door. Hillary says, "I am the Smartest Woman in the World, and my country needs me desperately." Out she goes. George Bush turns to the girl, and says,"I've had a long full life, and yours lies before you. Take the last chute and go."

The girl smiles and says, "There are two chutes for us, Mr President...the World's Smartest Woman took my bookbag."

Lee
05-08-2007, 01:05 AM
"Worlds Smrtest Woman Took My Bookbag"

Oh! I LOVE it......gonna rip this one off, shamelessly of course!!.......Lee;-)