PDA

View Full Version : Get Winchester AA shells for the same price you normally pay for Winchester Universal

Ole
06-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Here's how:

My local wally world has the cheap Winchester "Universal" 12 gauge shells for $5.97 + tax.

They also have the nicer "AA" 12 gauge shells for $7.97.

Winchester is currently offering a $2/box rebate on their AA shells.

Limit 50 boxes/$100 total rebate (http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/winchester_aa_100_08-31-12.pdf).

Since I just started loading my own shotgun shells, I'm in the market for a few nice reloadable hulls, so I've bought a few of these. :mrgreen:

Thought someone else here might like this deal. :drinks:

Bloodman14
06-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Universal shells don't reload worth a fart in my experience. Hulls collapse under pressure from my MEC Grabber. For blasting purposes, they fill the bill.

Ole
06-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Universal shells don't reload worth a fart in my experience. Hulls collapse under pressure from my MEC Grabber. For blasting purposes, they fill the bill.

Yup that's my experience too.

I made up some light #9 1oz loads last weekend. Checked them yesterday and the crimps on about 5 out of the box of 25 shells had opened back up and made a big mess.

I won't be reloading Winchester Universal shells in the future unless they are all I have.

runfiverun
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
the aa hulls have cheapened up too.
i used to get about 15 loads from one the new ones maybe 3.

dmize
06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I have decent luck with the cheap 20 ga Remingtons,reloading them for my young nephews. For 12 ga, AA's are still king. And yes it does seem to me the AA's start splitting early

Lance Boyle
06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm not current on shotshells for sure but when Winchester started messing around with the AA hulls with the silver, light gray, and dark gray hulls and also the new red's I kept getting split hulls on the first or second reload.

I went to the Remington STS hull and never looked back. That said I have buckets full of both AA and STS hulls in the garage.

Hardcast416taylor
06-14-2012, 03:55 PM
At close to $50 per 25# bag, my shotshell loading has slowed to a crawl these days. I still have "a bunch" of the older AA cases along with an equally sized "bunch" of RXP and STS cases from the "old" days to load if needed.Robert

Down South
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I shoot a lot of Sporting Clay events. I see drums full of AA hulls trashed every time. One of these days, I'll have em dump a drum full in the back of my truck just to have some on hand.

No_1
06-15-2012, 12:17 PM
A few drums sorted and resold could make you rich or at least fund a lead/primer/powder purchase.

I shoot a lot of Sporting Clay events. I see drums full of AA hulls trashed every time. One of these days, I'll have em dump a drum full in the back of my truck just to have some on hand.

Down South
06-15-2012, 08:00 PM
A few drums sorted and resold could make you rich or at least fund a lead/primer/powder purchase.

I know. Believe me, I have thought about it. If nothing else I could collect them for some of our members. All of my team shells are always paid for and they are always double A. Sometimes they are the gray and sometimes the red.
Four member team, 100+ rounds each, that's a lot each shoot in itself.

Bloodman14
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
The STS, black, and green hulls from Remington ROCK!! I have some STS hulls with 15 reloads!