PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it's good to say What the Hey...

Don in Texas
06-10-2012, 10:52 PM
I've been fine tuning my .45 Colt load for cowboy shooting over the past few weeks. I was about to head over to the range this afternoon in hopes of verifying that I was where I need to be with it. As I got ready to leave the house I was thinking what else I could take with me to shoot. I have this brand new S&W Model 14 that I've just had sitting in the gun safe for several years. I got it from a guy that was selling off his collection for a great price. I guess my thinking was that since it was NIB, and had been part of a collection, that I wanted to keep it that way.

Something just made me throw it in my range box today, and now I'm wishing that I had done it much sooner. This is the sweetest shooting .38 that I've ever had. It came out of the box shooting a little low at 25 yards, but 3 clicks up on the rear sight and I was pegging the X-ring with it. That was with the cheapest box of ammo that I could get from Walmart too, Federal 158 gr RN. Now I can't wait to start working up a good HBWC and SWC for it. I bet it's gonna be an awesome shooter.

Anyway, it got me wondering if any of you guys are just sitting on something like that?

Love Life
06-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Nope. Guns are made to be shot. Whenever I end up with collectable firearms that I can't bring myself to shoot, I sell them.

5shotbfr
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
a few years ago i just had to have a saa colt .
i thought the fellow i bought from was going to have a heart attack when i loaded up and started shooting it