PDA

View Full Version : 215 Grain 454 Casull

jim8115
07-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I bought some 215 Grain hard cast at the LGS to load in 454 Casull. I cant find any load data in any of my manuals for this bullet. Anyone have a starting point?
Also, these things dont have a crimp groove, just two lube grooves. Where would you seat them? at the front lube groove, or at the shoulder?
They measure .625 long

Thanks,
Jim

GLynn41
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Look at Hogdons sight at load data may have some? and Beartooth bullets has a load data section and so does the reloading nest and then try Accurate Arms- as for the bullet- it sounds? like you have an auto boolit ? anyway you might try not belling and expanding the case and champher the case mouth and then seat and crimp in the first lube groove - if u use full power loads you need lots of grip --you did not say though

runfiverun
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
i would load them to the oal of my 45 acp seein as how thats what the boolit was designed for.
it's either the lee or the lyman.
you won't have enough neck tension to get any velocity from them and a crimp will most likely cause other issues.
if you are gonna try them anyway's i'd go with a fast powder and a 45 colt load,then lightly taper crimp them in your 45 acp die.

jim8115
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Yep. 45 ACP.......didnt realize it... I should have instantly known... I will just order the right bullets.
Probably from beartooth, unless anyone else has a reccomendation. Id like something that I can push pretty hard

JIM

runfiverun
07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
talk to jerry at carolina cast bullets i think he has a web sight.
he is a memeber here and is on the ball as far as what is what.
you can find him in the members list and p.m. him.
i believe he does small sample packs.