PDA

View Full Version : Zack update

Olevern
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Well, Z and his cousin, D yesterday were to come over to meet me at Z's house to ride in his yard. Z and D turned out to be Z, D, D1 and D2 (last two 8 year old twins and D's brothers). The twins don't usually spend too much time with Z when D comes over because the two older guys are a bit too physical and the little guys can get hurt what with the wrestling and other "boy stuff". I get the feeling that grandma (with whom they are staying for the summer) keeps the twins pretty close.

However, the twins must have begged, 'cause they came over to "watch" D ride.

I think they really hoped those little "puppy dog eyes" would sway me to allow them to ride as well. (it worked).

Got them set up with gear and allowed the three brothers to take turns riding in the yard. Z had gotten himself into trouble in summer school so he was not allowed to ride (a good lesson about consequences to watch his cousins ride and not be allowed).

At one point Z was being rude to one of his cousins, no doubt resenting that they were able to ride and he wasn't, but when I drew him aside and reminded him that it was not their fault that he had made bad choices, he agreed with me and amended his bad attitude.

Anyway, here are some pics of the boys last evening (I can tell D from the twins but no way can I tell which twin is which)Sorry, pics deleted for safety reasons

Took Z and D fishing today.

Shaping up to be a fine summer

TCLouis
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you for being a parent and teaching the results oriented "LIFE STUDIES" course

EMC45
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Keep it up bud! Those kids will always remember this kind of stuff. They are learning life lessons they won't forget. I wanna come up to PA and ride dirt bikes dog gone it!

Olevern
07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Keep it up bud! Those kids will always remember this kind of stuff. They are learning life lessons they won't forget. I wanna come up to PA and ride dirt bikes dog gone it!

Come on up, I'm sure I have some bikes in the garage for "overgrown kids" such as yourself.

bigboredad
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
My Zack will be 18 this sept. and some of our best times and memories were from dirt biking when he was younger. But his mom didn't want him riding now she was afraid he would mess up his football chance for a scholarship. But they were some very good days just him and me. although it seems I could hit a tree if we were in the desert and there was only one tree. But scars are just fond memories

Olevern
07-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Blessings on you and your Zack; perhaps he will someday ride with his son and build memories.

leadman
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Looks like they had a good time and under the care of someone that cares enough to keep them safe.