PDA

View Full Version : Virus Check Here

smokemjoe
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
To see if you computor is safe from Mondays virus check on this, if the back ground is green your safe, if red , you got it.
www.dns-ok.us/

Jailer
07-07-2012, 10:40 AM
If you think I'm clicking on a government link to "check" my computer you're out of your mind.

I'll take care of my own computer thank you very much, no government help needed here.

ShooterAZ
07-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Mine is green.

Geraldo
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
If you think I'm clicking on a government link to "check" my computer you're out of your mind.

I'll take care of my own computer thank you very much, no government help needed here.

Yeah, they never get data from search engines, crawl forums, of read emails. If you're on the net, they're looking at you.

For those who are worried, you can also go to cnet.com and download Norton Power Eraser. I checked our machines manually and ran NPE and we're good to go, but NPE did find and fix a registry problem on my wife's laptop.

Ben
07-07-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm green to go !

Thanks for the link !

Ben

theperfessor
07-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Jailer, I understand how you feel. If you go to the site there are instructions on how to MANUALLY check your computer. That's what I did and I'm clean.

NSP64
07-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Im clean too.[smilie=l:

Good thing it checks my computer, not my mind.
The results might be different

captaint
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Well, thank you, Joe. I'm good to go. Mike

41 mag fan
07-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I put on aluminum foil hat, gloves and socks, and checked the comp thru the website given.

The gov't must have a new device out that penetrates aluminum foil, cause my laptop came up green.

ElDorado
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks, Joe.

Jailer
07-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Jailer, I understand how you feel. If you go to the site there are instructions on how to MANUALLY check your computer. That's what I did and I'm clean.

I actually do virus/spyware removal as a small time side hussle.

And yes my tin foil hat fits quite nicely. [smilie=s:

Lee
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I had a 'puter a few months ago that I was building, about when the last scare came out, sumtin about the govt. "helping" us to discern if we might be infected with sumtin'.
So I carefully took notes of all the used bytes on the HD, then went and got "greened" also. Then went back and looked at the HD again.
I had about 2-3k more space used on the HD than before I went there. Cookie? Perhaps.

Wipe! Wipe! Wipe! Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! in the merry old land of Oz.

Reloaded trhe OS and came back with my original HD bytes used.

What was it? Don't know, but as mentioned above, unless there is a "manual" non-Internet way to check these things.... well you know :shock:

45FP
07-07-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't think asking the gov. ( especially the current one) to rummage through your computer is a wise thing to do.
Guess I have a problem trusting people who are so willing to label me as a potential threat because I believe our God given rights as protected by the U.S. constitution.