PDA

View Full Version : Tuckered out from a great Father's Day!

WILCO
06-17-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm all tuckered out! Did nothing all day but stuff my face, take a nap, visit the sportsmen's club to shoot my Rossi youth combo rifle, fly fish with a water spider, walk the ranges, light up every burn barrel on the property with my Zippo, scrounge lead from the back stops, raid the brass buckets, empty every mis-fire can hanging on a post, watch the sun go down, laugh at all the lightning bugs buzzing around, read some of my Hemingway book, talked about God and the purpose of life, listened to some good jazz on the radio, held my camp chair down with my butt, watched a racoon looking for turtle eggs, ate a dutch oven biscuit as the clouds rolled in, WHEW! Enjoyed some laughs, told stories about my children as little folks, came home and ate some more barbeque, washed it down with vanilla ice cream, strawberry jam and mango slices on the side! Decided I wanted a heaping glass of ice cold water and now I'm getting ready to turn out the lights! :p Yeah, what a great day. I'm all tuckered out!

Olevern
06-19-2012, 08:15 AM
sounds like an enjoyable day.

WILCO
06-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks Olevern. It truly was.

popper
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
The day is that long where you are? I only got to go to church, mow the lawn, have a salad for dinner. I like your location better.

WILCO
06-21-2012, 12:34 AM
I like your location better.

Thanks Popper! I like it here too. :p