PDA

View Full Version : Musky fishing

44deerslayer
06-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Getting ready to go on my yearly musky fishing trip to the saint lawrence sea way .will be launching at Clayton .will be gone 2 weeks taking the truck camper and my sea nymph fishing boat will mostly using Len Hartman lures and swim wiss slow trolling .any other musky fishermen out there like to hear some story's and pics .

sharps4590
06-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Good luck 44!! I love to fish but Musky is not on the menu in my area. Wish they were!

41 mag fan
06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I go everytime we hit the right time of year when going N to my inlaws. If the Walleyes aren't biting, then it's Pike and Muskies.
Last fall had a 4 footer come after my bucktail, gills flared....did the figure 8, he missed fist loop around, 2nd loop he came up and nailed my rod tip....that was the end of that

I was shaking like I had just shot a record book buck!!

danski26
06-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Last weekend my 8yo nephew had a 40+ chew on the bluegill he was reeling in on his snoopy pole. My Dad played the fish till he decided to let go of the bluegill. We do a lot of Musky fishing but we don't start till mid to late July. I am itching to start though! Do you troll on the St Lawrence?

firefly1957
06-09-2012, 08:55 PM
My in laws are in Massena New York BIL fishes the St Lawrence a lot for Walleye One time out I saw a HUGE musky jump in a bay upstream from Massena it was HUGE! My father in law got a glimpse and swore it was a large sturgeon. I got a better look with its mouth wide open and gills flared it was a HUGE musky that had come up under a school of bait fish and went for a mouth full.

Let us know how you do.

kenyerian
06-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Luv muskie fishing. let us know how the're biting. Good Luck!!

TCLouis
06-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Funny but the Musky fisherman around here (yes, we have Musky in TN) consider i a good day when they have a "Good Follow" and a "Strike" is unbelievable day and hook one . . .
WHOA . . . That is a lifetime experience