PDA

View Full Version : computer help?

Olevern
07-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Can anybody share where my browser settings should be? I have both security and privacy set at medium but I continue to have problems with this site requiring multiple signing in, for instance, if I sign in then hit the new topic or post response button the site gives me a "you must sign in" screen. Same thing if I want to check pm's, I can be signed in but I have to sign in again before the site will let me look at my pm's.

Gotta be something with my settings I would think, but I have no idea what.

Also my computer no longer saves passwords for sites I regularly visit. Use to be I could type my screen name, highlight it and hit enter and the encoded (all dots) password would appear in the appropriate box.

Anybody know what I have done to cause this?

375RUGER
07-09-2012, 08:54 AM
what browser are you using?
Have you installed updates lately?
I ask because Microsoft deliberately infects your computer if you don't install the updates for 90 days or so. In additon, sometimes the updates from microsoft also make things flakey. I'm at a point right now with windows 7 that if I install the updates there is one in particular, I haven't pinpointed which one it is, that causes me to loose all functionality with explorer, excel, and outlook.
What is your OS? XP? 7?

You might have a virus too.
What is your antivirus software?

Have you tried a different browser? Try firefox and see if the same thing. Don't have more than one browser open at time.

dsbock
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Olevern,

Much of this depends on what browser you are using.

If you are using Firefox, use custom settings for History.

Always use private browsing mode: No
Remember my browsing and download history: Yes
Remember search and form history: Yes
Accept cookies from sites: Yes
Accept third party cookies: No
Keep until: They expire
Clear history when Firefox closes: No

I don't use Internet Explorer, so I would have to look into the settings needed.

I hope this helps.

David

Olevern
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I am using IE with windows 7 and Norton antivirus which is updated automatically and just ran a full scan yesterday.