PDA

View Full Version : Carbolic soap

Jim
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
In the lead section? Yes, in the lead section. Because it works really well for getting the lead off your hands, that's why.

HERE (http://generalmerchandisingcompanyofky.com/red-island-pride-carbolic-soap.html) is a link to what a fellow forum member sent me a coupla' bars of. This stuff don't exactly smell like something you'd want to wash in before you go to church, but it will clean your hands down to the pink! And it lathers better than ANY bar soap I've EVER used!

In four months, I have processed just over two tons of lead. I'm callin' the doc's office in the morning and order a blood lead level test. Then I'm going to order a coupla' boxes of nitrile gloves to wear when I'm working and handling the product.

Janet just handed me a sheet of paper with the irreversable effects of lead poisoning:

COGNITIVE DEFICIT (can't think, concentrate, calculate, etc.....)

PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY (pain and/or tingling in the extremities, especially the fingers)

RENAL DYSFUNCTION (kidney problems)

BLINDNESS

CANCER

Other symptoms:

Abdominal cramping
Constipation
Tremors
Mood swings/changes
headaches
Vision blurring

I have experienced some tingling in my fingers. That's all the signal I need to get my wormy butt down to Doc's office and get the test done, buy nitrile gloves and wash my hands like I'm about to perform surgery.

I suggest y'all think about all this and consider doing the same thing.

Trey45
06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
If you were to hop in ye olde way back machine and wander the halls of your local hospital you'd be greeted with the aroma of carbolic disinfectant. Nothing else on this earth smells quite like it.

I use it to wash up with after working with lead for extended periods of time. My BLL's have never been elevated, knock wood. Good luck with your BLL test, it's the one test you shouldn't study for.

mold maker
06-13-2012, 09:05 PM
If ya don't rub the oxides into a cut, or breath the dusty dross, or eat or smoke with filthy hands, I'll bet you are in the normal range.
You really have to have bad cleanliness habits to mess up. In most cases, just plain common sense washing your hands, is 99% effective.
As far as the problems on that paper, most folks over 50 have most of them without ever seeing lead.
It pays to be safe, but don't get all scared, and bent out of shape over it.

dragonrider
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Jim if you can find a black nitrile glove called "Raven", buy those. They are tougher than the blue ones and fit much better.

Arnie
06-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Vaseline used to make a carbolated vaseline .It was light brown in color . Only place i know of now to get it is Watkins Products . Arnie

waksupi
06-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Jim, by some strange coincidence, I get virtually the same side effects from Scotch!

Longwood
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
As far as the problems on that paper, most folks over 50 have most of them without ever seeing lead.

The problems is,, we were exposed to a lot more lead than we saw or knew about.

Jim
06-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Jim, by some strange coincidence, I get virtually the same side effects from Scotch!

I KNEW there was something about Ric that I admired, I just KNEW it!