PDA

View Full Version : N. E. Gulf states beware

koehn,jim
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM
To those of you who live in the path of the tropical storm please be careful. It looks from the weather maps like it is going to be wet and wild.

garym1a2
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Already been raining for 3 days straight.

Leslie Sapp
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
We've been in a severe drought here for several years, so the rain we're getting is especially welcome. The rain bands have been passing over us since Saturday morning. There has been no substantial wind yet, and I really don't expect any, unless some of the associated thunderstorms spawn a tornado. I hope the thing just keeps sitting where it is and feeding us water- we need it!

JeffinNZ
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
It's all Al Gore's fault you know.

Haggway
06-25-2012, 06:21 PM
It's all Al Gore's fault you know.

No it was dick chaney, using the cia weather machine again. He was trying to hit new orleans again. guess someone made him turn the storm. :redneck::redneck:

41 mag fan
06-25-2012, 06:25 PM
No it was dick chaney, using the cia weather machine again. He was trying to hit new orleans again. guess someone made him turn the storm. :redneck::redneck:

Wonder if he was quail hunting with the cia weather machine guy????

Rick N Bama
06-26-2012, 04:55 AM
I sure wish you guys in FL would send Debby up our way! We sure could use a drink.

Trapdoor
06-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Rick N Bama, we'd love to send some your way. Although we have been in a 5 to 7 year drought cycle and needed it, we didn't need it this fast. Wreaking havoc all throughout central FL. Sink holes, spawning tornadoes... tons of damage. Several places such as Pasco and Hernando Counties have been declared disatser areas. My daughter works for a local Sheriff's dept. and has been on call 24-7. The only good point for me is that I have been catching up on my reloading and research, due to being stuck inside. For those of you in the path, please take precautions and think FLOOD!

Leslie Sapp
06-26-2012, 05:47 AM
For those of you in the path

That would be me. The storm (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/032023.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents) is passing over my grouper fishing numbers right now.

another gsxr 1k
06-26-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm in it too. I'm a good bit northeast of Leslie and Trapdoor, but we've gotten quite a bit here in the Jacksonville area. Flooding has closed I-10 west of the city. Lots of neighborhoods at risk. Luckily, I'm not at risk of any flooding. Hopefully everyone here comes away good too.

So far, for us in NE Florida, its been nothing but a big rain storm with vacation plans. No real winds
Here are some photos on the local papers website... http://jacksonville.com/slideshows/slides-news/flooding-hits-jacksonville-tropical-storm-debby-heads-florida#slide=0

gwpercle
06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
It's been said that the 4 seasons in Louisiana are:

1) Hunting season

2) Fishing season

3) Football season

4) and Hurricane season

I have lived in Louisiana since 1949 and gone through a lot of hurricanes , seen the power and destruction they can deliver. Man may think he's smart and can do anything, then Mother Nature rises up and shows use we are only at her mercy. I guess the only thing we can realy do is pray and hope the Lord hears our prayers.
Hope everyone out there made it OK...gary