PDA

View Full Version : Meepos

BCall
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
These may be my new favorite sizers. All cleaned and full of BAC lube. Lathesmith made me some dies and a set of handles that was missing from the one on the right. I really like using them on single lube groove pistol boolits. Not as fast as a Star, but I am enjoying them. If I could only find one of the pitzer sizers now.:D
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh259/blcall/SN852203.jpg

Danderdude
07-01-2012, 09:11 PM
What does the third handle on the side do?

BCall
07-01-2012, 10:06 PM
For lack of better terminology, it is the "lube injector". After pushing a boolit into the sizing die, you press it down to fill the lube groove. After a few boolits it runs out of lube and you need to tighten the pressure screw again until the handle rises. Kinda hard to explain, but actually pretty simple to use. Uses a push through die similar to a Star, not as fast as a star, but I like them.

NoZombies
07-28-2012, 09:39 PM
BCall,

I too really enjoy my meepos sizer. I had a die made up as .3125 and a single row of lube holes. As you said, it isn't as fast as a star or ballisticast, but it's a lot faster than a lyman (or similar) and I like the control I have over the lube pressure and application. 1000+/- per hour was pretty leisurely.

Mk42gunner
07-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow, I had no idea they were that fast.

Something else to look for at gunshows/ flea markets.....

Robert

lathesmith
07-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Nice work! It's good to see an old faithful workhorse still on the job, thanks to some careful restoration!

lathesmith

Roundnoser
08-04-2012, 10:14 AM
A Pitzer... like this one?

BCall
08-05-2012, 01:32 AM
That would be the one Roundnoser! I just haven't been able to locate one. Maybe some day, I just can't seem to resist buying sizers for some reason.

Roundnoser
08-05-2012, 08:45 AM
That would be the one Roundnoser! I just haven't been able to locate one. Maybe some day, I just can't seem to resist buying sizers for some reason.

I was able to get it for a very good price (you'd fall off your chair if I told you what I paid!). Like you, I just can't pass up cooling-looking and vintage equipment! -- Another very talented CB member made me a custom heated base for it that uses the Lyman 4500 heat element.

By the way, I really like your Meepos sizers. The wood handles are beautiful. Did you re-do those? Both sizers are in really great condition.

BCall
08-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Roundnoser, yes I redid all of the wood on the one on the right. It was missing the wood and the two levers when I got it. Lathesmith fixed me up with 2 new levers he turned for me and I just got some wood balls at the craft store, drilled, stained and sealed the with polyurethane. The one on the left still has original wood on the smaller handles, but I had to put a new one on the main handle.

Then I just polished everything up, had Lathesmith make me some new dies and they were ready to go! Luckily the paint on both was in really good condition, so a simple scrub down and a light coat of oil left them looking nice.

SWANEEDB
08-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Roundnoser, yes I redid all of the wood on the one on the right. It was missing the wood and the two levers when I got it. Lathesmith fixed me up with 2 new levers he turned for me and I just got some wood balls at the craft store, drilled, stained and sealed the with polyurethane. The one on the left still has original wood on the smaller handles, but I had to put a new one on the main handle.

Then I just polished everything up, had Lathesmith make me some new dies and they were ready to go! Luckily the paint on both was in really good condition, so a simple scrub down and a light coat of oil left them looking nice.

Really nice work you did Billy, makes me feel very good that it went to a good home.

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I wonder if we could get some talented person here to make a hundred or so of those...

Rich