PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie and Clyde's guns going to auction

44deerslayer
07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Bonnie and Clyde's guns are going to auction in new Hampshire sept 30 they said they could bring a$ 100 000 to 200 000 each. boy Would like to have a piece of that history.

Gator 45/70
07-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah i was reading that...I'm thinking about riding up to the place where they were killed...

Moonie
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking Clydes BAR's will not be included...

paul h
07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
So long as the BAR's were registered pre-1986, no reason they can't be transferred to anyone who lives in a class III friendly state. The $200 tax really isn't a big deal considering how much transferable guns go for these days.

Gisli
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
So who is selling? I would have thought that the police had picked up their weapons, after they were killed. How do such things get to the open market.

runfiverun
07-13-2012, 04:41 PM
well,,,, budgets get cut,and you don't write so many speeding tickets as in the past.
plus there is an election coming up and those cost money.

shredder
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah but really, How DID those guns get on the market? They were certainly in the posession of the officers who took b+c down. I wonder what really happened after that?

Don Purcell
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Aren't the BAR's in the Texas Ranger Museum donated by Frank Hamer or his family? Some of Clyde's family members at one time contacted Hamer about returning the BARs to them - FAT CHANCE of THAT! Think they smelled money to be made if they could.

Joe504
07-13-2012, 10:11 PM
The articles I read did not mention the BAR's, only the pistols.

Gisli
07-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Do these weapons have a provenant, that is, can it be proven that they were owned and used by by Clyde and Bonnie Parker.

I remember an Ebay sale of a morse key, that was supposedly used by Teddy Roosevelt to send a message with. It had a huge mininum price, but of course no one would buy it because it could not be proven that TR had used „this“ key.

I read somewhere that these guns were expected to go for $300000.

Thumbcocker
07-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I do not understand the public fascination with these two psychopaths. 13 LEO's iirc died at their hands.

3006guns
07-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I do not understand the public fascination with these two psychopaths. 13 LEO's iirc died at their hands.

Thank you Thumbcocker.........you saved me some typing.

When that movie came out I was young enough and stupid enough to mention it to my uncle.......a lifetime LEO. "Why" he asked "would anybody be enamoured of two lunatic, murdering kids? They weren't heros. They were scum, pure and simple."

He had a way of cutting through the baloney, right to the quick......

Thumbcocker
07-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't even get me started on the James - Younger gang.

gwpercle
07-15-2012, 06:15 PM
If you get a chance to go to the ambush site , except for the road being asphalt instead of gravel and the stone marker , it probably looks just like it did in 1934 .

I went there and was surprised that there are no buildings or houses around,
after all these years it's still in the middle of nowhere.

Interesting trip if you like history. the day I went the ambush musem in Gibsland was closed so I'm going to have to go back one day.

gary

frankenfab
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you Thumbcocker.........you saved me some typing.

When that movie came out I was young enough and stupid enough to mention it to my uncle.......a lifetime LEO. "Why" he asked "would anybody be enamoured of two lunatic, murdering kids? They weren't heros. They were scum, pure and simple."

He had a way of cutting through the baloney, right to the quick......

I'm not fascinated or enamoured by B&C. I just see the whole ordeal as a celebration of good over evil in history. Bonnie and Clyde got what they deserved. It's a shame that so many people had to die first.