PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day 2012 Menu.

WILCO
06-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!

What's on the menu today for dear old Dad?

I fired up the charcoal grill and dutch ovens yesterday, so I could stuff my face and play today. :-P

I'll be enjoying pork tenderloin, chicken, pork chops, potatoe salad, cole slaw, bacon baked beans, green beans with neck bones, biscuits, iced tea, mixed drinks and cookie or two! :holysheep

What are you folks having?

imashooter2
06-17-2012, 08:26 AM
I'll be driving my father over to my brother's place and eating whatever he puts on the table. He's a pretty good cook, but likes to experiment with the "trendy" stuff. I think I'd rather be at your place...

crabo
06-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I'll be driving my father over to my brother's place and eating whatever he puts on the table. He's a pretty good cook, but likes to experiment with the "trendy" stuff. I think I'd rather be at your place...

You mean you would rather have something like this?

imashooter2
06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, yes I would. :(

x101airborne
06-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Well, I am cooking... but we are having domestic pork ribs, a brined wild pork ham, some deer sausage, okra gumbo with our home made ham and Texas tea. That is 5 gallons of sweet tea with half a fifth of Tequila added for flavor. Then enough lemon to cure scurvy. The old man and I should get along great.

ElDorado
06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, I am cooking... but we are having domestic pork ribs, a brined wild pork ham, some deer sausage, okra gumbo with our home made ham and Texas tea. That is 5 gallons of sweet tea with half a fifth of Tequila added for flavor. Then enough lemon to cure scurvy. The old man and I should get along great.

I thought Texas Tea was a-bubblin’ crude – oil, that is. I wonder where I got that idea.

41 mag fan
06-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Man am I in the wrong area of the U.S.
All we're having is fresh green beans and potatos from the garden...what garden there is....haven't had but maybe 1" of rain since the 1st of March, that I picked and snapped and dug up.

Plus we're having fried zuccinni and squash from the dry dead garden, that I went out and cut.

Wonder who'll be cooking??? [smilie=s:

kbstenberg
06-17-2012, 04:37 PM
41 Mag fan you should be happy with your fresh veggies. My peas are about a week till they are ready to pick. And my spuds are about 3 weeks away.

mrs.goodsteel
06-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Happy Father's Day!
My husband is Goodsteel and I am cooking beans and cornbread tonight, and he is fixing bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers. Have a great day y'all!

;-)

smokeywolf
06-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll be smoking 2 tri-tips and some bacon wrapped aspara"grass". My sons are taking turns playing classical piano for me while I watch the smoker and sip some of the 18 year old single malt that my wife bought for me a month ago.

Happy father's day to all the rest of you gents out there.

smokeywolf

cdet69
06-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Crabo. Can I come to your house for dinner? That picture is making me hungry.

imashooter2
06-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Turns out little brother made brisket, garlic lemon new potatoes and broccoli with a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. It was pretty darn good.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
06-17-2012, 10:41 PM
grilled chicken 1/4 dark served with BBQ sauce , red potatoes , peas and carrots, wash it down with a sweet iced tea and followed it all up with , Carmel Cashew Sundays , with homemade Carmel sauce and hole cashews

we were all packed up and drove to the range , and wouldn't you know the sub gun boys were having an event i hadn't remembered seeing on the calendar , so family range day is rescheduled for next Sunday to finish up fathers day festivities.

AnnieOakley
06-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey! We had fried catfish, beans n' cornbread, mac and cheese, baked zucchini n' cheese, and now we are relaxing with some homemade apple wine from last October. We had homemade banana nut pancakes and bacon from one of our own hogs this morning!

My husband says he can't wait til' okra is ready to pick. I'm looking forward to eating our first artichokes out of the garden....not to mention tomatoes!

We took a little day trip to Land Between the Lakes today with all five of our kids and visited the Planetarium and the Nature Center. On the way out we visited the gun range and gathered up some range lead and brass cases. We didn't get much and unfortunately hadn't planned ahead and brought any firearms with us.

Now we are trying to get the crazy chimpanzees to bed so we can have cuddle time.

Happy Father's Day everyone!
Annie Oakley and Coal Hog

cummins05
06-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Happy fathers day to all

smokeywolf
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Annie,

You all have a very interesting life. Not to mention, your menu is absolutely irresistible. All of your foods are on my favorites list.
And, chimpanzees... wow, I thought we had an interesting family with the two sons and the wolf.

smokeywolf

garbear
06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
I had to work, but got home and went with my wife to pick out dinner. I grilled beer brauts on my new weber grill. brauts served with saurkroute and a mixed salad from my garden. All the ice water I could drink. It was over 100 today at work.
garbear

429421Cowboy
06-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Had us some home grown beef burgers, best in the world, no hormones no antibotics and no artificial sweeteners;) Of course we did toss some bacon from our unfortunate piggy and fresh green onions outta the garden in there to make some dang fine burgers and some fries from the last of the potatoes, we're months from harvesting any out of this garden, we just had our last freeze (hopefully) 2 weeks ago that wiped out most of the corn. Ma whipped up some of her famous custard and we had a wonderful evening with the parents and grandparents. Hope everybody had a great fathers day!

crabo
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Crabo. Can I come to your house for dinner? That picture is making me hungry.

Come on over. Pork rib meat, buffalo steaks, bacon wrapped shrimp with jalapeno, Sloveck's jalapeno sausage...grilled and smoked with a little pecan.

Wayne Smith
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
On Sat. I smoked a turkey and made a salsa for it. LOML made a sweet potato salad out of the Colonial Williamsburg cookbook, best friend brought fruit plate, son and daughter in law brought grandson and salad. Wine, beer, and cider as well as fresh ground coffee.

WILCO
06-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Lots of great replies. Thanks guys and gals.