PDA

View Full Version : Andy Griffith died today....

41 mag fan
07-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Really sad when I read where Andy Griffith has died today.
Always loved watching the Andy Griffith show when i was growing up and to this day still watch the episodes.

94ranger
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Really sad when I read where Andy Griffith has died today.
Always loved watching the Andy Griffith show when i was growing up and to this day still watch the episodes.

My Dad recently got all of them on DVD and loves them. Sad to hear this too.

Piedmont
07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Didn't this guy get $600,000 of American tax payer dollars to pimp Obamacare? Is this the same Andy Griffith I watched in those commercials?

ilcop22
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Didn't this guy get $600,000 of American tax payer dollars to pimp Obamacare? Is this the same Andy Griffith I watched in those commercials?

Yes. The same ad that cost taxpayers $3.66 millions dollars.

Trey45
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
So my tax dollars went to pay for an ad for something that no one wants? I used to like old Andy, not so much after those ads though.

LUCKYDAWG13
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
he was a good man will be missed

Ickisrulz
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
So my tax dollars went to pay for an ad for something that no one wants? I used to like old Andy, not so much after those ads though.

I was assuming they were taking advantage of an old man no quite there...

MtGun44
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Actually, I had a friend that did some advertising work with him years ago and he told
me that I really didn't want to know what the real Andy was like. I really love the
character in the TV show, but my friend said that the guy he worked with was a
mean, foul-mouthed SOB and not any fun to be around.

I was shocked and hope it wasn't true, but I kinda suspect that it was.

I still love the character. I prefer to remember that character, not the real man.

Bill

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
TV is different than real life.
I loved Sheriff Andy Taylor.

41 mag fan
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Andy Griffith was a show that will live as one of my all time favorites thruout my life. Even if the man was totally differrent than he protrayed on TV, he still influenced alot of kids at the time by his actions of the show itself.

Hamish
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
You have to remember that he was an actor.

Mean, foul mouthed, anti-gun, rabidly pro sock monkey, typical Commie-fornia lib-tard.

But then, Will Geer was a life long communist and a *****.

Plate plinker
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Mean, foul mouthed, anti-gun, rabidly pro sock monkey, typical Commie-fornia lib-tard.

I've heard that too from a friend who ran into him in Kalifornia.:-|

pmeisel
07-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey -- he was an actor. I liked his acting. You should like your plumber for his plumbing skills, not his politics.

As for his politics, he cared more about people than money. If that's wrong, just adopt the opposite as your own motto. It's a free country, believe in what you want.

Hardcast416taylor
07-05-2012, 03:12 PM
A man has died. Can`t all of you "crepe hangers" just let him rest? So far all the accusations you have said here is just second handed lip service by either reading it in the National Inquirer or some gossip from a remote relative and nothing first handed or proven to be. A man has died, try to let the entertainment he provided for so many years at least be his legacy. If bad mouthing a deceased person gives you a good belly laugh, perhaps we will do the same for you? I am not praising him nor am I condeming him for things he may have done, I am just saying let a man that has died rest in his version of peace.Robert

jcwit
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
You folks feel the same about Jane Fonda and her acting "On Golden Pond"?

Just wondering?

waksupi
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I bet I could finds a lot of fault with the complainers immediate families. I don't know how or why they associate with them at all.

Plate plinker
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey hey, I'm just sayin it's a disappointment when these Hollywood types turn out this way. They earn a lot of money then tell regular people how to live all the while brainwashing the undereducated with hollywood nonsense. Oh yeah and giving money and backing to bho or whoever. What a drag.

ilcop22
07-06-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm just sayin' facts. Yes, he was in that bloated, tax-dollar funded commercial. Don't see how that's a judgment.

1Shirt
07-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Liked his acting, disliked his politics!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

WILCO
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
I still love the character. I prefer to remember that character, not the real man.

Bill

Same here Bill. Old Andy once said in an interview that Sheriff Taylor was a much better man than he is.........................I believe it.

GabbyM
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM
They are running Andy shows on cable this week. Surprise.

Watched a couple episodes the other night. Pretty good stuff.
Don Knots as Barney Fife carried the show.