PDA

View Full Version : CCW in other states

Calamity Jake
06-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Planing a vacation to Oregon, will take the southern route from Okla. thru TX. NM, AZ, then up thru NV across the NW corner of Calif, into Oregon, will return using a northern route back thru NV.
Utah, WY. NB and down thru KA.

I know TX, NM and I think KA honers Okla. CCW holders, what about the others, I know we have members here from all the states, can you give me a little info.

I may not carry on my person but will have a gun in my car and with me in the hotels.

Thanks

koehn,jim
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Remeber that in Calif. the state does not allow you to carry without a Calif ccw. in the car it has to be unloaded including the clip. In the hotel room you are ok that is considered a residence.

Ickisrulz
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

This map can give you some good information, but check with the individual states' websites. I know that NV and UT do not have any type of agreement, but the map says they do. I don't know about any other errors.

FYImCalifornia wants your guns unloaded and locked up in the car.

Uncle Jimbo
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM
The last I heard Nevada does not honor any states carry permit. This was two years ago, so they may have changed it now.

Ickisrulz
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
The last I heard Nevada does not honor any states carry permit. This was two years ago, so they may have changed it now.

http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

*Effective July 1, 2011

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arizona*
Arkansas
Kansas
Kentucky*
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
Tennessee
Rhode Island
South Carolina - Effective July 1, 2012
West Virginia

Moonie
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
NC honors EVERY states Concealed permit. Honestly not sure how it handles the states that have constitutional carry.

MtGun44
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Go to the Attorney General or State Patrol web site for each state and get the straight word.

California is NOT gun friendly, so be careful.

Bill

Calamity Jake
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll do some checking with each state execpt CA which I will unload it and lock the gun one place and the ammo another.

quilbilly
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Oregon doesn't honor any other states's including Washington's from what I understand.

wgr
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
did i read the map right CO. only honors CO. residents

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-06-2012, 08:56 PM
year!

Reg
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Be sure to check each state. There is getting to be quite a bit of difference between them. NM no longer recognizes CO and I cannot say as I blame them. Daughter just went through the CCW and the course was poorly put together as far as I am concerned.
If we are going to have a national recognition of CCW then we need national standards as far as training goes.
In this "brave new world" we are living in, just because we are alive and breathing no longer means anything. Frankly, there are too many of us. CCW is not only great but sadly needed but there are too many "cowboys" out there.
Responsibility, thats the name of the game. We need and must have CCW but it must be in a responsible manor.
My .002 worth. ( I relinquish the soap box !! )

Matt_G
06-08-2012, 09:08 PM
In Wyoming you'll be OK. The 2nd Amendment is your carry permit there.

rockrat
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
In CO, if you are a resident, you have to have a CO permit. Permits from other states are invalid if you are a CO resident. I think it came from countys where the sherriff woulnd't sign the paperwork for a permit, so people were getting permits from other states and using them here. Powers that be got PO'd that people were doing an end-around them and had the law changed.

richhodg66
06-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas all honor each others, I checked because mine is a Kansas permit and I still have a Texas driver's license. Those are the only three states I ever travel in anymore it seems.

Just Duke
06-16-2012, 08:49 AM
You can open carry in NV.

Calamity Jake
06-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Ok thanks guys we're headed out this morning, be gone 2 weeks +/- a day or two

crabo
06-16-2012, 09:58 AM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/legal-heat-50-state-guide/id499394939?ls=1&mt=8

app for your iPhone