PDA

View Full Version : Took the daughter shooting Sunday

Thumbcocker
06-29-2012, 09:17 PM
We worked on sights and trigger control. Gun is Mom's M19 Smith pin barrel counterbored. Load was 5.5 grns of W231 and Lee 125 rnfp. Thank gooodnes the kid got her looks from Mom.

KYCaster
06-29-2012, 10:57 PM
That looks like a happy kid you have there Thumbcocker.

There's nothing quite like spending the day at the range with your daughter. I took mine out a couple of weeks ago on National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day (June 9). We had a blast....literally!

That's Adrian, my son's GF, on the left, my daughter Sherry and Susan, the daughter of a good friend.

None of the three have ever shot very much and at first were intimidated by the size of the targets....."You don't expect us to hit those, do you?" But it wasn't long till they were regularly hitting the tennis ball at 25 yrds, and they hit the golf ball often enough to stay interested.

The stars of the day were these two li'l guys........

Watching them dance with a good solid hit was always good for a big grin.

A great day and they all want to do it again soon.

Jerry

jmsj
06-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Good for you guys!
My daughter (12 years old) is at my folks house till the middle of July. We went and shot a little before she left. She was shooting one of my 94 Winchesters loaded with Unique and Lyman 311008's. For one session I set up 10 water jugs at 25 yards. She hit 9 out of 10 off hand and then looked at me and said "pretty goood huh". I said "I don't know looks like you missed one". She rolled her eyes and groaned. We both got a pretty good chuckle out of it.
Good luck, jmsj

btroj
06-30-2012, 07:51 AM
My daughter is now 18. She will go to the range with me but prefer to not shoot too much. She does enjoy diggin for range lead however. Last time she went we can home with over 40 pounds of range scrap, I call that a sucess.

I am just happy that she knows how to shoot, how to handle a firearm, and how to do so safely.