PDA

View Full Version : A Public Apology

x101airborne
05-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Folks, I have to say I have been absent minded lately and it involves a transaction with another member from the swappin and sellin section for wich I owe an explanation.

Some time ago, I spoke for a set of 284 winchester dies. As of today, approximately 2 weeks later, I am only now sending out payment. I am responsible solely for the error.

My dad has been in the hospital for a week and a day with MRSA or Merca, or whatever you call that drug resistant staff that has been going around. They have cut off about a pound of my dad's love handle in three different operations trying to get it under control. They finally got most of it and he has been home for about 4 days. During this time, I have been having to run the ranches, run my family, and take care of him as best I can. That is no excuse.

I keep forgetting to stop at the post office and get the money order. Even though I have driven right by the post office several times, I just dont think about it when I am going by. When I get home and on the site I think about it, but that doesnt help me when the post office is 30 miles away. The payment has gone out today, and I hope this makes it maybe not ok, but more understood. I have sent the seller an apology but I just wanted to make it public that I feel bad about my error.

wgr
05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Sorry about your dad.I can see were you have your hands full with more pressing problems

missionary5155
05-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon
It happens. I will pray for your dad. Mike leaving Peru today.

357maximum
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Sorry about your Dad and I hope is recovery is swift. That is some nasty stuff. worked with a feller that had it and he had an oooze filled bag taped to his side for months. I hope things go faster for your Dad.

We all forget and alot of times we have alot less reason than you currently have. I currently owe several people on this forum a flintknapping/gunflint How-to. Between work/life and an evil computer that frustrates me come photobucket time I have yet to do it and it is well overdue. No one has broken out the torches yet, but that says more about their character than my own.

flounderman
05-31-2012, 04:02 PM
the worst thing about mrsa is you usually catch it in the hospital. you ndon't want an open sores around it. wear your gloves

Dean D.
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
+1 for ya x101. I think we all have been in your situation. Heck, I still owe 357Maximum a box of rocks from an exchange we did (I'm still workin on it Mike!). Life gets busy but staying in touch and communicating goes a long way.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad.

jsizemore
05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Please have yourself checked for MRSA also.

357maximum
05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Dean

I just figured you got confused and were waiting for them rocks to "age" like waterquenched boolits do. :kidding:

Mike

runfiverun
05-31-2012, 06:22 PM
naww, dean only gets confused when i start talkin to him about lube property's.

357maximum
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Real estate can be confusing ya know.

LatheRunner
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
x101airborne: Hope your father has a swift recovery. Prayers go out for you and your father.
I think anyone I have dealt with here on the forum would understand.

LatheRunner

geargnasher
05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Man, that sucks Trey! 'Course you do all the work anyway, but nursing your old man on top of it all has to be rough. Sick family is always worrysome and stressful. Communication is all it takes to make keep things in order, I don't think very many of the good folks here are going to get out the torches over a few bucks as long as they know what's going on.

Dean

I just figured you got confused and were waiting for them rocks to "age" like waterquenched boolits do. :kidding:

Mike

That reminds me, wife and I DID go on the scenic wildflower excursion/rock hunt up in rootbeer chert country about a month ago like I promised, but didn't find much that wouldn't require a little trespassing. Around here, "a little trespassing" is like "a little pregnant", no such thing and it'll get you shot. Still looking for a public-access place to scrounge that better chert. I don't have any friends with property in that part of the state, but I'm always looking in dry washes under bridges for stuff you can use.

Gear

Bloodman14
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
I've had 3 MRSA infections; two of them required surgery to get it all out, and that was in addition to being pumped full of clindamycin and vancomycin for a week straight! I know that some things take preference in life; don't be too hard on yourself.

smoked turkey
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
There are some things that we have no control over. This sickness is one of those. It is very commendable that you have taken the stance that you have. That says a lot about you. In addition, your concern and care for your family and the ranch also says something about what kind of a friend/son you are. As has been said don't be too hard on yourself. Also prayers for all concerned have gone up from southwest MO.

LuvMy1911
05-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I hope your father gets better soon! Take care of him as well as you can.

x101airborne
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Thank you folks for your prayers and thoughts. Dad is doing better, he is just mainly peeved that he cant get out and do stuff. And the person I had the transaction with has been REALLY patient and understanding. A true gentleman. I just felt he / yall deserved more than just a "woops".

redneckdan
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I'll join your bandwagon of self immolation. I just got back from the post office dropping of two PIFs from April. For most of us this is a hobby, that means when get to it when we have time. There is some one here who owes me a mold from a trade in October, they are busy, so am I. That is life. No worries, it'll get here eventually.

Good to hear your father is doing better. MRSA is nasty stuff.