PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Brass

Ickisrulz
06-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I just picked up a bag of 338 WM brass from sportsman's warehouse. The manufacturer is Remington. When placing it into an ammo box I was happily surprised to find 52 cases. I think I've only gotten Remington bagged brass one other time and that was in 44 mag. I'm pretty sure there were a couple extra cases in there too.

Is this standard practice for remington? Do any other manufacturers do this?

I've order Remington bulk brass shipped in cardboard boxes from other places and was actually shorted by two cases once. I'm asuming the place I ordered it from got really big lots and counted or weighed out the smaller quantities. They did make it right though.

paul h
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
That's been my experience with Remington bagged brass in .243 and .280. It's nice as one of my few compulsions is hating having an ammo box with one round missing. I like to make up a dummy round for each bullet I use once I dial in the seating of that bullet, so having a couple spare cases on hand keeps me from going into fits having an empty hole or two in the ammo box.

bobthenailer
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
all of the bulk brass that ive gotten from Starline allways had a few extra cases over stated count.

hiram1
06-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Starline is goooood brass.i use a lot of it .

429421Cowboy
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Last bag of 100 Win .44 mag brass had 101 hulls in it, i was downright tickled to find that too! Never bought bulk Rem brass but that is nice to know, one or two extra pistol brass is nice, two extra .338 brass would be awesome!

blackthorn
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Most likely the bulk bags are weighed rather than counted. It is just good customer relations to make sure there are at least the stated number of cases in each pack. Many years ago when the world was not as parinoid (and Liberalized) I took a trip to Washington state to shop. We stoped by Kesselrings gun shop off I-5 and I bought 100 - 300 Weatherby Magnum cases and the clerk weighed them out. When I got home I found three extra cases in the brown paper bag.

Stick_man
06-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I just recently purchased some new bulk .44mag brass. I think it was Winchester (about $5 cheaper per 100) and hope to find a couple extra pieces in those two bags.

The only issue I have with Remington brass is I find their rims to be a little thicker than others and often have to struggle to get them into the shell holder. Out of 1000 pcs of used brass, the only ones to not slide into the shell holder are Remingtons. Has anybody else experienced this?

x101airborne
06-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Yep. Almost couldnt use Remington brass in my 41 blackhawk. Had to hand rotate the cylinder to fire off the rounds. A quick trip across some 600 grit paper thinned the rim and they all work well now.

ElDorado
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
The only issue I have with Remington brass is I find their rims to be a little thicker than others and often have to struggle to get them into the shell holder. Out of 1000 pcs of used brass, the only ones to not slide into the shell holder are Remingtons. Has anybody else experienced this?

I'm having that trouble right now with a bag of 30-40 that I just opened. About 40 of them wouldn't fit into the Lee Auto-Prime shellholder.