PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a young man

Boz330
06-24-2012, 09:30 AM
This young man could use all the prayers he can get. I spent Friday helping fly for this cause. We are a small Drop Zone but still raised $5000+ to help this family and young man. Kentucky Fried Chicken came through with free Catering to feed the spectators, donors, and team of riggers and pilots who were supporting this effort. UPS donated a certificate for flight simulator time, (for one of their big jets), to be raffled off. Ready electric the company that both Troy, and Marc work for gave their employees the day off with pay to come out and help and they collected another 5K plus from their folks for Jesse. This from several small and large corporations when some folks want to vilify businesses for being greedy.

http://www.whas11.com/home/Ky-man-attempts-to-break-world-skydiving-record-160063425.html

Bob

trooperdan
06-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I lost my brother to leukemia in 1984 after a 12 year battle with it. He showed me what it was like to be a man. Prayers offered.

Olevern
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Prayers offered up for Jesse and his family. I can't even imagine if this was one of my grandchildren, however, I know the God I serve is big enough to see them all through or provide a miracle if it is His will.

Ken B
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Prayers to Jesse.

snuffy
06-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Prayers to Jesse as well.

Did he break the record?

I lost my great nephew to leukemia, from diagnosis to his death was only 10 months. Never went into remission.

Boz330
06-25-2012, 12:10 PM
He broke the record by double. 80 jumps during the daylight hours. This was a state record.

Jesse probably needs the prayers more than the money. He was in remission and they were getting ready to do a bone marrow transplant when it became active again.

Bob

missionary5155
06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Good morning
I will also pray for Jesse and family. God is the One Who can help.
Mike in ILL.

Boz330
06-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Good morning
I will also pray for Jesse and family. God is the One Who can help.
Mike in ILL.

AMEN!

Bob

Olevern
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Any word on how Jesse is doing? Is he still in the hospital?

Boz330
07-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I've been out of town at a match the last couple days, but I'll check with Troy. In all honesty it doesn't look good, hence the need for the prayers.
I personally have a real hard time attending funerals for young folks and I have lost several (friends) over the years. Old folks have lived their lives but to be struck down at that tender age is rough, regardless the circumstances.
The good Lord has a plan but it isn't always the best in our eyes, but it is what it is.
I did a balloon ride for the Dream Factory almost 20 years ago. The young man had brain cancer and was terminal. He was 12 years and that was his Dream. It about broke up myself and the crew and brings tears to my eyes even today. It isn't fair but then life isn't fair even though the government thinks they can make it so.

Bob

Olevern
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I've been out of town at a match the last couple days, but I'll check with Troy. In all honesty it doesn't look good, hence the need for the prayers.
I personally have a real hard time attending funerals for young folks and I have lost several (friends) over the years. Old folks have lived their lives but to be struck down at that tender age is rough, regardless the circumstances.
The good Lord has a plan but it isn't always the best in our eyes, but it is what it is.
I did a balloon ride for the Dream Factory almost 20 years ago. The young man had brain cancer and was terminal. He was 12 years and that was his Dream. It about broke up myself and the crew and brings tears to my eyes even today. It isn't fair but then life isn't fair even though the government thinks they can make it so.

Bob

Someday we who follow and serve will have the answers to all our questions, for me even the reason behind my beautiful granddaughter's death at age 21. We look at all tragedies with only a small part of the knowledge He has.

I have walked with Him for many years and seen His love and compassion in action in miracles and have seen Him not miracalously heal or cure in other instances.

I cannot understand why things happen as they do, but I do know that "all things happen for the good of them who love the Lord". Someday, I will walk and talk with Him in person and will know the whys of all situations that trouble me here in this world.

Until then, with Job I will trust Him. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him"

I continue to pray for Jesse and his family that God's will be done and that Gods healing and comfort be there for them.

Keep us informed, please.

vern

x101airborne
07-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Sometimes God needs em back more than we need them here. And he only wants the very best. The rest of us have to earn it.

Many prayers offered for him and his family.

gray wolf
07-08-2012, 08:37 PM
This is a sad thing to hear about, I have said a prayer for him.
It's a wonderful thing you do for these people in there time of need.
A prayer for you also to keep you safe.

Sam

Boz330
08-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Troy has been out of town lately doing family stuff but I caught up with him yesterday. The total raised for Jesse was in excess of 10K and money is still trickling in. He was treated with some experimental drugs out of the UK and they have put his Leukemia back into remission. He is home from the hospital and preparing for a bone marrow transplant if there is no flareup again. Whether the drugs or prayers or a combination of both this is great news for the family and friends. The prognosis was not good at all a month and a half ago.

Bob

blackthorn
08-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Prayers sent.