PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a new member

Jim
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure to introduce "sammis", a new member and good friend of mine.

He's just about to get into handloading and casting and, of course, I told him about Cast Boolits. I just found a PM from him that he has signed up and is officially part of our band of rogues.

Somebody get him a chair and a cold one!

Trey45
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Hide your checkbook and stay out of the swapping and selling section, or you'll be sorry!
Welcome to the addiction, any friend of Jims has my sincerest condolences.
:)[smilie=l::kidding:

Jim
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM
There's that screen door again.

[smilie=1:

sammis
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi All

Nice to be here. I came home early from work (don't tell my boss) and have been reading since then.

y'all have a world of info here.

As Jim said, I've been reloading for about 1 year and have been thinking about casting for the last few months. I haven't bought anything yet and based on what i've read so far, there are plenty of choices out there.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Dan

Hamish
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Boy, did you mess up! Depending on your personal ocd level, you may wish to contemplate your eventual fate of ending up living in an old van down by the river, mumbling about lubrosity and ballistic coefficients! Other than that, you'll have a great time!! Welcome!!

Bullfrog
07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Hello Sammis and welcome,

Always good to hear of someone else partaking in the chaos known as reloading.

Olevern
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Greetings and welcome. Watch out for that Jim, though, he might try to sell you slightly used gas checks (used only once by a retired school teacher) :-)

seriously, you have landed in the midst of a great bunch of guys (and gals). Good to have you on board.

LatheRunner
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Hello. Yea, you better watch out for Jim. He's from Floyd. Welcome. Jump right in. A whole bunch of good people here.

shooterg
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
You're in trouble already - and if you're married, you're in more trouble !
"How much did THAT cost?" "Are you ever coming into the house?" "Where are you gonna put it?"

mooman76
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Big welcome.

Trapdoor
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome aboard sammis!

07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Howdy and welcome, Sammis.

Much goes on and much to read, here, and I'm sure Jim will always give you the correct answer to any casting and/or reloading question that you may have.

Enjoy!

Bad Water Bill
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
JIM

I thought you said he was a friend of yours. Once he learns what you have addicted him to he nor his wife prolly will never ever speak to you again. :kidding::bigsmyl2:

Sammis.

Welcome to our happy home.

Tons of stuff to learn and the best teachers in the world.

And JIM will tell you never ever take me seriously.

canyon-ghost
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome, Sammis, any friend of Jim's is a friend of mine. Just politely walk away when he decides to build blanks! You'll love it here. I reloaded for about a year before the guys talked me into pouring lead. That's been over 10 years ago. Soon, you'll be dreaming Rugers in strange calibers!

Good Luck,
Ron

firefly1957
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the group sammis . I just joined to answer a guys question on the .351 WSL now I have nearly 4000 posts and still check in daily. I have gotten much good information here at cast boolits.

Blacksmith
07-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Welcome to the site. There are thousands of years of collected wisdom on this forum on almost any subject in the human experiance and we are willing to share if you ask. So anything Jim tells you you can find the right answer here.

07-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Welcome sammis, there is not a better group. Jim pretty much got me started, you can't go wrong.

sammis
07-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Wow, what a welcome ;)

i can see there's quite a group of people here.

to give a few more details:

1. there is no SWMBO, so no problems there ;)

2. i'm single, with a good job so money is no problem,... except for the parents... and the house... and the motorcycle... and the guns... and the reloading... and now the casting.... OK, so maybe i do have a money problem already :-D

i'm not shy about asking questions so y'all be ready, i'm making my list and checking it twice.

and speaking of work, time to get rolling! cy'all around :)

41 mag fan
07-06-2012, 09:04 AM
If Jim asks you a favor to go and check out the courthouse windows, just do what he asks, without any questions asked.

Me and jim will take care of the rest!!!!

And welcome aboard.

Jim
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
If Jim asks you a favor to go and check out the courthouse windows, just do what he asks, without any questions asked.

Me and jim will take care of the rest!!!!

And welcome aboard.

Oh, Dear God, what have I done?:shock: :holysheep :groner:

WILCO
07-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Big welcome.

Ditto for me! :Fire:

41 mag fan
07-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Oh, Dear God, what have I done?:shock: :holysheep :groner:

You've created a monster!!!! :bigsmyl2: