PDA

View Full Version : I got a job !

Jim
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I recently(Thursday gone by) relocated to Columbia, SC. Yesterday, I got hired on with an outfit called W.B. Guimarin. I've known about them for some time, but did a little snooping around and found out they're a pretty decent outfit. The man said they weren't advertising, but they were always looking for good hands. He put me to work. I go back this AM to pee in the cup and go through orientation. I start Monday helping some guys that have already started putting the domestic water piping in the Lexington Medical Complex Renovation job. Sure feels good to know that I'm back in the saddle. Now if I can just find a tire dealer that will gimme some WWs, I'll be in the money sure enough!

Junior1942
04-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I recently(Thursday gone by) relocated to Columbia, SC. Yesterday, I got hired on with an outfit called W.B. Guimarin. I've known about them for some time, but did a little snooping around and found out they're a pretty decent outfit. The man said they weren't advertising, but they were always looking for good hands. He put me to work. I go back this AM to pee in the cup and go through orientation. I start Monday helping some guys that have already started putting the domestic water piping in the Lexington Medical Complex Renovation job. Sure feels good to know that I'm back in the saddle. Now if I can just find a tire dealer that will gimme some WWs, I'll be in the money sure enough!
This day and time a guy who can pass the pee test is a rarity.

TDB9901
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
So far I have never had a problem, but I often have to stay up and study all night the night before.:mrgreen:

KCSO
04-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey, since 60 I have no problems. I hear water I pee!

Jim
04-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, Jr., ol' buddy, I haven't done anything "stupid" since I was stupid and that was 30 years ago. I'm kinda proud of bein' able to pee in the cup anytime they ask.

BD
04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Mid Carolina Rifle Club in West Columbia has an excellant range facility with several active competitive gun sports. I'm down on the coast but get up there for an IDPA match on rare occasions.
BD

doc25
04-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Is the test just to pee in a cup :drinks: ? Shoot I can do that drunk and stoned :mrgreen: .

Jim
04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Doc, the test is to hit the cup while it's on the shelf.

Bigjohn
04-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Doc, the test is to hit the cup while it's on the shelf.

How high is the shelf, If it is at the right height, I should be able to do that while standing on a ladder. Just don't complain about the accuracy; it might not be to good these days. [smilie=1:

BTW, congratulations on the new job. Almost forgot all about that with the thread sort of being Hi Jacked or is that off track just a little.

John.

Four Fingers of Death
04-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Well done! Nothing more dis heartening than not having a job if you have a strong work ethic. I hope they aren't testing for lead! :D

TDB9901
04-21-2007, 12:01 PM
BTW, congratulations on the new job. Almost forgot all about that with the thread sort of being Hi Jacked or is that off track just a little.

John.

Yes, congrats, it's always a heavy load lifted to be "on the payroll" again.

Tom

cgrivois
04-21-2007, 02:55 PM
TDB9901 hey stay away from my wheel weights, they belong to me. Seriously though welcome to Cola. Im thinking of joining mid carolina gun club when I get back from the desert, which by the way is less than two months. Getting board of punching holes into paper at the indoor ranges, interested in learning the gun games as well. Its been getting harder and harder to find lead around cola, but I still have a couple of sources that supply me regularly. They just opened the Sportsman Wharehouse off of 26 wich is a decent place to purchase reloading supplies. Also shooters choice off of sunnset has an indoor range and some supplies. Couple of times a year the gun shows come to town but if you've ever been to one, you know how that goes. Congrats on the new job, and welcome to columbia. Maybe we can get together some time and you can show a rookie caster some old tricks.

Jim
04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Cgrivois,
Sir, it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you and buy you a cup of coffee or a cold beer, your preference. I have a great appreciation and respect for those that would defend my freedom and be willing to die to see to it.
I'm in the middle of "negotiations" with the MCRC club pres about joining. I have learned that members can bring guests. If I get signed up before you get back, you'll be my guest for a day of recreational shooting. As far as doing a little casting is concerned, nothing would suit me better than to have you over one Saturday and sit out on the patio and fire up the ol' pot. You mentioned Sportsman's Warehouse. Yessir, it IS a good place to shop. However, I can help you find some really good prices when you're ready to buy reloading supplies.
All this is gonna cost you, however. I got 4F'ed in '73 and was not allowed to serve. I sure would like to hear some first hand "war stories" if you can bring yourself to share your experiences with me.
My email addy is COLTNEWSERVICE@YAHOO.COM and my name is Jim. Please, feel free to contact me. I'd enjoy hearing from you. In the mean time, keep your head down and your eyes open. I'm looking forward to having a new shooting partner and I'm sure there are others that look forward to seeing you as well.
Thank you for your service. I enjoy my freedom.

Jim

scottiemom
04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Welcome to Cola and congrats on the new job!