PDA

View Full Version : Made some buys this weekend

Ed Barrett
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
There was an auction in Maryville this weekend that turned out to be very expensive for me. Some of the prices were too low and I had to give some guns a new home. The auction was for a gentleman who had a gun shop for 30 years, he was selling off his private collection. he had a couple of hundred guns, they were all in excellent shape, most new in the box.
I saw the first K31 with a perfect stock. I bought;
A CZ in 223 new with a pretty patterned stock
A new Ruger 77 in 6.5 swede
A CZ 22 RF Mag Semi auto Rifle new, which isn't even sold in this country
A little Argentine 1891 carbine all matching with crest
A K31
A 1891 argentine barreled action

I'll post the pics of some of them. I'll let you know how they shoot.

dubber123
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Nice stock on the CZ .223, good find.

NVcurmudgeon
04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I always thought those European hogback stocks were ugly until I shot Deputy Al's CZ 9.3. Now I find them beautiful, all they are good for is shooting better than anything else from field positions! I am lusting after a CZ Hornet which would have the "Luxe" stock. Nice piece of wood on yours, too.

Bigjohn
04-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn it! Talk about the right place at the right time.

Well, I am certain that the 'Waifs' you bought home will have a very comfortable home.

John.

RayinNH
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
It's nice to see people in this world, like you Ed, willing to take in these orphans :-D...Ray

Buckshot
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
It's nice to see people in this world, like you Ed, willing to take in these orphans :-D...Ray

Takes a man of integrity and stern constitution to have to have those under his roof. Dang, those are nice. I just LOVE those Argentines, btw.

...............Buckshot

Crash_Corrigan
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I bought a new .223 as above a few months ago. I put on a scope but it ruins the lines of the weapon and the balance. I am leaning towards a Lyman receiver sight and will use the original front sight. This rifle is a pretty good shooter for the first 3 shots. After that the skinny barrel heats up and the POI wanders around. I did not buy it for a target gun but to thin out varmints and to be carried afield. If I keep the priority correct the rifle will work out. If I take it to a ground hog field I do not think it can keep up a sustained rate of fire with accuracy. But for walking around in the desert and calling a coyote it should do a good job.
Dan[smilie=1:

felix
05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Crash, for a weapon I'd think you'd need a full auto for those attacking animals. ... felix

9.3X62AL
07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Like a lot of us who shoot a number of different rifles, we can adapt to varying stock configurations pretty easily. With the factory irons, the CZ that NV Curmudgeon spoke of REALLY fits me well too. NV and I differ greatly in stature, so the fact that such a stock fits us both well speaks to its design utility. I like those hogback critters.

With the scope on board in CZ ring mounts--which are pretty tall--not quite so good. A lot of people with CZ rifles speak of using Warne mounts on their rifles--I know zero about them, but the Warnes are supposedly shorter in height.

Bret4207
07-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Drool, sniffle, sob! I hate you guys that run onto these finds. Good on you. Nice looking '91!