PDA

View Full Version : Used 94's

TXGunNut
07-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Been noticing more than a few decent 94's in the rack @ the Ft Worth Cabelas, all post-64 but decent guns, some almost excellent. Some interesting Marlins as well, one nice 35 Rem. Dunno if they bought a collection or if this is part of a trend. Saw a couple of their commemorative 94's in 38-55 for about $1200 (Clearance) as well. Surprised I got out of there without doing paperwork.

Rick R
07-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I was at the Cabela's in Hamburg PA last week and it was the same, lots of fairly nice lever guns on the used rack. They had four or five of the Marlin 1895 GBL rifles that looked new. Several Winchester M94 rifles in fair to good outside shape, didn't have a flashlight for a good muzzle check.

Gander Mountain in Harrisburg also had a couple Winchester M94 in .30-30 that looked pretty good. And two 1895 rifles in .30-06 that were in well used shape along with a couple of 92's in I believe .44-40. The gun sales guy there said that they had bought a bunch of rifles at an estate auction.

Maybe folks are thinning the herd in these lean times.

pietro
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Or, maybe the old levergun generation is dying off, and their heirs are dumping their "old junk" so they can buy a new I-Pad/whatever.

TXGunNut
07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Cabelas has apparently bought a few collections lately. Guys in the Gun Library hint about it and there's a code on the back of the tag that possibly indicates origin. My latest acquisitions are all from large collections.

bob208
07-10-2012, 10:29 PM
all the kids think they have to have a black rifle or it will not shoot. so the 94's and others are setting on the racks.

TXGunNut
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Good for us, I guess. I have my black rifle for social equipment (can't let that patrol rifle training go to waste!) but when a nice clean levergun shows up it generally leads to paperwork. Only problem was there were 3-4 that filled that bill and I'm wondering what they have in the back room for next week. Gonna have to do some relationship building with the Gun Library guys.