PDA

View Full Version : another poll

Forester
04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
hate to have to keep posting these things but it is one less piece of...ammunition...they can use against us

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ny--rangel-guns0417apr17,0,6131808.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

walltube
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Rather sneaky and mis-leading to place "YES" above "NO"; and that placed just below a touching scene of students (?) gathered in posed bereavement.

Typical media poo-poo.

Bigjohn
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Just a note to show how this incident has had world wide effects.

The media here in Australia have also jumped on the 'Bandwagon' and put up their own poll.

The question they are asking is; Have Australia's Gun Laws made the Nation Safer?

IMO This question is a bit of a double edged sword as the obvious answer is NO; which could leave to a push for stronger laws.

John.

3006guns
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I looked over the page and simply voted "no"....I notice the vote is about 2 to 1 against any further laws. Maybe they'll get the idea......:???:

leftiye
04-18-2007, 09:06 PM
How'd ya like the way they ended the article by quoting the NRA as voicing coldolences? So what should they have done? Another fine example of the news faction (ain't that what it is?) reporting their own views, not the facts. There hasn't been an unbiased press in the USA since way before Vietnam (if ever). When I was in V.N., I R&R'd in Tokyo. While I was there I picked up an English language newspaper to read. Made me wonder if the subjects were the same ones that were in our papers.