PDA

View Full Version : Natchitoches, Louisiana. Fly-in, shoot, lunch end of this month.

Recluse
06-17-2012, 12:11 PM
A friend of Tom Gresham's is throwing a book-signing and meet & greet and shooting festivity for me in Natchitoches, Louisiana the end of June.

I'm planning on flying in Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning there's a fly-in at the local airport where we'll do some "truth stretching" tale-swapping, sign a few books then sit down for a home-style lunch. No idea what will be on the menu, but I've yet to EVER have a bad meal in Louisiana.

Around 2:00 p.m., we'll be at the local range for some shooting and more truth-stretching.

Any east Texas or western Louisiana folks who want to join in, feel free to come on down.

:coffee:

Dale in Louisiana
06-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Actual date? Location?

dale in Louisiana

Goatwhiskers
06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Date, location, location of range, what cotton-pickin' book? I might want to buy one, besides the drive to Natchitoches ain't too bad and I would welcome the chance to meet and greet and shoot a few CB amongst friends. Goatwhiskers

Edit: did some digging, "Above Reproach" sounds like my kind of story, gonna have any there for purchase? GW

Recluse
06-18-2012, 02:02 AM
:killingpc Can't believe I forgot to include the date. . .

Saturday, June 30th.

I'll be bringing some books to sign and sell.

Exact locale to come. I know we're meeting at the airport in the morning, then at the local range there at 2:00.

Will give a better itinerary as I find it out.

I reckon, though, we WILL have a good time. :)

Superfly
06-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Recluse can you swing up to Mn and pick me up. I have a grass feild runway 2 miles from the house and if that wont work it is not uncommon to see aplane landing on the main roads here so that would work to Or we could just use the airport in town, What ya think ???

I will help with the flying as i know the roads to La all to well LOL

gray wolf
06-18-2012, 09:38 AM
This sounds like a fun time, go get em J D
It's J D's new book -- You have to check it out --

Recluse
06-19-2012, 12:26 AM
And you know, Junior, it isn't but about 50 or so miles from your neck of the woods over to Natchitoches. . .