PDA

View Full Version : OMGoodness! An Oldfeller mould

kywoodwrkr
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Actually three of them.
Found them sifting through stuff from my house residue of 2008.
They seem to be serviceable, two were even still in the original box. Boxes are shot!
Weren't these originally designed for the 6,5x55?
Or others?
Weren't these some of the original group buys from Lee?
Now to find the sizing dies which accompanied them! Yea, right.
Will probably just make new ones!
Been a good day.

Wayne Smith
06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Depends on which ones you have. I believe he designed the two 8mm large boolits that MidSouth currently sells, I know he and Rick designed the Oldfeller Frankenstein for the 8mm Steyr, and I believe he did design one or more for the 6.5.

paul h
06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I think the first oldfeller mold was the 6.5mm, ~140gr as I recall. I wasn't into advanced level casting so gave up on trying to get the swede to shoot cast and sold the mold.

Speeking of early group buys, there was also the bator "3589" mold, that really was nothing like a 3589. I did manage to trade the bator mold for a real 2 cavity 3589 mold.

swheeler
06-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Depends on which ones you have. I believe he designed the two 8mm large boolits that MidSouth currently sells, I know he and Rick designed the Oldfeller Frankenstein for the 8mm Steyr, and I believe he did design one or more for the 6.5. and the 7mm "soupcan" marketed by Midsouth

kywoodwrkr
06-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Depends on which ones you have. I believe he designed the two 8mm large boolits that MidSouth currently sells, I know he and Rick designed the Oldfeller Frankenstein for the 8mm Steyr, and I believe he did design one or more for the 6.5.
Wayne,
I think these were before the design work for MidSouth.
He optionally sold sizing dies for each of these molds and sent out a blue printing or size chart with each.
Have no clue where they all went as I did buy them(sizers) as well.
Thanks for the reply.
Dave