PDA

View Full Version : My brother.

Charlie Two Tracks
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
My brother (Rich) died Memorial day evening. He was 63. Suffered a heart attack and was gone quickly. He was a Viet-Nam vet in the Infantry and went into Cambodia when we went in there to clean out VC bases. I was doing pretty good until the V.F.W. did the 21 gun salute at the end of the grave side service and when his wife was presented the flag off of the coffin. The Commander of the VFW told her that the United States of America thanked her for his service...... Dang. I about came apart at that. Afterwards, I was talking to my wife about how some people (like me) are so gung ho about protecting this country. He served his Country in difficult times and will be missed.

Dframe
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. Nice to know the military still cares enough about it's soldiers to give them a proper sendoff. I've participated in many of these ceremonies and they are never easy, but there is a degree of comfort in the respectful way military honors are bestowed.

WILCO
06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
My sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

Same for me. Thanks for sharing a little about him and his service.
Stay strong, Keep moving forward.

Bret4207
06-10-2012, 07:40 AM
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Cherish the good memories.

Dean D.
06-11-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Charlie. Thoughts and prayers going out to your family.

I participate in as many honor details for our local veterans as my work schedule allows so I have experienced many of the same emotions you describe. I am happy to hear that your brother received the honors he was due. Honoring them is very important in my way of thinking.

square butte
06-11-2012, 07:27 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and sympathys to your family.