PDA

View Full Version : Panfishing today with Zack

Olevern
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
had a great time taking Z out fishing today, picked him up after purchasing pop, ice, snacks and bait. Drove about 45 minutes to a nice lake, watched him catch 12 panfish in the two hours we were there, then back home as I had something planned with my grand-daughter in the evening.
Wish we could have stayed into the evening, but another time. As it was, catching 12 fish when the sun was directly overhead (not the best conditions) was enough. Z had a great time, and I enjoyed sharing that time with him.

It don't get no better than that!

swheeler
06-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Good job zack and good on you for taking him fishing.

ElDorado
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Zack's sure livin' the life. Wasn't he just learning to shoot the other day? Now you've got him catching at the rate of six an hour!

This is gonna be a good summer for him.

x101airborne
06-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Gotta love some father - children time. Took my stepson out the other day to let him shoot the M1-A and the full auto supressed AR-15. I love spending time with the kiddos. Good on ya and to him.

Olevern
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Gotta love some father - children time. Took my stepson out the other day to let him shoot the M1-A and the full auto supressed AR-15. I love spending time with the kiddos. Good on ya and to him.

Not my flesh n' blood, I'm workin on great-grandchildren (spread all over the USA, none close by) so I mentor three or four boys who get little attention or support at home, or who have behavior problems and parents/guardians who are overwhelmed and need some help with child management skills. Z is a great kid, just needs a little guidance.

We will be spending quite a lot of time over the summer together as he needs to be kept busy in order to keep from falling into negitivity of older, neighborhood friends.

x101airborne
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah. Sometimes a mentor is better than a parent. But ya just gotta love all kids. Good and not so much. They are only a product of their environment or upbringing and that is even more of a Kudos to you for being there and caring enough. Believe me, although he is a good kid, my stepson gave me a run for my patience at first. A little discipline is good for him and it makes me a more patient person. Wich I desperately need.

crabo
06-16-2012, 10:07 AM
so I mentor three or four boys who get little attention or support at home, or who have behavior problems and parents/guardians who are overwhelmed and need some help with child management skills. Zack is a great kid, just needs a little guidance.

This is one of the reasons I teach high school. There are too many kids that need some guidance. I'll spend a lot more time with some of mine than their parents do, especially after I have had them for three years.

It is very gratifying to run into them to and have them excitedly tell how they are doing, especially when you know they got their start with you.

legend
06-16-2012, 10:28 AM
and he thinks you'r just fishin.......

TCLouis
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Olevern

Thank for your service.

Your efforts will likely benefit you and society as a whole

41 mag fan
06-16-2012, 02:10 PM
You got the future and influence in your hands...awesome Olevern...you're a good man for taking the future and time and giving upon yourself....how many kids have you influenced?? those kids..sadly it's inevitable, the day your gone, those kids will relive the memories of you, with you, and because of you.

Someone like you deserves more than humanity can give...theres is no paying back for it.

Olevern
06-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Just came in from taking my grand-daughter on an excursion train ride and there was a message on my phone from Z thanking me for the fishing trip yesterday (again). Like I said; a good kid.