PDA

View Full Version : M96 Mauser and NEW #4 Mk2 possibly available

BruceB
07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
A gent I've worked with for some time, and a knowledgeable rifleman, came by here at work this morning to say he's interested in selling the two rifles in the thread title.

The Swede is the 29"-barreled version in apparently really excellent condition, from the description. Sounds like he might let it go for $200, which I think is probably fair IF it's as nice as he says. Anyone?

He personally removed the arsenal wrappings and cosmoline from the #4 Mk2 and fired a total of ten rounds. It is new in every respect, and comes with the matching-numbered bayonet. I've seen these go at well over $500, but I may be able to get it for $425.00. Since I already have a similar new-condition #4 rifle ("Miz Liz"), is there anyone out there who may be interested?

felix
07-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Bruce, my #2 son, Nick, obtained a MK5, a warmed over version by the India Indians to 308W, at the last Tulsa gun show about 3 months ago. He paid 350 cash, and I thought that was too much at the time unless the vendor selling the gun guaranteed MOA. He did, and yes it does shoot approx this good with Boxer primed military loads he supplied at 15 cents each. My #5 in 303 purchased in the 50's for 35 bucks was a *** in comparision in terms of accuracy. Naturally, I have to assume that first gun had a large bore, and this new warmed over gun is what I would call a real treat. I'm just saying this because a new British gun buyer might want to consider this. ... felix

KCSO
07-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Bruce, if it is really new condition and not a re arsenal I would be interested. Let me know when it comes up and maybe you could e mail me a couple of pictures. If I don't want it personally I have other friends in the Enfield Collectors group.

jh45gun
07-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Bruce that is a real decent price for the Swede as they have really jumped in price. If it was me I would grab it if you have the extra funds you could always turn a profit on that one. Jim

Scrounger
07-08-2005, 03:01 PM
If anyone happens to run into a good 96 Mauser Action or three, reasonably priced, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

StarMetal
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Art,

Samco Global Arms has either 96 or 38 Swede barreled actions for $169.95...your choice.

Joe

mike in co
07-08-2005, 04:24 PM
bruce,
check out the swede...let me know if you really think it is worth 200.i bought an excellent for 170 last jan.....but i'm interested in this IF you think it is worth the bucks.......i might just have you hold onto it till i come up there...
i'd send you the funds.
mike