PDA

View Full Version : Free Shipping !

williamwaco
06-29-2012, 09:34 PM
We are hearing a lot of complaints ( Justified ) about shipping charges.

I got an email from Cabella's this morning offering free shipping on all orders ( Except for very large or very heavy items.)

This offer is for Cabella's club members only but there is no charge to join.

It is good until October 1.

Bad Water Bill
06-29-2012, 10:58 PM
You can also order on line and pick up the order at the store without shipping charges.

Everyone should join their club. When you purchase anything give them your card #. After a while you will have accumulated enough credit to get some more powder or primers.

Done it several times.

gsdelong
06-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Better yet get there visa card. I have a small business and have been making all my purchases for the business on that card and averaging about a $100 a month in points.

Ickisrulz
06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Am I the only one who can see that Cabela's prices are higher than almost everyone else? Not only that, but if you are lucky enough to live in a state that has a Cabela's store (that's 23 states at last count), you get to pay sales tax too. Cabela's is not a place to look for savings.

pincherpartner
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Normally I would agree. But, last year they had a great sale on CCI SR primers, $20 per 1k. Then they frequently run 20% off on powder, which can be at least 10% lower than the others. It always pays to shop around.

williamwaco
07-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Am I the only one who can see that Cabela's prices are higher than almost everyone else? Not only that, but if you are lucky enough to live in a state that has a Cabela's store (that's 23 states at last count), you get to pay sales tax too. Cabela's is not a place to look for savings.

No we are all aware of that. BUT the topic is about shipping charges for small orders.

Would you rather pay 12 dollars for a product and free shipping, or would you rather pay 9.95 for the same product and 15 dollars shipping?

Pay your money and take your choice.

Ickisrulz
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
No we are all aware of that. BUT the topic is about shipping charges for small orders.

Would you rather pay 12 dollars for a product and free shipping, or would you rather pay 9.95 for the same product and 15 dollars shipping?

Pay your money and take your choice.

I shop around and find the best price for me. Cabela's infrequently gets my order when all things are considered.

paul h
07-03-2012, 11:39 AM
If you want to learn to love to hate high shipping costs, move to Alaska. The USPS flat rate boxes have been a godsend, but asside from that shipping runs high and higher. Many establishments only ship UPS, and UPS doesn't offer ground shipping to AK, 2nd day air is their least expensive method.

How a company ships, and hence how much it costs factors into who I purchase from. Midsouth has been using USPS flat rate boxes since they came out, they have good prices and service has been great over the years, so they are my first choice for reloading goodies.

41 mag fan
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
If you're buuying fishing equipment...good place to buy, their prices are usually avg. It's the hunting and shooting they are high on

mold maker
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Being a member gets you advance notice of sales. Sale prices and free shipping make for cheap purchases. I follow Midway, Midsouth, Cabela, and the rest. Most of what I buy can be found sooner or later, that way. Just don't get caught up in the "because it's on sale" syndrome. That can get expensive.