PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Chris from Lathesmiths?

schraubermani
07-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Hello Guys,

whats up with Chris from Lathesmiths?
I sent him an order for some sizer dies 2 weeks ago.
he answerde the mail, i changed the order and then he didn't reply my mails any more.
I asked him 2 or 3 times for the total and paypal.
No answer till today!
I apprechiate his work very much, but am wondring about his behaviour.
Is he on vacation? shop closed?

Who else manufactures sizers for the star?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Manuel

zomby woof
07-04-2012, 09:05 AM
I have placed two separate orders with Chris. He does excellent work. I would just chill and wait for your dies, you won't be disappointed.

waksupi
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Most items you order from vendors here are custom items. They are not on a shelf, ready to ship. If you are not familiar with dealing with individual craftsmen you may wish to stay with commercial producers, and what they choose to make for you.

MtGun44
07-04-2012, 10:57 AM
People running one man shops also have real lives. The car breaks down and HAS TO
be fixed right now, your Mom 4 states away goes into the hospital, your uncle Jed dies in
California or you take a cruise in the Carribean. The surface finish and accuracy of his
work is absolutely top notch, but he makes each one individually to order. You will see
that each boolit is highly polished where it is sized by his dies, looks like a mirror.
Relax.

Bill

Down South
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I order from Chris regularly. I've bought a good many dies, top punches and other things. His work is first class.
As others have said, Chris has a real life and family. He may be tied up with other matters but I'm sure he will take care of your order.

schraubermani
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks, he mailed me today.
I know, i am German.................:-))

jrayborn
07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow! I almost stopped breathing. Chris doesn't know me but I seriously appreciate his work and have many of his dies. I plan to get a few more soon and wouldn't know what to do if he stopped producing. Glad to see things are normal still. Great work and great product!