PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ranch Dog

randy merta
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Big double thanks for the boolits you sent to me. I appreciate your generosity. The good news is the boolits shot great and chambered so the mold I have is going to be O.K. however they will need to be sized after casting. Sooo I will take one of those sizers you are working up when they are ready. I will post the target later today and send it to you for the Postal Match. Four shots made nearly one hole with a flyer just outside the group. The first shot was the flyer. I was using 42.0 grns of IMR4895,wlr and the cast bullets you sent me. The group was fired from my Win 1886 45-70.
Thanks again.
Randy
Chandler,Ind

PPpastordon
05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
randy;
Chandler?
Isn't that where Brian Cosby does gun smithing?
And your name is kind of familiar; have we met?
I guess I sure am curious!

Rev. Don "PPpastordon" Wilson

Ranch Dog
05-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Big double thanks for the boolits you sent to me. I appreciate your generosity. The good news is the boolits shot great and chambered so the mold I have is going to be O.K. however they will need to be sized after casting. Sooo I will take one of those sizers you are working up when they are ready. I will post the target later today and send it to you for the Postal Match. Four shots made nearly one hole with a flyer just outside the group. The first shot was the flyer. I was using 42.0 grns of IMR4895,wlr and the cast bullets you sent me. The group was fired from my Win 1886 45-70.
Thanks again.
Randy
Chandler,Ind

That's really good to hear Randy. I like seeing shooters pleased with the boolits and molds! Thanks!

I was continuing my Pressure Trace work for the TLC460-350-RF and Benchmark. One of my 5-shot increments with that powder shot me a real pretty postal match target. A little clover leaf but there is actually five holes in it. This was at 100-yards for the Bench - Scope match with my Marlin 1895G that I'm using for the strain gage stuff.

randy merta
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
pastordon Yes BC has his shop in Chandler. I stop there all the time. I know him real well. I am a Deputy Sheriff for 17 years most of that in Investigations. I had a gun blowup in 2004 that got alot of coverage on the news and the internet. My left eye was severly injured but still can see today with help of eye glasses and nine surgeries. I shoot alot of sporting clays, big time predator hunter, bowfishing and trapper. Maybe that will help you with who I am. I also went to Southeast Missouri State Univ.I duck hunt just about everyday of the season from Canada to Missouri.
Ranch Dog I will have some targets done for you in the next week or so. Let me know on the sizer. Thats just what I need. Thanks again and hopefully I can be of service to you sometime.
Randy

Ranch Dog
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Randy,

I will give you a shout once the sizers hit here. I think my Ranch Dog order caused Lee to skip a gear as it is taking a long time! Soon to be beyond the 120 days!

randy merta
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks!