PDA

View Full Version : Need help with makin a choice

Jamesconn
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I recently got my first shotgun a baikal MP18 12ga and a box of the red white and blue federal shells and 5rds of Winchester 3in 00 buckshot.

I'm moving to New Mexico when the house sells but my parents made my pack up my whole gun room and trash my huge table.
I won't be able to get set up again till I get to NM.
Now I have roughly $100 and I was wondering spend it on reloading stuff for 12ga or buy a mosin nagant.

Should I start buying Remington sts shells to reload and start Savin hulls or should I wait to see if I can get hulls from a range up there?

Blammer
06-19-2012, 05:33 PM
wait to buy anything else until after the move, that way you don't have to move it and you'll likely have more money by then too.

swamp
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I say, hold on to it and let it grow awhile. That way when you are settled again you will have more money and can check what is available in your area. I found out that if you don't spend it right you can buy more later. Or you find something else that you want more.

swamp

Jamesconn
06-19-2012, 06:05 PM
we have already finished packing and the guns and ammo are going to go with me in the pickup not boxed up. I always have room for more guns and ammo just I guess reloading equipment i could just leave it in the box and put in the storage unit with the other ****, but i think ill get the mosin anyway. I have a list of guns i consider a bare minimum once i get them and a decent pile of ammo ill rest easy next and last after the mosin is a pistol.

Any recommendations? I was thinkin about a Tokarev or a RIA 1911 but the 1911 is still expensive for me right now and to tokarev ammo can only be had online. Is there a surplus gun in 9mm? I already have that type of ammo. How much would a glock 19 be approximately used?

Olevern
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
The Glock is probably about the only pistol I would recommend buying new. Reason is, they keep their value and most offers to sell used are priced pretty close to what you could buy a brand new one for. New should run just a smidge over $500.00, used I personally wouldn't pay over about $360.00, but as I said, you will find few priced in that range unless beat up police trade-ins.

Alvarez Kelly
06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a bunch of STS hulls. PM me your address after you get settled, and I'll mail you a big box full.

Remember, the shot is the expensive part of reloading for shotguns. Know anyone who makes there own shot? :-)