PDA

View Full Version : Michigan race

Jim
06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
The rain has quit and the jet driers are out. Look's like they're gonna race.

Y'all watchin'?

Lloyd Smale
06-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I dont miss a race unless something pretty drastic is going on.

wallenba
06-17-2012, 02:53 PM
The rain has quit and the jet driers are out. Look's like they're gonna race.

Y'all watchin'?

It's raining here again Jim:(

Go Tony Stewart!

I never go to the race here, I watch on TV. I go to qualifying. You meet the drivers, see more, less shuffling along. Best of all, no forty mile long traffic jam going east on U.S.12 after the race.

wallenba
06-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Ooops...not raining at MIS now. I switched the channel a bit ago, just rechecked. My bad. Raining at my house tho..

Jim
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
It's raining here again Jim:(

Go Tony Stewart!

I never go to the race here, I watch on TV. I go to qualifying. You meet the drivers, see more, less shuffling along. Best of all, no forty mile long traffic jam going east on U.S.12 after the race.

I got a cold one for you, bud!

Trey45
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Go 17. Nuff sed.

41 mag fan
06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm a fan of whoevers got the beer and hands me one!!

Jim
06-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm drinkin' Jack Daniel's Single Barrel.

Lloyd Smale
06-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Yessssss!!!! Finaly!!!!!!! Go jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moonman
06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
88 brought her home, about time.

Jim
06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Good job, june bug, good job, son!!

Trey, congrats on your boy finishin' in the top five!!

boltons75
06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Junior is back, this is going to be a great season for him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

wallenba
06-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Well, well, little E gits er done. Long overdue. How you like him now Teresa?

Lloyd Smale
06-18-2012, 05:47 AM
my wife actually had tears in her eyes. I know its kind of silly to be so excited for a milionare that basicaly had things handed to him but hes a good guy and deserved this!! He may have nascar fans that dont like him but hes probably the most respected driver on the track. You NEVER here another driver badmouth him and you RARELY see him do something dirty on track. Now for the chanpionship!

frkelly74
06-18-2012, 06:36 AM
I thought it was going to be a racial slurr or something....

Geraldo
06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I like Tony Stewart and Junior, so it was a good day.

Jim
06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I watch the races when I can, and have followed NASCAR since the late '60s.

Its about time that Jr won a race again, and its NOT been for lack of good equipment. If anyone noticed, Matt Kenseth was one of the first to congratulate him....class act.

I'm NOT a Stewart fan, and am surprised that Jim didn't comment after the deal that Darian Grubb got from Stewart Haas last season. To be honest, I'm happy for Darian that he has moved on to what I perceive to be a better situation.

Darian being a 'homeboy' here in Floyd, I was a bit dissapointed that things went south for him. Lots of the fellas around here were, too. However, not knowing ANY of the facts and remembering that Dad always reminded me that there's two sides to every story, I felt I could not fairly or correctly comment. So, I just kept my opinion to myself.

wallenba
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I used to not like Tony myself. But I respect his skills and his comittment to Chevrolet. You could tell he was miserable in those Toyotas. As time went on, I noticed he recognized his personality flaws, and worked hard to control them. He cared enough to do that, and his generosity to charity and and commitment to the Victory Junction camp impressed me.
I can't comment on the Darian Grubb business, I don't know about that. I don't read Jayski's like I used to.
On the other hand he and Greg Zipadelli were together and worked well at Gibbs racing for a long while. If he's willing to go back, the problem might not be with Tony's personality.

Curiuos about the split I found this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/20/tony-stewart-wins-nascar-championship-darian-grubb-split_n_1104501.html
Down in the article a bit, Grubb states it was his decision to leave.

Geraldo
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I like Tony Stewart because his heart is still in Midwestern dirt tracks.

As to the split, I can only offer a guess. Last year during the Chase, there was radio a conversation between Darian and Tony about his fuel status, and Tony said something to the effect that Darian had to make a decision and tell him what to do. Hearing a similar conversation between him and Addington this year, Tony just radioed in and asked, "What do I do?" and got an immediate answer. My guess is that Stewart wants a strong crew chief to make the strategic decisions while he just drives, and that Darian wasn't the right fit for that role.

I am glad to see Darian got another job and is doing well.

Lloyd Smale
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I like tony myself and was disapointed in his coments but you have to keep in mind that only a couple years ago he had a reputation for pouting and shooting his mouth off that was just as bad as the bush brothers. Ive got a friend that goes to most of the races and has conections in the industry and gets passes to about every aspect of it and hes allways said the most rude driver on the circut towards fans was tony steward. He actually told them to go away he couldnt be bothered once when there son wanted an autograph for his collection. He said the most personable drivers were JR., Edwards and Johnson. He said they would even stand in the rain to talk to fans. Im sure tony had his nose out of joint because he wanted that victory as much as jr. Hes been falling back in the points and needed it to fire up his team and get back in the chase race. The old tony just slipped out for a few minutes.

Geraldo
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
The difference between old and new Tony is owning a team. He has to be a lot more careful of what he says when he's constantly looking for sponsors. But every now and then he lets it fly.