PDA

View Full Version : Trying different boolits/Matt's Bullets!

1Shirt
06-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I quit counting molds after I passed the 50 count, but am never satisfied with what I have, and am always looking for something different. In the past couple of years, I have been ordering trial commercial cast for molds that I don't have to try before I buy another mold. I have been dealing with Matt, of Matt's Bullets out of Ark, and he produced a very nice consistant blt. Of more importance to me, is the fact that he will sell them to me as cast. A little less work for him, as he does not have to size/lube/check etc. A good deal for me, as I get to size/lube/check with my own preference of checks/lubes, etc. I just ordered 200 of his 30 cal 160 grainers, to try in my K-31 which is picky about what goes doen the tude. If they work well, than I will either consider buying the mold, or ordering a larger quantity from Matt. I don't know how many other custom casters are willing ship as cast, as I have never delt with anyone but Matt. Anyhow, my theory and practice has saved me buying some molds that I didn't want, and thought ya'll might be interested.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Yance
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Gotta throw in a plug for Matt at http://www.mattsbullets.com/

I cast the 146 gr .361 Lyman for my regular .38 S&W but needed some 200 grainers for the Brit .380-200 load for my Lend Lease S&W M&P. Placed an order with Matt Thanksgiving week and Tuesday, 1/29 500 great hand cast bullets arrived in the time stated on his site. Current lead time is about 8 weeks, but then so would be the wait for a custom .363-200 mould, and how many 200 grain 38S&W loads is anyone going to load anyway? I'll have to check out some of his other offerings soon.

williamwaco
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Is Matt a supporter here?

1Shirt
02-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Don't know? He is a small businessman, so could be!
1Shirt!