PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing story

tommag
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Ive posted this tale on lther forums, but I thought you folks might like it.
Back in the 70's, Dennis and I were snow-machining in the bear-paws. When we came up to the reservoir, we decided to fish. I appropriated an un-used ice-shack that had a stove in it, bummed the use of an auger, and proceeded to get set-up to fish.
Dennis drug back a tree for fuel. No tinder, but we did have ether!
Now I'm not a genius, but I did know that ether evaporates. No problem, just use lots of it!
I sprayed a bunch of it into the stove, and struck the match. It was an odd sort of thing, the glowing orb from the match sort of grew bigger and bigger, slow-motion like.
Everybody else said they heard a BOOM! I think they were halucinating, as I heard no BOOM, just sort of a whooop and then lots of ringing. I should know what it sounded like, as I was lots closer to the activity then they were!.
To make a long story longer, the sides and walls of the fish shack came off the frame and I looked like Wiley Coyote, still holding a blown-out match and a can of Acme blasting gas.
The ringing continues to this day!

Scrounger
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Here's a picture for your story:

tommag
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Here's a picture for your story:

Where in the heck did you find my picture?

waksupi
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll bet the ice shack owner appreciated that. A friend caught a woman who had sneaked into his son's shack, and was using it for a toilet. Real nice. Ice shacks are private property. Did you pay for the damage?

kodiak1
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
tommag THANK YOU that just put the perfect ending to my day! Now if you will excuse me I have to go put on dry underwear I think I just peed myself laughing.

THAT IS JUST TO FUNNY!!

Thanks for Sharing that.
Ken.

tommag
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll bet the ice shack owner appreciated that. A friend caught a woman who had sneaked into his son's shack, and was using it for a toilet. Real nice. Ice shacks are private property. Did you pay for the damage?

No, Rick, I just put it back together. Some parts of the story may have been embelished.

waksupi
05-01-2007, 10:24 PM
No, Rick, I just put it back together. Some parts of the story may have been embelished.

OK, I forgot you were a fisherman, AND a hunter. Should have did the square root thingy, on the story!

;o)

tommag
05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I try to stay pretty close to the truth, but once in a while I stray a bit.
I once caught a stutgeon that was so big we couldn't find a scale to weigh it on. The picture, howver, weighed 7lbs 14 oz.

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
tommag; I too had a "wylie moment" back in the 70's (when I was still indestructable). Uncle had made 3 brushpiles, cousin and I decided we'd burn them, I sloshed some gas on them, as I finished with the third, cuz lit the first, kinda made a "whoomp-bump" and there I stood with a two gallon gas can knee deep in fire!!! Cuz said he did not know a man could throw a gas can that high and far and still run that fast. It was a LOT funnier to him!!!