PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Today

MrXrings
06-10-2012, 02:29 PM
....and not a single mold to be found. Pretty sad. Just started casting and figured I'd find at least a few there for sale.

JScott
06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't remember the last time I did see a mold (other than the occasional blackpowder style) at one of our shows. Mostly a product of only the larger dealers showing up anymore and they have to stock for the market. Unfortunately, casters are in the minority. Back when shows frequently had the part-time dealer or individuals setting up tables, they were more common.

sig2009
06-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Sometimes you get lucky. Last show I scored a H&G 6 cavity 38 wadcutter mold with handles for $40. Don't think the guy knew what he had! Heck! Most of the shows I go to you can't even find 100 count packs of targets.

MrXrings
06-10-2012, 07:46 PM
There are some small local guys at my shows but they are dominated by guys selling plastic pistols, I remember as a child going to gun shows with my dad and it was almost all rifles. Times have changed.

WILCO
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Times have changed.

In more ways than one................ :groner:

429421Cowboy
06-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I was majorly disappointed last gun show i went to as there also was not a single mold to be found, i was hoping to find a .44 mold but anything would have worked as i'll eventually need several. I also was dismayed to find no 429421 boolits of any kind after talking to 5 different outfits selling cast, even talked to the guys at Rimrock and they were great, gave me a pricelist and were very nice about it but had no Keith style boolits on hand. I was looking for Keith's because i will be getting to take up to 4 deer to fill our student food pantry at school this fall and was hoping to find some boolits to use.
Seems like every time i go to one it's awfully hard to get my money back especially since i don't go to buy guns usually but just look for dies/components/old manuals and books. Seems like there are alot of dealers there and a ton of people selling surplus or camping type survival gear instead of any real shooting gear.

runfiverun
06-10-2012, 09:24 PM
gun shows aren't for gun stuff.

quasi
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
the reason is Mall Ninja's don't cast.

ohiomadman
06-10-2012, 10:31 PM
the reason is Mall Ninja's don't cast.

LoL That is funny

Mk42gunner
06-12-2012, 03:48 AM
It is rare to see molds or any casting equipment at the smaller gunshows. The last small gun show I went too had a grand total of ONE mold, a DC Lyman 323470 for $20.00. I didn't even haggle I just handed the guy a twenty, stuck the mold in my shirt pocket and walked on.

Robert