PDA

View Full Version : KKM or Storm Lake.

Bisbee
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
It’s time for an aftermarket barrel for my Glock G19. Please give me your thoughts on these two barrels, help me decide. Your input is appreciated.

Colorado4wheel
06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I have a KKM and had a Lone Wolf. The KKM is a superior barrel. Button form Rifling. Never used a Storm Lake but I almost tried it over the KKM. The experience with Lone Wolf and it being a cheaper barrel swayed me to the KKM. I hear good things about Storm Lake barrels.

Vanquish
06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't have any experience with Storm Lake, but I've been very happy with my KKM. The fit and finish is great, and it's accurate.

40Super
06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I have three Storm Lake barrels(1 for 1911,2 for XDm's), all of them fit as good as they possibly could,being "drop ins". All are accurate and well made. I haven't had a KKM.
I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Jailer
06-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Well I've tried Lone Wooof, Storm Lake, Bar Sto and KKM. The one I kept in my IDPA gun was the KKM. The only other one I'd even consider is the Bar Sto. The other 2 just don't even come close.

Get a KKM, you'll be glad you did.

cwheel
06-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Went over to Carson City and bought a KKM from their shop. Got a barrel for a G30, fit, function and finish was perfect. After 500 rounds of reloads using a 225 gr round nose Lee mold, no leading and better accuricy than the factory barrel with hardball. Quality product, friendly people. First aftermarket barrel for this G30, think it's going to be the last one I need.
Chris

buyobuyo
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
I run Storm Lake barrels in my G17 and G19. I like them and haven't had any problems with them. I've never tried any other aftermarket brands though.

Lloyd Smale
06-21-2012, 06:02 AM
ive got a wolf barrel for my 20 and even after a trip back to wolf to get opened up a bit it still wont run cast reliably.

softpoint
06-21-2012, 06:32 AM
I have a EFK fire dragon barrel in my G20, Good accuracy, no leading with cast.

Ron
06-21-2012, 08:44 AM
I have a Storm Lake barrel in my GLOCK 34 and never had a problem with it. It's well made and very accurate.

FergusonTO35
06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm surprised that Glock doesn't make a conventional rifled barrel as an acccessory, considering how well they sell. Do these aftermarket barrels eliminate the unsupported case problems often attributed to Glocks?

Oreo
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes and no. Older Glocks (15yrs ago) had the problem of unsupported chambers. Current production design has been revised for more support. However, glock's primary concern is reliability whereas these aftermarket barrel makers can afford to tighten up the tolerances in pursuit of other performance gains. So aftermarket barrels do have tighter chambers but the original problem no longer exists in current production oem guns.

TNFrank
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Depends on your budget. I went with a Lone Wolf barrel for the G30 that I just picked up because I'm on a pretty tight budget. If the chamber is tight I can always take the felt bullet nose in my Dremel and some Rouge and open it up a bit. I just wish Glock had never went with Poly Rifling in the first dang place.LOL. From what I've read Glock, H&K and Kahr are the only companies that use the crazy stuff.

garym1a2
06-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I use a Storm lake 9mm conversion for my Glock22 and also a 40S%W from Storm lake in it.
I get good results, no leading, supported chamber and nice accuracy.

My Glock21SF the OEM barrel works fine.

P.S. ; my brother and a lot of other USPSA shooters use and like the KKM barrels.

Shiloh
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
For what it is worth, if I decide on an aftermarket barrel, it will be Storm lake.
Better review that Lone Wolf, and without that gosh awful logo. Bar-Sto makes a fine barrel but a bit spendy. KKM would be in reach but probably the Storm Lake.

Never had problems shooting lead from my 9mm Glock barrel.

Mallard57
06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I just got a Storm Lake for my Glock 34. It is very well made, fit and finish is great, and function is flawless. The Storm Lake is a bit more accurate than the factory barrel.

mpbarry1
06-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Wbat do u guys think of the WILSON? I see they are making Glock barrels now.

bbs70
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I've had a Lone Wolf barrel in my Glock 22 for some years now.
Got it because it was drop in and cheaper than the rest.
All I shoot is lead bullets, and after 15k+ rounds I still haven't had any problems.
No leading, IMHO great accuracy, good price, I'm happy