PDA

View Full Version : Speer Gold Dots -- VT Murderer

handyrandyrc
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18183171/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/7/

I noticed he used Speer Gold Dots. At least I _assume_ that is what he used, as he shot video of them lined up on a table. These are my favorite carry rounds -- I use them in everything. They certainly were effective, in this case.

Sad to see them used in such an evil way.

Boz330
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Better hang onto them, they will probably go the way of Talons after this.

That was one sick puppy.

Bob

454PB
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
As terrible as it is, at least he wasn't using cast boolits.....

Springfield
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Talons are still around, they just aren't black anymore. And they renamed them. There wasn't really anything special about them anyway, just looked different. It is too bad he didn't use something less efficient though, maybe would have had more survivors.

rockrat
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Did you catch the bit from the retired ATF (IIRC) agent that said "hollow points have no use in home defense, they are only used to kill" Figured he was retired due to a medical condition--stupidity!!

leftiye
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Rock
I guess he thinks you can't hunt with them nor shoot targets. BTW, I guess home (self) defense somehow isn't supposed to have the possibility of someone getting dead? I guess they quoted him because FBI agents are supposed to be experts? Like in what field?

MT Gianni
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Rock
I guess he thinks you can't hunt with them nor shoot targets. BTW, I guess home (self) defense somehow isn't supposed to have the possibility of someone getting dead? I guess they quoted him because FBI agents are supposed to be experts? Like in what field?

like the shirt I saw recently:
Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms
Who's bringing the chips?
Gianni.

handyrandyrc
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Did you catch the bit from the retired ATF (IIRC) agent that said "hollow points have no use in home defense, they are only used to kill" Figured he was retired due to a medical condition--stupidity!!

OPINION of a single FORMER ATF person. Grain of salt.

georgeld
04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Damned shame they all hit the deck and hid instead of making a mass attack to try to stop him.

Never would have happened that way in the 60's.
At least not where I went to school it wouldn't.

Stupid the gun laws that prevent those that would and could have been carrying that day that might have stopped him short.

Notice these things don't happen where guns are not forbidden.

How about the mass killing of 38 students and 7 teachers back in the late 20's. Guy blew the school up with dynamite. Hope the news keeps that one off the air.

Real challenge for the next one with all the referrece to this being the most killed etc etc.

Better quit, damned shame for sure.

BobHarget
04-21-2007, 04:02 AM

Hollow points and other expanding ammo was banned here (except for hunting and vermin control) after the Dunblane killings because Hamilton had used one to kill himself after shooting the kids with a 9mm. The reason "hollow point ammunition has no use in target shooting". We are not allowed firearms for our defence because it is against "Home Office policy".
We have to be approved for hunting over here and if you want hollow point it must be specified on your certificate (FAC). Even the bullet heads have to be entered onto your FAC if you buy them for reloading.
So beware casual comments in the media as they can provide the way for Governments to ban something and thereby be seen to be doing something.

MT Gianni
04-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Bob, Can I ask where "Over here" is? Thanks, Gianni.

MT Gianni
04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
All need to let others remember that the shooter was in violation of the law. New laws would not have stopped him either. Gianni.

rroberts
04-21-2007, 03:52 PM
It is a very sad situation. Unfortunately, I am afraid he has not only given the liberals more ammo, but also terrorist a new tool for their arsenal. Instead of a suicide bomber, a suicide gunman.

BD
04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
He has won. Publishing the contents of the package he mailed to the entire world was his goal. Killing 30 innocent students was his means to that end. He may have had some specific motivation for the first two murders, but I believe the last 30 were killed to buy his time on the world stage. NBC has insured that his was a successful stratagy, and in doing so they have guaranteed that a similer event will occur again.

BD

DLCTEX
04-21-2007, 05:30 PM
It occured to me that a simple dead bolt lock with a thumb turn mechanism would have saved a lot of lives. Probably illegal due to fire regs. Where is the greatest danger, people too dumb to turn a lock or a lunitic bent on destruction of everyone? Well, I just remembered there are locks with push bars to override the lock from the inside. How many were in that room where the professor tried to hold the door? Maybe we need to focus on door locks and strong rooms instead of gun laws? DALE

The Dust Collector
04-21-2007, 05:58 PM
AMEN I agree! With BD

Blackwater
04-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Our kids today are raised to be easy victims. The VT shootings are just the proof of it. Yes, it's a shock to see someone come into anywhere shooting, but the last time it happened to me, it only took about a second to react.

Kids are just so dang used to being TOLD what to do that in the absence of directions, they just sat there for what MUST have been an interminably long time awaiting their fates.

This shooting shows a lot of things, and the waste of time in passing MORE laws is only one of them.