PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

obssd1958
04-30-2007, 10:25 PM
We know exactly where one cow with Mad Cow Disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America, but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and Terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.
:brokenima

floodgate
05-01-2007, 01:10 AM
obssd1958:

"We know exactly where one cow with Mad Cow Disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America."

No,NO, NOO!! Look up "National Animal Identification System" a wonderful scheme set up last year by the Dep't. of Agriculture whereby EVERY animal in the country, on farms, in homes (and maybe even in brdcages and fishbowls) was to be implanted with an ID chip (at only a "modest fee"), and reports were to be filed any time they were transported from one registered property to another, so BSE, scrapie, avian flu and other diseases coud be instantly tracked down. Sounded good, until we looked at the fees, the property registrations, the fines for non-compliance, and - finally - the loophole that big growers (where the BSE cases originated) were exempt from individual tagging and could register by herd or flock. You shoulda' heard the horse people, when they disovered each trail ride would involve dozens of reports (all within 48 hours, and for a "modest" filing fee) identifying each of the property parcels crossed on a ride. The whole scheme blew up in their faces and has been abandoned in favor of "voluntary" registration and reporting - and you know how far THAT will get. NO, NOT the Dep't. of Agriculture!

Hey, that was a rant, wasn't it? Sorry 'bout that

floodgate

Bret4207
05-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Yeah, AIS was REAL popular among farmers. NOT!!!!

There'd be little problem finding the illegals if we wanted to. A few "rights" might get squashed on a bit, but the majority woould be found. Of course that'd be a blow to the Mexican economy, the US economy and war with Me-Hi-Co might result. But hey, they are the real owners of most of the western USA anyways, right?

SharpsShooter
05-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Just imagine if you deported 11 million illegals in one fell swoop. In theory if even half of them were drivers and gas purchasers, the sudden drop of demand would stimulate a price drop at the pump. The other benefit is they stop mooching of the Gubment. Your tax dollars hard at work supporting them in fine style.

SS

Shepherd2
05-01-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't think the U.S. Dept of Agriculture is the agency you want for this job. My experience with USDA is that they are a ponderous agonizingly slow entity obsessed with covering their collective butts. We've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and there are some good helpful people employed there as a whole it's a pretty sad situation.

Four Fingers of Death
05-01-2007, 08:34 AM
To save money in our state, The Depts of agriculture, forestry and fisheries have been combined. Now referred to as fish and chips.

Scrounger
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Just imagine if you deported 11 million illegals in one fell swoop. In theory if even half of them were drivers and gas purchasers, the sudden drop of demand would stimulate a price drop at the pump. The other benefit is they stop mooching of the Gubment. Your tax dollars hard at work supporting them in fine style.

SS

Good thinking, Sharpshooter, but all the companies owned by the rich guys and politicians (OF BOTH PARTIES) would have to go out of business for lack of employees. Denny's would shut down as would most of the restaurants, car washes, lawn services, etc. Not knocking your proposal, just looking deeper. Fine with me, let's get the welfare parasites and deadbeats working on those jobs. Also have convicts working on the roads, reference Cool Hand Luke.

Boz330
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't think the U.S. Dept of Agriculture is the agency you want for this job. My experience with USDA is that they are a ponderous agonizingly slow entity obsessed with covering their collective butts. We've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and there are some good helpful people employed there as a whole it's a pretty sad situation.

Not any different than any other Gov. Agency. I just love dealing with the FAA. In many cases those folks are so worried about their retirements it is just easier to say no than try to work with you. That or bury you in paperwork so deep you'll never see the light of day.:brokenima

Rant over!!

Bob

dakotashooter2
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration.

Considering that a very large segment of the illegals work in AG related fields It's as good an idea as any.

Phil
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
DonT EVEN get me started on the FAA!

Cheers,

Phil