PDA

View Full Version : soule sights for new Winchester 1885

waltp
04-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Gents,

Need your opinions on Soule sights offered by Lee Shaver. I am considering ordering midrange rear and globe front, with inserts, from his web site. He states that they will fit current holes and front slot. Price is reasonable compared to Midway, Montana, Buffalo Arms, and others. His price is $257.00 total, others are +- $400.00. I only shoot 100 yards, paper targets.

Also, in previous post I requested a refferal for custom mould to breech seat this rifle. Ordered from Borton-Darr; very pleased with product. Shoots clovers
at 50 yards. At 100 yards the factory hunter tang is a real challenge; thus, the soule replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Jon K
04-19-2007, 09:23 AM
waltp,

May I suggest that instead of the Economy Soule Sight, that you get the Premium Soule Sight- the Hadley Eye Cup allows you to change aperture size according to your eyesight and light conditions, and the rubber ring on the eyecup prevents damage to the stock when folded back. Plus easy to read graduations, and spring washers to keep slop out of elevation. Overall better sight.

If money is an issue, and for short range shooting, I like the Marble's Tang sight, Repeatable click adjustments elevation and windage w/lifetime warranty.

Jon
:castmine:

lovedogs
04-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Can't say much about mid-range sights as I shoot a half-mile range and use Shaver's long-range sight. I highly recommend Lee's sights. He's good to do business with and his newer sights are really good. And reasonable priced, too.

Gussy
04-22-2007, 02:31 PM
I have a used Browning sight off of a BPCR on mine. Not as much windage but great for the buck. A hadley is $75.00 from Buf Arms.
Gus

Dale53
04-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I have used or seen nearly all of the sights in regular use by BPCR shooters. I had no problems with my Browning issue sights on my BPCR and Creedmoor. On my Sharps I used a "Parts Unknown" sight. Parts Unknown "new" Sharps design is a superior sight (somewhat better than Browning because it is easy with the "Sharps micrometer" to split a point into five (giving you repeatable 1/5" movement at 100 yards). That is the only sight I have used with that capability and That for much less than a MVA, for instance. Sergio, of Parts Unknown, will service his customers better than most anyone. Can't beat the value of the Parts Unknown sights. I wouldn't put less on a rifle.

I have one of the early Shavers and am not impressed. Haven't seen a recent one.

Dale53

Bob S
04-22-2007, 11:57 PM
... So how does one contact "Parts Unknown" directly?

Resp'y,
Bob S.

floodgate
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Bob:

Parts Unknown:

Toll Free 1-866-239-9451 (after 6pm, CST);
(204) 487-7185;
206 Oxford St. Winnipeg, MB Canada R3M 3J6;
<spustogo@shaw.ca

floodgate