PDA

View Full Version : Casting some 9mm tonight.

Eric H
06-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Well just got back from Idaho. My dad gave me one of those Hungarian made browning clones. I had taken him up some cast boolits to shoot through it. Everything worked Great. 0 leading. 2 inch groups at 30 feet. This is one fun little shooter.
I dont believe in Luck. And still consider my self a beginner caster. But sofar I am 3 for 3 with no issues in my handguns. I will say this though. I have spent alot of time Gleening words of wisdom from the folks Here. Also Made a new friend Localy that has been casting for a long time.

My alloy is just straight range scrap. Water droped for the 9mm And straight for the 40 and 45. I am using a lube from here . the JPW and alox one. Picked up a bottle of Rooster red jacket for the next batch. My molds are all lee TL except for the 9mm. Its a lee but with one lube Groove. Got it used . But it throughs some nice boolits. I think it is a 124 grn. but cant remember .

Well lead should be hot. talk to you later.

Shiloh
06-24-2012, 09:32 AM
The LEE mold you speak of, is a 125 gr RN. For me, It is the only 9mm bullet that drops big enough
to shoot accurately.

SHiloh