PDA

View Full Version : new LBT mold for 7.62x39

jwhite
04-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I recently picked up a charles daly mini-mauser in 7.62x39 and decided to have Veral Smith make a mold for this rifle. I wanted a heavy LFN bullet bullet that would fit this rifle like a glove. Well after making a couple chamber and throat impressions and slugging the bore I sent everything to Veral and today I received the mold and what a beauty it is. It drops a 165gr LFN bullet that when seated with the gascheck flush with the bottom of the neck it just kisses the rifling. It is just what I was looking for. I cast a couple hundred bullets tonight and sized them to .314" and can't wait to get some loaded up to try. This is my second LBT mold and they are the easiest mold to use and drop great bullets. I will try and post a picture of the bullet tomorrow.
Jerry

Bass Ackward
04-24-2007, 06:02 AM
I recently picked up a charles daly mini-mauser in 7.62x39 and decided to have Veral Smith make a mold for this rifle. I wanted a heavy LFN bullet bullet that would fit this rifle like a glove. Well after making a couple chamber and throat impressions and slugging the bore I sent everything to Veral and today I received the mold and what a beauty it is. It drops a 165gr LFN bullet that when seated with the gascheck flush with the bottom of the neck it just kisses the rifling. It is just what I was looking for. I cast a couple hundred bullets tonight and sized them to .314" and can't wait to get some loaded up to try. This is my second LBT mold and they are the easiest mold to use and drop great bullets. I will try and post a picture of the bullet tomorrow.
Jerry

Jerry,

You sound like a man that is going to have too much fun. And you will be making a lot of fellas envious on this board with that combo.

jwhite
04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I just tried out two loads with my new LBT boolit, and they both shot well, first was 24gr of IMR 4895 and the second load was 25gr of Data-68. I will have to get the chronograph out this weekend and check the velocity's. The 25gr of D-68 was starting to flatten the primers a bit but the bolt opened just fine.