PDA

View Full Version : White lightning lube--anyone

rockrat
04-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Wondering if anyone has a bit of the stuff I could buy and try? Never really shot with black powder in a cartridge gun, and want to try some different lubes. Have some SPG and some stuff I made using recepies on BPCR net. Finally got an email from Dan on the White Lightning lube, but don't feel like paying $300 for a pound of the stuff, if I really don't get into the sport. Thanks

versifier
04-20-2007, 10:51 AM
You can get it in small squeeze bottles for a few bucks. I use in on small and roundnose handgun boolits that are too short to dip in LLA without getting it all over my hands. I don't shoot bp except in m/l's, so I have no idea how well it would work with bpc, but my .45ACP's love it.

http://westernbikeworks.com

montana_charlie
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
If the White Lightning BCPR lube (made by Dan Theodore) is the same stuff as the White Lightning being sold for lubricating bike chains...I would be amazed.

rockrat,
Did you really mean $300?
CM

rockrat
04-20-2007, 09:35 PM
My email came from someone named Jim Terry and it was $300/lb plus shipping!!

Subject: RE: White lightning lube
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:40 PM

Earl $300.00 per pound plus shipping send address and till me how much lube
you need thanks Jim Terry

Glad to know that it was a misprint!!! About had a heart attack when I read the email above!!

_____

Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 7:41 AM
To: gentlemanjimproducts@msn.com
Subject: White lightning lube

I would appreciate some information on cost and availibility on the above
lube for BPCR. Thanks, Earl

Arnie
04-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I think that must have been 30 dollars per pound as it was about 25 dollars when he first made it available . Arnie

montana_charlie
04-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I still have the email Jim Terry sent me, when I asked if he handles it. He said $30 is the price per pound. The White Lightning that I did by was the 'dipping' variety (not the lubrisizer type) and it came from Dan Theodore. He required me to buy two pounds, and shipping was ten bucks.

I don't know if Terry's minimum requirements are the same, but I am certain the price is $30/lb.
CM

Kenny Wasserburger
04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Jim wil sell it a pound at a time.

and its $30 a pound.

Kenny Wasserburger

martinibelgian
04-24-2007, 04:05 AM
It is good stuff - although here in wet and mild Belgium, it doesn't really have to show its qualities, as conditions are never so harsh it is really needed. Almost any lube will work here...